Home | Ezine | Forums | Links | Contact
NitroExpress.com: Big Game Rifle Club shoot in the USA

View recent messages : 24 hours | 48 hours | 7 days | 14 days | 30 days | 60 days | More Smilies

*** Enjoy NitroExpress.com? Participate and join in. ***

Double Rifles, Single Shots & Combinations >> Double Rifles

Pages: 1 | 2 | (show all)
AH500
.224 member

Reged: 04/10/04
Re: Big Game Rifle Club shoot in the USA [Re: RobertD]
      #19630 - 06/10/04 01:51 PM

To all shooters and enthusiats who are thinking of going to the Inaugral BGRC USA match to be held at Lodi Win this weekend -10/10/04.

This is Andrew Hepner from Geelong,Victoria,Australia. I am the current Victorian " Big Game Rifle Club" Treasurer,Past President and immediate past National Co-ordinater for Australia. The BGRC is a sub club of the Sporting Shooters Association of Australia.Australias largest gun association.
I would like to wish you well this coming weekend at the inaugural "Big Game Rifle Club of the USA, shooting competion. There are a few members from Australia that would have loved to be there to compete but just couldn't make it.Next championships we will field a contingent.
I would urge any lovers and owners of fine ,big game rifles as well as general shooting enthusiasts in America and elsewhere to attend

The Club has been running in Australia for 22 years and now has clubs in 4 of the 6 states as well as the Northern Territory (Buffalo Country)

Although we shoot at paper targets on the rifle range the events have been designed to simulate hunting situations. The events/rifles have been cerefully categorized with long shots taken with precision and close in work requiring rapid firing & reloading techniques . Too many hunters have been injured because they have not been practised or familia with their big,dangerous game rifles.

Above all there is a rule that all ,that all competion and rifles are in the "Spirit of the Event" To us that have shot these events , this shows the respect we have for other competitors/hunters in which we do not wish to gain an advantage using a inappropiate (target) rifle or take an advantage that wouldn't be available to others.

I look forward to the stories,pictures and scores that come from this event and more so the next event date.I sincereally hope that a properaly constituated club with elected officers shall evolve ,then we shall be able to compete on an international level

Best wishes to our American Brothers

Andrew Hepner
BGRC

Post Extras: Print Post   Remind Me!   Notify Moderator  
NitroXAdministrator
.700 member

Reged: 25/12/02
Loc: Barossa Valley, South Australi...
Re: Big Game Rifle Club shoot in the USA [Re: NitroX]
      #19676 - 10/10/04 03:14 PM

This shoot is happening today. I hope it goes well.

Andrew

Welcome to the board and looking very forward to the BGRC's involvement at NE.com . Great to see your first post. I know I have an email from you received while I was away. Will be looking into it soon.

--------------------
John aka NitroX

Govt get out of our lives NOW!
"I love the smell of cordite in the morning."
"A Sharp spear needs no polish"

mickey
.416 member

Reged: 05/01/03
Loc: Pend Oreille Valley, Idaho
      #19679 - 10/10/04 03:41 PM

Hey Hep, welcome to the Forum. Looking forward to more posts.

--------------------
Lovu Zdar
Mick

A Man of Pleasure, Enterprise, Wit and Spirit Rare Books, Big Game Hunting, English Rifles, Fishing, Explosives, Chauvinism, Insensitivity, Public Drunkenness and Sloth, Champion of Lost and Unpopular Causes.

CopperCountry
.224 member

Reged: 11/10/04
Loc: Michigan's Copper Country
      #19703 - 11/10/04 10:28 PM

The Lodi shoot was a most enjoyable event. I had a great time, saw a lot of nice rifles I would not have had the chance to see here at home, and met a lot of nice folks. The match was well run and it was fun to watch too. Looking forward to the next one, and now have the perfect excuse, er reason, to get a new gun. :-) Thanks to the Stallmans for such a good job!

hubel458
.375 member

Reged: 13/02/04
Loc: Brinton,MI-USA
Re: Big Game Rifle Club shoot in the USA [Re: CopperCountry]
      #19710 - 12/10/04 01:42 PM

Hey friend did you get any big bore shooting. I want
to go next year.Ernie and friends worked a whole
year to do it up right.Ed.

