Home | Ezine | Forums | Links | Contact
NitroExpress.com: Jim White Gunsmithing

View recent messages : 24 hours | 48 hours | 7 days | 14 days | 30 days | 60 days | More Smilies

*** Enjoy NitroExpress.com? Participate and join in. ***

Double Rifles, Single Shots & Combinations >> Building Double Rifles & Gunsmithing

Pages: 1
WCF
.275 member

Reged: 06/05/06
Loc: georgia
Jim White Gunsmithing
      #99794 - 21/03/08 02:03 AM

I don't often get to post here since my chosen profession keeps me moving all the time, and when at home in the deep woods of Georgia my dial up internet service fustrates my patience to no end. Anyway, I have finished a couple of projects that so far are successful. My newest project is a Remington Model 1894 12 Ga. that someone cut the barrels off to 25 inches with a kitchen knife. The barrels have a beutiful damascus pattern and aged patina finish. I would like to simply line the barrels to keep the damascus pattern, caliber 45-70 or possibly 50-90. I have been in communication with a gentlemen by the name of Jim White at gunsmith@jwhitegunsmith.com (obtained from this site). Has anyone had any experience with Jim? His video on Youtube of his work and on his website indicate that his is very competent. Just curious if anyone else has used him for any projects. Thanks to all.

Post Extras: Print Post   Remind Me!   Notify Moderator  
Judson
.300 member

Reged: 21/09/05
Loc: St. Albans Maine U.S.A.
Re: Jim White Gunsmithing [Re: WCF]
      #102166 - 11/04/08 08:12 AM

The gun you are thinking of using for your conversion is rather weak for a double rifle and will in all probability shoot loose or maby not even pass a re-proof which must be done for your safety. What you want is a gun with double underlugs with double bites and some sort of third fastner. From the proof marks on a gun and with bit of math you can determine if the cartridge you are thinking of using falls within the safe pressure range of the action. Ellis Brown's book will help you out here. If you want some pointers give me a call or contact me through my web site which is customguns.us. However I would not recomend building a double rifle based on that gun!!! One other thing sleeving barrels is sort of a half assed way to do things and makes for a very heavy and unhandy rifle.

--------------------
It is the small calibers that are the biggest bores.

Edited by Judson (11/04/08 08:34 AM)

mehulkamdar
.416 member

Reged: 09/01/04
Loc: State of Ill-Annoy USA.
Re: Jim White Gunsmithing [Re: WCF]
      #104575 - 09/05/08 02:20 AM

I sent him a PM on Youtube telling him about this forum and inviting him here but he did not come or even bother to reply. If he does come here, he would be welcome as all other gunsmiths who participate here are.

--------------------
The Ark was made by amateurs. Experts built the Titanic.

Mehul Kamdar

450_366
.400 member

Reged: 17/01/07
Loc: Sweden, west-coast.
Re: Jim White Gunsmithing [Re: mehulkamdar]
      #105761 - 21/05/08 05:26 PM

http://photobucket.com/image/double%20rifle/jwhitegunsmith/Custom%20Work/PIC_0057.jpg?o=12

--------------------
Andreas

"Yeas it kicks like a mule he said, but always remember that its much worse standing on the other end"

Pages: 1

Extra information
0 registered and 19 anonymous users are browsing this forum.

Moderator:  CptCurl 

Print Topic

Forum Permissions
      You cannot start new topics
      You cannot reply to topics
      HTML is disabled
      UBBCode is enabled

Rating:
Topic views: 571

Rate this topic

Jump to

Contact Us NitroExpress.com