Home | Ezine | Forums | Links | Contact
NitroExpress.com: .327 Federal Magnum--Ruger Pistol

View recent messages : 24 hours | 48 hours | 7 days | 14 days | 30 days | 60 days | More Smilies

*** Enjoy NitroExpress.com? Participate and join in. ***

Shooting & Reloading - Mausers, Big Bores and others >> Handguns

Pages: 1 | 2 | (show all)
9.3x57
.450 member

Reged: 22/04/07
Loc: United States
Re: .327 Federal Magnum--Ruger Pistol [Re: Rolf]
      #103611 - 26/04/08 11:11 PM

Great idea!

I have two SIG P226's; one in 9x19 and one in .357 SIG. They are, as you say, superb pistols. Having a ".30-caliber" option would be a plus for a lot of the field use I have for mine.

My dream is for one of the current companies to introduce a bottlenecked .30 with the ballistics of the 7.62x25. That one is a bit too long for frame depths of current modern pistols, but everybody I know who has shot a good Tokarev or CZ52 seems to jump on board with the hope of a Modern .30 Auto, too. 86 grain bullets at 1500-1600 have a lot going for them. Very flat shooting, accurate, low recoil/high controllability, great for varmints and small game hunting and would make a fine defensive cartridge too.

In the meantime, my Tokarev will still get the nod most of the time for field carry over any of my other pistols.

--------------------
What are the Rosary, the Cross or the Crucifix other than tools to help maintain the fortress of our faith in Jesus Christ, the Son of God?

Post Extras: Print Post   Remind Me!   Notify Moderator  
Pages: 1 | 2 | (show all)

Extra information
0 registered and 7 anonymous users are browsing this forum.

Moderator:  NitroX 

Print Topic

Forum Permissions
      You cannot start new topics
      You cannot reply to topics
      HTML is disabled
      UBBCode is enabled

Rating:
Topic views: 5477

Rate this topic

Jump to

Contact Us NitroExpress.com