Home | Ezine | Forums | Links | Contact
NitroExpress.com: Army & Navy .450/400

View recent messages : 24 hours | 48 hours | 7 days | 14 days | 30 days | 60 days | More Smilies

*** Enjoy NitroExpress.com? Participate and join in. ***

Double Rifles, Single Shots & Combinations >> Double Rifle Photos & Archive

Pages: 1 | 2 | (show all)
NitroXAdministrator
.700 member

Reged: 25/12/02
Loc: Barossa Valley, South Australi...
Re: Red dot & reflex sights [Re: FlatTop45]
      #374475 - 25/02/23 09:21 PM

Quote:

Even though there are some more streamlined types available, I find the ocular lens on those to typically be on the smaller side and so not as quick to use.

Maybe it's just me, but even though rifle scopes tend to be much larger and heavier than a red dot and actually sit higher on the gun, they just look like they're supposed to be there. Like they are a part of the rifle. With the exception of those with open sights, a bolt action rifle without a scope just looks odd and unfinished. At least, it does to me...

It's just you, your eye and what you are familiar with. Sorry!

A side by side looks very wrong to me with any scope on it. But it's useful if it works on some of them.

A bolt action without a scope looks fine. No doubt 70 years ago guys said a scope on a classic rifle was ugly.

A red dot type sight is just unfamiliar looking. People will get used to them. They look wrong on handguns too imo. But again can be useful.

A redesigned red dot sight for double rifles is unlikely because of a lack of demand. But I agree, designed to look right, no idea of what it would be. Maybe a virtual 3D head up display!

A red dot sight looks entirely appropriate on some butt ugly AR15 or M4.

--------------------
John aka NitroX

Govt get out of our lives NOW!
"I love the smell of cordite in the morning."
"A Sharp spear needs no polish"

Edited by NitroX (25/02/23 11:12 PM)

Post Extras: Print Post   Remind Me!   Notify Moderator  
NitroXAdministrator
.700 member

Re: Red dot & reflex sights [Re: NitroX]
      #374476 - 25/02/23 09:54 PM

It doesn't look 100% right at all but less obtrusive.

I find the dots way too small for fast close shooting. Not too mention my vision makes the circle a star. A 3.5 MOA is still too small IMO. 6 TO 7 as a guess.

One trades off accuracy with a large dot. 7 MOA. 3.5 inches at 50 yards, 1.75 inches at 25 yards. Great for an elephants brain or a charging buffalo.

7 inches circle at 100 yards, 14 inches at 200 yards. Way too big for fine shooting.

Why the Ffff do the manufacturers insist on bloody simple red circle dots?!!!!!

A solid triangle or an open arrow V upside down has both do easily. A large V for quick easy sighting at close range. The tip of the V for accuracy. Add some thin cross hair type stuff for centring. Like some military red dot sights.

Some one find me this on a QUALITY reflex sight I can see well!

PS and a battery which canbe replaced without having to remove the sight. Simply stupid design on the trijicon.

--------------------
John aka NitroX

Govt get out of our lives NOW!
"I love the smell of cordite in the morning."
"A Sharp spear needs no polish"

Edited by NitroX (25/02/23 11:12 PM)

Bindi2
.275 member

Reged: 03/03/11
Loc: WA, Aust
Re: Red dot & reflex sights [Re: NitroX]
      #374477 - 25/02/23 10:16 PM

They dont just have single dots which i use on my action match pistols. My shottie has a multi aim system in it plus multi colour.

Edited by NitroX (25/02/23 11:11 PM)

NitroXAdministrator
.700 member

Re: Red dot & reflex sights [Re: Bindi2]
      #374479 - 25/02/23 11:07 PM

https://www.opticsplanet.com/v/hs507c-x2-acss-holosun-hs507c-x2-pistol-red-dot.html

https://www.primaryarms.com/holosun-hs50...94130_f2eafdff5

Holosun HS507C-X2 Pistol Red Dot Sight - ACSS® Vulcan® Reticle

https://www.primaryarms.com/SSP%20Applic...amp;resizew=555

https://www.primaryarms.com/SSP%20Applic...-X2-ACSS_04.jpg

After rigorous field testing, this optic has been given a Silver-tier rating by the National Tactical Officers Association.

The Holosun HS507C-X2-ACSS is a new generation of pistol red dot sight packed full of features like the multiple reticle system, solar failsafe, and shake awake technology to ensure your reflex sight is always operational when you need it. On top of the two battery-saving techniques, the HS507C-X2 reflex sight features up to 20,000 hours of Battery Life on setting 6 with the CR1632 battery. This battery is located in a convenient tray that slides out and allows you to easily change it without having to remove the optic from your pistol. This model features the revolutionary, patent-pending ACSS Vulcan reticle with an outer circle. It features 7075-T6 aluminum construction with an anodized black finish and fully multicoated glass for long-term durability that is backed by Holosun's limited lifetime warranty.

Note: Does not include Picatinny mount.

Features:
Great for handguns, rifles, PCCs, and shotguns
Solar failsafe
Exclusive, patent-pending ACSS Vulcan reticle
Large outer reference circle can be deactivated per user preference
10 MOA center chevron
2 Reticle modes
Shake awake technology
Red LED
Multicoated glass
7075-T6 aluminum construction