--------------------
Ed Hubel

CopperCountry
.224 member

Reged: 11/10/04
Loc: Michigan's Copper Country
Re: Big Game Rifle Club shoot in the USA [Re: hubel458]
      #19712 - 12/10/04 10:41 PM

Ed: I entered with a .375 H&H bolt and a .470 NE double. Ernie was gracious enough to let folks try out his .577 Black Powder Express double and it was a hoot to shoot. It makes a person pause and reflect that in the old days folks had to make that second shot count on a charging animal with that big cloud of smoke in the way from the first shot!

bonanza
.400 member

Reged: 17/05/04
Loc: South Carolina
Re: Big Game Rifle Club shoot in the USA [Re: CopperCountry]
      #19745 - 14/10/04 12:09 AM

This is Blair Simpkins, just getting back to work from a very enjoyable shoot. My trophies are proudly displayed on my desk. I won the nitro 1, and was runner-up in special snap and charging animal. I was shooting my merkle .375 H&H double rifle for all events. Look foward to this again.

--------------------

"Speak Precisely" G. Gordon Liddy.

"Life is absurd, chaotic and we must define its purpose with our actions" Abert Camus

"I''m the dude playing a dude disguised as another dude."

"Yo! Mr. White"

badger
.224 member

Reged: 30/07/04
Re: Big Game Rifle Club shoot in the USA [Re: bonanza]
      #19851 - 20/10/04 09:42 AM

Fellows, You missed a fun shoot. We had a lot of fine rifles, lots of good cameraderie. We thank those people who attended - those who participated and those who came to observe.
Mother Nature could not have given us better weather conditions. Hopefully, she will again cooperate next year.
Looking at some of the other firearms that showed up and watching the other shooters use them - what a fantastic experience. Since this shoot was tailored after hunting scenarios, some of the malfunctions that occurred with feed problems to the firearms pointed out to the owners what very well could have happened under hunting conditions. A couple of us crossfired onto the wrong targets, also highlighting the need for animal or target identification. We had one real dead buffalo with 8 holes in him - you wouldn't have much need for a tracker in that case.
Watched Paul perform well with his 500 Dakota rifle in the Nitro 3 class. The group he shot at 50 yards would have made most prairie dog shooters envious. Had a great time with Mike from Upper Michigan; we teamed up to take the light caliber novelty match. Likewise, Keith Olsen and I teamed up for the heavy caliber novelty match; that turned out to be a great event and we sure look forward to doing it again.
One of the shooters shooting the snap action match commented that that was the fastest 30 seconds of his life. He only was able to get off 6 of the 8 shots, but this points out that a little practice in a hunting circumstance is all that is needed. You'll find it easier next.
Thanks to the shooters who let others and some of the workers shoot their rifles. This is what makes the match so successful - the willingness of shooters to welcome others. We have already had calls from several folks who want to rebarrel their firearms up to .375 and .416 so they can participate in those matches next time.
There were two classes where calibers as small as .243 could be shot; these also were greeted with a great amount of success. The highlight was still the big bore matches. One of the spectators was overheard saying something about the amount of noise a couple of the black powder double rifles made. I think they were astounded by the amount of smoke also obscuring the targets.
The food was great. We look forward to seeing more of you next time since you will have more time to plan. The day went by in a flash. It was just great associating with all who were there.
We want to thank the people who showed up and helped making the match run easier. One of our volunteers, Ed, shot the double .577 rifle. He got quite a kick when he accidently fanned both of the triggers and got a double recoil. That moved him back 4-5 feet on the line. He was a good sport about it, stepped right up, and completed the course.
Look forward to seeing you all next time. We will post the dates as soon as the club assigned them to us.

Thank you,
Ernie and Gerri Stallman

Pages: 1 | 2 | (show all)

Extra information
1 registered and 86 anonymous users are browsing this forum.

Moderator:  CptCurl 

Print Topic

Forum Permissions
      You cannot start new topics
      You cannot reply to topics
      HTML is disabled
      UBBCode is enabled

Rating:
Topic views: 10678

Rate this topic

Jump to

Contact Us NitroExpress.com