Home | Ezine | Forums | Links | Contact
NitroExpress.com: F.A.I.R. O/U D.R. ?

View recent messages : 24 hours | 48 hours | 7 days | 14 days | 30 days | 60 days | More Smilies

*** Enjoy NitroExpress.com? Participate and join in. ***

Double Rifles, Single Shots & Combinations >> Double Rifles

Pages: 1
carpediem4570
.300 member

Reged: 28/06/08
Loc: Alberta, Canada
F.A.I.R. O/U D.R. ?
      #172732 - 07/12/10 04:46 AM

Good Day Ladies and Gentlemen:

I attended a gun show here in Edmonton yesterday. One of the tables had on display, a number of shotguns and double rifles manufactured by F.A.I.R. (Fabbrica Armi Isidoro Rizzini), out of Italy.

The double rifles were all over/unders and the engraving said something to the effect of the gun and all its parts are manufactured in Italy.

Having never handled an O/U D.R., I must say it balanced and swung delightfully well.

Does anyone have one of these guns or know any information on this manufacturer?

The catalogue I picked up says these guns are regulated at 50 metres with two shots being fired from each barrel and must place their shots within 50 millimetres of one-another.

I have to say I was quite intrigued by these little beauties and am interested in buying one however, I want to do my research before I jump in and buy another D.R.

And, the guns are built on a 20-gauge size action and you can have a set of 20 gauge barrels fitted to the action. A two-barrel set would cost you $5000.00 Canadian. This is their premium model, Safari Prestige.

Calibers: 9.3x74R, 8x57Jrs, 30-06, 308W, 30R Blazer, 7x57R, 270W, 6.5x57R, 6.5x55, 243W.

They also make this gun in a rifle/shotgun combination.

The guns in the catalogue show only single trigger systems. The fellow at the gun show assured me he could get the guns in a double trigger configuration.

Ejectors and extractors.

Ok folks, time to pipe-up with comments, questions and concerns.

Regards,

Carpediem

P.S. The salesman at the show will also be bringing in Sabatti's in the spring. Any opinions on the quality of this gun?

--------------------
Life should NOT be a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in an attractive and well-preserved body, but rather to skid in sideways-Chrdonnay in one hand-Chocolate in the other-body thoroughly used up, totally worn out and screaming "WHOO-HOO, WHAT A RIDE!!"

Post Extras: Print Post   Remind Me!   Notify Moderator  
Sville
.400 member

Reged: 23/03/10
Loc: Sweden
Re: F.A.I.R. O/U D.R. ? [Re: carpediem4570]
      #172733 - 07/12/10 04:58 AM

I looked at the information that were on their homepage, www.rizzini.it. Nice looking shotguns and double rifles. //S

carpediem4570
.300 member

Re: F.A.I.R. O/U D.R. ? [Re: Sville]
      #172742 - 07/12/10 06:38 AM

Sorry Folks:

Should have posted the website. It is www.fair.it.

By the way, I am in no way affiliated with this company.

Regards,

Carpediem

--------------------
Life should NOT be a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in an attractive and well-preserved body, but rather to skid in sideways-Chrdonnay in one hand-Chocolate in the other-body thoroughly used up, totally worn out and screaming "WHOO-HOO, WHAT A RIDE!!"

bwananelson
.400 member

Reged: 08/10/07
Loc: DELTONA FLORIDA
      #172745 - 07/12/10 07:48 AM

I HAVE ZOLI'S ,93x74R one with a single trigger and i just stole one on an auction with double triggers,and i have the 450 400 also.and a combo zoli 222 remington over 20 gauge. so yes i like the OU swing nice and they do balance well,the 9.3x74R will hit a CD at 100 with open sights not to shabby

--------------------
THERE ARE NO DO OVERS IN LIFE DONT LET A CHANCE AT A DREAM SLIP AWAY.

doubleriflejack
.333 member

Reged: 11/11/07
Loc: Oregon, U.S.A.
      #172747 - 07/12/10 08:02 AM

Some guys especially like classic side by side double rifles, rather than over/under double rifles, while a smaller number of guys like the over/unders. As a result, over/unders don't tend to sell as easily as sxs, even though it is more expensive to produce a same quality over/under. Personally, I like them both, but prefer sxs, if it suits what sort of hunt I am involved in. When hunting in Montana, for example, just south of you, of course, shooting distances tend to be longer than here in Oregon, when hunting in the thick coastal mountain range, or in the Cascades ---same in much of British Columbia. Also, I think that scopes are more suited to over/unders than to sxs, so when I am hunting more open country, I use a scoped over/under, but when hunting in thick cover, I use a sxs; no iron sights. The Italians are now world leaders in making the world's best over/unders; more and more Italian makers are now producing increasing numbers of sxs, so it may not be long before the Italians are among the best double rifle makers in the world. The Germans were the first to make some of the best over/unders, I think, and they continue to make some excellent over/unders, as well as sxs double rifles. If an over under tends to fit the purposes you plan to put it to in hunting, and if you like over unders, by all means, buy one; I doubt if you will ever regret it. Yes, I am aware of all the arguments against an over under, such as they must be opened more for reloading, than a sxs, etc., but in all my years of hunting (around 40+), I have yet to need more than one or two shots to kill an animal, so didn't need to reload, and I am sure that most animals would not stand around long enough for your two shots, your reloading, and trying to fire a third or fourth time. I hunted with bow for years too, and it made me a far better hunter, so I now think that it would be good for every hunter to bow hunt for a time, for same reasons.

carpediem4570
.300 member

Re: F.A.I.R. O/U D.R. ? [Re: doubleriflejack]
      #172782 - 08/12/10 07:25 AM

Surely to god someone on this forum has shot one of these rifles.

Come on folks, lets here a report on this rifle.

Regards,

Carpediem

--------------------

Alberta
.275 member

Reged: 03/12/07
Loc: Canada
      #172811 - 09/12/10 04:20 AM

You need to contact "catnthehatt" over on Canadian Gun Nutz. He has one in 6.5 if I remember correctly. He seems to be a top notch guy and I am sure he would help you out.

On the Sabatti, I have one in 7x65R and have posted some pics of it on here. I like it, and I would buy another.

Edited by Alberta (09/12/10 04:24 AM)

JPBojinov
.224 member

Reged: 27/07/10
Loc: Bulgaria
Re: F.A.I.R. O/U D.R. ? [Re: Alberta]
      #174351 - 29/01/11 12:32 AM

I've got an combination gun by this maker. FAIR Combi De luxe in calibers 7x65r and 12/76.I too am interested in their double rifle line... They offer one afordable DR here in Bulgaria and I'm collecting oppinions to decide to buy or not...

Pages: 1

Extra information
1 registered and 80 anonymous users are browsing this forum.

Moderator:  CptCurl 

Print Topic

Forum Permissions
      You cannot start new topics
      You cannot reply to topics
      HTML is disabled
      UBBCode is enabled

Rating:
Topic views: 3692

Rate this topic

Jump to

Contact Us NitroExpress.com