Home | Ezine | Forums | Links | Contact
NitroExpress.com: WESTLEY RICHARDS-drop lock

View recent messages : 24 hours | 48 hours | 7 days | 14 days | 30 days | 60 days | More Smilies

*** Enjoy NitroExpress.com? Participate and join in. ***

Double Rifles, Single Shots & Combinations >> Double Rifles

Pages: 1 | 2 | 3 | (show all)
ajsaxin
.224 member

Reged: 19/09/08
Loc: canada
Re: WESTLEY RICHARDS-drop lock [Re: ]
      #149067 - 30/12/09 01:06 AM

Quote:

Quote:

I was browsing through Peter Hofers guns,would any one have the heart to hunt with those rifles?Shotguns I understand but those 470 ne rifles in african bushes...

Btw how much do those guns cost,just the guns?

His shotguns run from $155,000.00 on up to $1,000,000.00 same goes for his double rifles and combinations guns. Bolt guns vary from $65,000.00 to sky's the limit as well. I have hunted with a bolt gun and a double rifle in 300H&H of his, some of the finest weapons I have handled.

Generalwar,

From what I’ve read in the other threads seems like you are the only one if not one the few members on this site who had the opportunity to own a Boss Dr .It would be great if you could give me your point of view on them, especially in comparison to other gun makers such as H and H ,WR or Purdey.

Thank you

Post Extras: Print Post   Remind Me!   Notify Moderator  
Anonymous
Unregistered

Re: WESTLEY RICHARDS-drop lock [Re: ajsaxin]
      #149075 - 30/12/09 05:01 AM

Yes, I had a pair of Boss DR's I sold them to Bob Lee of Hunting World a while back. Excellent guns and almost never seen as a pair.

ajsaxin
.224 member

#149111 - 30/12/09 09:05 PM

Quote:

Yes, I had a pair of Boss DR's I sold them to Bob Lee of Hunting World a while back. Excellent guns and almost never seen as a pair.

I see that among the London big 3 Boss seems to be the only one totally left out of the DR scene .Purdey you do hear and see about the occasional( and wonderful) DR every year.
In you opinion what do you think is the reason, they do not make many as not much demand for boss DRs or since they do not make many ppl assume they are not good at it. From your personal experience how do they stack up against H and H ,purdey or probably even Westley Richards ?

Thank you

Anonymous
Unregistered

Re: WESTLEY RICHARDS-drop lock [Re: ajsaxin]
      #149135 - 31/12/09 04:11 AM

Quote:

Quote:

I see that among the London big 3 Boss seems to be the only one totally left out of the DR scene .Purdey you do hear and see about the occasional( and wonderful) DR every year.
In you opinion what do you think is the reason, they do not make many as not much demand for boss DRs or since they do not make many ppl assume they are not good at it. From your personal experience how do they stack up against H and H ,purdey or probably even Westley Richards ?

Thank you

Boss like Purdey is known for there wonderful shotguns mostly, but because they are bespoke makers at least Boss was anyway, very few rifles have been made available to witness. I believe to this day Purdey has built around 400 DR's, Boss much much less. The extra finish Purdey DR's I own are among the finest DR's I have handled in every regard.. The pre war Boss's as well..

ajsaxin
.224 member

#149137 - 31/12/09 06:14 AM

Quote:

Quote:

Quote:

Thank you

Boss like Purdey is known for there wonderful shotguns mostly, but because they are bespoke makers at least Boss was anyway, very few rifles have been made available to witness. I believe to this day Purdey has built around 400 DR's, Boss much much less. The extra finish Purdey DR's I own are among the finest DR's I have handled in every regard.. The pre war Boss's as well..

I happended to see pictures of your purdey rifles ,you are a very lucky man .I also noticed you have a soft corner for purdey ,so in you opinion which gunmaker at present would rival Purdey or better them .

Pages: 1 | 2 | 3 | (show all)

Extra information
0 registered and 119 anonymous users are browsing this forum.

Moderator:  CptCurl 

Print Topic

Forum Permissions
      You cannot start new topics
      You cannot reply to topics
      HTML is disabled
      UBBCode is enabled

Rating:
Topic views: 15530

Rate this topic

Jump to

Contact Us NitroExpress.com