Home | Ezine | Forums | Links | Contact
NitroExpress.com: Raffling off a pistol.

View recent messages : 24 hours | 48 hours | 7 days | 14 days | 30 days | 60 days | More Smilies

*** Enjoy NitroExpress.com? Participate and join in. ***

Shooting & Reloading - Mausers, Big Bores and others >> Handguns

Pages: 1
szihn
.400 member

Reged: 24/06/07
Loc: Wind River Valley, Wyoming
Raffling off a pistol.
      #106862 - 06/06/08 01:22 PM

Howdy all.

I am making and donating a nice colonial flintlock pistol to our Cowboy Church in Riverton, Wyoming. We are going to raffle it off as a fund raiser.
It’s got an English Walnut stock and a 45 caliber rifled barrel made by me. It’s got an L&R Small Manton lock.
The pistol will be relief carved and engraved and wire inlayed. Should be a rather exceptional piece.
So........ if any of you would like to take a chance, the tickets are $10 each, or 7 for $50.
The 2nd place prize is a Damascus bladed knife with a buffalo horn handle made my ABS master Bladesmith Audra Draper.
3rd place prize is a custom knife by “Crazy Magpie (Brian Semich) of Cody Wyoming.
You need not be present to win.

If you send whatever amount you want for tickets to Wind River Valley Cowboy Church at:
Box 2003
Riverton Wyoming [82501]
and a self addressed stamped envelope, we’ll get the tickets coming back to you on or about June 15th. The drawing will be August 16th of this year., so mail-ins should be sent before August 10th.
I will post pictures ASAP. I am carving the gun now, and I will be doing the wire inlay soon.

I thank you all in advance for your support,
God be with you.

Steve Zihn

Edited by szihn (16/06/08 04:10 AM)

Post Extras: Print Post   Remind Me!   Notify Moderator  
Mike_Bailey
.400 member

Reged: 26/02/07
Loc: GB
Re: Raffling off a pistol. [Re: szihn]
      #106876 - 06/06/08 06:03 PM

Steve,I'll take 7 tickets but I need an account to wire the money to. And if I do win I'll take the knife. No offense to you but sending a pistol to Spain would be a logistical nightmare best Mike

szihn
.400 member

Re: Raffling off a pistol. [Re: Mike_Bailey]
      #106899 - 06/06/08 11:02 PM

Thank You Mike

I will have C.J. Vandermuhlen contact you with account info. I don't have it, but he does.
He's the man putting the tent meeting and raffle on.

Schamankungulo
.300 member

Reged: 21/04/07
Loc: Southeastern USA
      #106944 - 07/06/08 08:59 AM

Sounds great .. Send the info to me as well for wiring funds ..
Do you know if they do paypal ??

szihn
.400 member

Re: Raffling off a pistol. [Re: Schamankungulo]
      #106947 - 07/06/08 10:12 AM

Hello again mike and Schamankugulo.
I talked to C.J. and Lacey today. They don't have an account for wiring moneys from out of the country set up at out little church's bank. Out church is only about 35 people, so we are not exactly "large sale". In fact, the church account seldom has more than $400 in it at any time.

Anyway, Lacey is going to get something set up on Monday if at all possible. It will go through a bank in Riverton Wyoming. I don't have details yet, but i will get them posted ASAP.

I am sure there don't even know what Paypal is, and surely don't have anything set up that way. In the past, we've just sold the tickets and had the drawing at the meeting and mailed out prizes to anyone that won, but was not there at the time of the drawing. This is the 1st time we've put anything on the internet, so it's all new ground for us.

But we are getting it figured out.
It's Friday so nothing can be done before Monday, bat as soon as we get something set up, I'll post the details.

I am doing the wire inlay now, so it won't be too much longer before I can have some pictures posted.

Steve

szihn
.400 member

#107249 - 12/06/08 10:14 AM

For all who would be interested in the drawing and are outside the USA, use this information to send money for tickets.

WIRE TRANSFER INSTRUCTIONS
Wyoming National Bank
1700 North Federal Blvd.
Riverton, WY 82501

ABA (Routing Number:

SHORT NAME:
WYOMING NATL BK

REFERENCE CUSTOMER NAME

Lacey M. Young

Please send a note with any monies that it’s for the Cowboy Church Drawing in August, so Lacey will know. Also make sure you include your contact information and address, so if you win we can ship the prize to you.

Steve Zihn

Pages: 1

Extra information
0 registered and 26 anonymous users are browsing this forum.

Moderator:  NitroX 

Print Topic

Forum Permissions
      You cannot start new topics
      You cannot reply to topics
      HTML is disabled
      UBBCode is enabled

Rating:
Topic views: 2707

Rate this topic

Jump to

Contact Us NitroExpress.com