Home | Ezine | Forums | Links | Contact
NitroExpress.com: unique double rifle from HALGER (Halbe&Gerlich) .280

View recent messages : 24 hours | 48 hours | 7 days | 14 days | 30 days | 60 days | More Smilies

*** Enjoy NitroExpress.com? Participate and join in. ***

Double Rifles, Single Shots & Combinations >> Double Rifle Photos & Archive

Pages: 1 | 2 | (show all)
kuduae
.400 member

Reged: 13/01/10
Loc: middle of Germany
Re: unique double rifle from HALGER (Halbe&Gerlich) .280 [Re: doubleriflejack]
      #242339 - 13/02/14 10:57 PM

The "CFT" stamp on the watertable of this double rifle is interesting, as it points to the real gunmaker who made this rifle for Halbe & Gerlich, Hamburg. This is the fourth gun with this mark I know. First I saw it on the 12/12/7x57R drilling, proofed July 1937 and retailed by Wilhelm Pieter, Halberstadt, that I inherited from my grandfather. I first believed it should be read "TCF" for Teschner - Collath in Frankfurt on Oder, as that drilling, though of conventional design, has a Collath type barrel selector. Then I saw it on an early, 1915, snap action underlever over/under combination that was definitely not "Collath". My research for articles on Collath in "Der Waffenschmied #45" of the German Gun Collectors Association showed that Collath did not use this stamp. But in an earlier GGCA publication a Drilling marked and sold by J.J.Reeb, Bonn, was shown that also has this stamp and bears another small stamp: "C.F.Triebel / Suhl". So all these guns, even this "Halger" double rifle, were actually made by Christoph Friedrich Triebel, Grosse Backstrasse 14, Suhl, founded about 1800 and still existing in 1945. Though there were 45 other gunsmithes named "Triebel" active in the German guntrade at some time or another, the C.F.Triebel company was well known for making highest quality special order guns for many "name" gunmakers.

Post Extras: Print Post   Remind Me!   Notify Moderator  
feinejagdwaffen
.224 member

Reged: 08/02/14
Loc: Europe / Germany
Re: unique double rifle from HALGER (Halbe&Gerlich) .280 [Re: kuduae]
      #242342 - 14/02/14 12:08 AM

PERFECT kuduae - c.f.triebel / suhl was also confirmed by a severe sauer&sohn / prewar collector
whom you also know quite well

--------------------
norbert
www.feine-jagdwaffen.de

ellenbr
.300 member

Reged: 25/08/07
Loc: North Alabama
Re: unique double rifle from HALGER (Halbe&Gerlich) .280 [Re: feinejagdwaffen]
      #247336 - 11/05/14 09:37 PM

Just lovely & it was sourced from Christian Friedrich Triebel of Suhl's shop. Can you pleasure us with some images of the flats/underside of the tubes? Where are you near Frankfurt?

Kind Regards,

Raimey
rse

Pages: 1 | 2 | (show all)

Extra information
0 registered and 13 anonymous users are browsing this forum.

Moderator:  CptCurl 

Print Topic

Forum Permissions
      You cannot start new topics
      You cannot reply to topics
      HTML is disabled
      UBBCode is enabled

Rating:
Topic views: 17154

Rate this topic

Jump to

Contact Us NitroExpress.com