Home | Ezine | Forums | Links | Contact
NitroExpress.com: My .500NE has arrived

View recent messages : 24 hours | 48 hours | 7 days | 14 days | 30 days | 60 days | More Smilies

*** Enjoy NitroExpress.com? Participate and join in. ***

Double Rifles, Single Shots & Combinations >> Double Rifles

Pages: 1 | 2 | (show all)
Well_Well_Well
.333 member

Reged: 03/01/07
Loc: Australia
Re: My .500NE has arrived [Re: 500Boswell]
      #262737 - 24/03/15 07:46 PM

The attitude of the WAPOL stems in part from their tendency to hire from the various member states within the United Kingdom of Great Britain and (particularly) Northern Ireland........

Quite a number of all ranks come with pre ordained views on private firearm ownership which they apply to their daily duties and advice to numerous ministers over the years.

Combined with the tendency to revert to an isolationist viewpoint means that they think they're leading the nation. Sadly, that way be a police state.

Post Extras: Print Post   Remind Me!   Notify Moderator  
500Boswell
.400 member

Reged: 21/07/06
Loc: Queensland
Re: My .500NE has arrived [Re: Well_Well_Well]
      #262741 - 24/03/15 08:41 PM

Why do they do that ? arent Australian Citizens good enough for the job ? very sus to me

Well_Well_Well
.333 member

Reged: 03/01/07
Re: My .500NE has arrived [Re: 500Boswell]
      #262766 - 25/03/15 08:36 PM

Apparently not.

ChrisPer here has more background on the topic, key individuals etc, but of the time I've been in WA, exactly half the police I've dealt with have had a pommy accent. Most of the ones i asked had been recruited from a UK police organisation.

Mike_Bailey
.400 member

Reged: 26/02/07
Loc: GB
Re: My .500NE has arrived [Re: Well_Well_Well]
      #262807 - 26/03/15 07:43 PM

ExcessExpress, if that is the case you are really buggered !

BillG500
.300 member

Reged: 16/10/14
Re: My .500NE has arrived [Re: Mike_Bailey]
      #264120 - 24/04/15 08:26 PM

I've got it at last....... Woo Hoo, Yee Haa.

I just had a look at the statement when I purchased the rifle and it is dated 10th of October last year. How's that for being mucked around by the Firearms Branch in Western Australia???

I very nearly relocated to the Northern Territory 7 years ago, in hindsight..... maybe I should of. At least I get to go there a few times a year to catch up with mates to fish and hunt.

Anyway, it's all done now, I've got it, and I'm wrapped. It's a well made rifle has upgraded wood from the standard model and a nice dark stock, with a good amount of figure. I've done a fair bit of clay shooting and this rifle comes to the shoulder quite well, very much like a shotgun indeed. (even considering the extra weight)I weighed it, and it comes in at 4.8kg's whilst my .404 comes in at 4.4kg's, so not too bad and it won't be any trouble carrying this around.

That's about as far as I've got with it so far and won't get a chance to shoot it for a bit, as I'm off chasing Red deer for the roar tomorrow, and for the second time this year. I went for a hunt two weeks ago and got a cracker 12 pointer, and a 10 pointer in the one morning....but that's another story.

When I get back I'll try to load some photo's of the .500 and of some deer too.

Waidmannsheil
.400 member

Reged: 19/04/13
Loc: Melbourne Australia
Re: My .500NE has arrived [Re: BillG500]
      #264121 - 24/04/15 09:33 PM

Glad to hear you finally got it, what a stuff around, anyway a good result but only because you stuck to your guns, if you pardon the pun.

Waidmannsheil.

--------------------
There is nothing wrong with vegetarian food, so long as there is meat with it.

500Boswell
.400 member

Reged: 21/07/06
Loc: Queensland
Re: My .500NE has arrived [Re: Waidmannsheil]
      #264148 - 25/04/15 07:57 AM

My 500 NE has just cleared Customs ,it was to be a 6 to 8 month build time, next month it will be Two YEARS !!!! ,now just have to deal with the PTA ,which i am sure will be the next PITA ,waiting for ''her'' at Weapons Licencing to make the ''Decision '' ho hum ,the 2x 600 actions i bought, took 6 Months before i was allowed to take possession of them, hmmm getting harder !

Pages: 1 | 2 | (show all)

Extra information
0 registered and 119 anonymous users are browsing this forum.

Moderator:  CptCurl 

Print Topic

Forum Permissions
      You cannot start new topics
      You cannot reply to topics
      HTML is disabled
      UBBCode is enabled

Rating:
Topic views: 15644

Rate this topic

Jump to

Contact Us NitroExpress.com