Home | Ezine | Forums | Links | Contact
NitroExpress.com: WTB 9.3x64 reloading dies and/or cases

View recent messages : 24 hours | 48 hours | 7 days | 14 days | 30 days | 60 days | More Smilies

*** Enjoy NitroExpress.com? Participate and join in. ***

Shopping.NitroExpress.com >> Classifieds & Collecting

Pages: 1
BwanaBob
.300 member

Reged: 03/07/03
Loc: Gold Coast, QLD, Australia
WTB 9.3x64 reloading dies and/or cases
      #300558 - 20/05/17 01:15 PM

Looking for any 9.3x64 reloading dies, components and cases.

Have finally decided to build my ultimate medium game rifle and the 9.3x64 fits my needs the best - now just trying to collect the bits and pieces I need to make this a reality.

--------------------
"White men with their ridiculous civilization lie far from me. No longer need I be a slave to money" (W.D.M Bell)

Post Extras: Print Post   Remind Me!   Notify Moderator  
gryphon
.450 member

Reged: 01/01/03
Loc: Sambar ground/Victoria/Austral...
Re: WTB 9.3x64 reloading dies and/or cases [Re: BwanaBob]
      #300559 - 20/05/17 03:33 PM

I am very interested in your build,care to share an outline BB?
Action choice is most important to me as I have read so many ifs and buts and do nots etc.

I have the dies already as a chum in the UK sent them down.

--------------------
Get off the chair away from the desk and get out in the bush and enjoy life.

93x64mm
.416 member

Reged: 07/12/11
Loc: Nth QLD Australia
      #300561 - 20/05/17 03:53 PM

BB,
you won't regret going to this calibre - even Jack Lott said it surpassed the .375.
Try Rebel gun works in QLD. https://www.rebelgunworks.com.au/
They have the RWS brass that you will need, yes it may be expensive but it's worth every penny.
Lost track of the number of reloads I have done with mine; just anneal the necks every so often & off you go again.
As a note I have rarely trimmed cases & check for length, internal & external defects after each firing.
I think it was Peter Davenport (gunsmith in Vic) who made by reloading dies some 30years ago, he'd be well & truly retired by now!
I had to send him 2 fired cases so he made his (custom)dies to my chamber, or rather just undersize so that my brass is hardly 'worked' on firing.
Let us know how you go, there will be far more than just me looking at how this project of yours will go.
Kind regards
93x64mm

BwanaBob
.300 member

Re: WTB 9.3x64 reloading dies and/or cases [Re: gryphon]
      #300566 - 20/05/17 04:45 PM

Gryphon, I am going to build my 9.3x64 on a BRNO ZKK600 action. I have chosen this action because, firstly, I just love BRNOs and secondly the action I have is one of the older ZKKs with the pop-up aperture. The ZKK600 is a .30/06 length action and so should accommodate the 9.3x64 with just a few minor alterations. I also like the double square bridge design of these actions and the fact that you can use Warne QD rings at a fraction of the cost of European QD rings. Also, the ZKK series have a magazine box which is separate to the trigger guard and so a new box, slightly larger than the original one, can easily be made without having to re-engineer the entire trigger guard/magazine box assembly. I particularly want to use the pop-up aperture action because I am slightly short-sighted and so have a hard time with regular open sights but aperture sights work well for me. So, I will have access to four (4) different sighting systems - aperture, open, scope sight and red-dot sight - which will cover all and any situation. Also, I will be fitting a Ed Lapour three-positional (Win 70 style) safety and bolt shroud.

I already have a 7x57 which will be the companion to the 9.3x64 which has all of these features and is, in my opinion, the perfect light rifle.

Now I just have to find a ZKK602, with pop-up aperture, to be able to build the perfect heavy rifle to make a trio of perfect (IMHO) hunting rifles!

Edited by BwanaBob (20/05/17 04:55 PM)

BwanaBob
.300 member

Re: WTB 9.3x64 reloading dies and/or cases [Re: 93x64mm]
      #300567 - 20/05/17 04:47 PM

93x64, thank you for the information and the encouragement. I will give Rebel a try but I also know that Safari Firearms, in Sydney, also have about six boxes of RWS factory ammo. I am planning on cleaning them out when I get down there next.

--------------------
"White men with their ridiculous civilization lie far from me. No longer need I be a slave to money" (W.D.M Bell)

Edited by BwanaBob (20/05/17 04:49 PM)

93x64mm
.416 member

Reged: 07/12/11
Loc: Nth QLD Australia
      #300605 - 21/05/17 09:16 AM

BB,
sadly I sold a ZKK600 (with peep), should have kept it; but a good mate really wanted it!
She was slick too!
They certainly are a great rifle so you will have a fantastic action to run with.
Try this Red Dot arrangement - I have one on my CZ550 - works a treat!
http://americanhuntingrifles.com/?page_id=72

Cheers
93x64mm

gryphon
.450 member

Reged: 01/01/03
Loc: Sambar ground/Victoria/Austral...
      #300611 - 21/05/17 11:12 AM

Quote:

Gryphon, I am going to build my 9.3x64 on a BRNO ZKK600 action. I have chosen this action because, firstly, I just love BRNOs and secondly the action I have is one of the older ZKKs with the pop-up aperture. The ZKK600 is a .30/06 length action and so should accommodate the 9.3x64 with just a few minor alterations. I also like the double square bridge design of these actions and the fact that you can use Warne QD rings at a fraction of the cost of European QD rings. Also, the ZKK series have a magazine box which is separate to the trigger guard and so a new box, slightly larger than the original one, can easily be made without having to re-engineer the entire trigger guard/magazine box assembly. I particularly want to use the pop-up aperture action because I am slightly short-sighted and so have a hard time with regular open sights but aperture sights work well for me. So, I will have access to four (4) different sighting systems - aperture, open, scope sight and red-dot sight - which will cover all and any situation. Also, I will be fitting a Ed Lapour three-positional (Win 70 style) safety and bolt shroud.

I already have a 7x57 which will be the companion to the 9.3x64 which has all of these features and is, in my opinion, the perfect light rifle.

Now I just have to find a ZKK602, with pop-up aperture, to be able to build the perfect heavy rifle to make a trio of perfect (IMHO) hunting rifles!

Thanks for the detail BB,mine will happen just how and when is the question. I missed a ripper custom `64 about 3 months ago that was sold for 1/2 the price of a build.

--------------------
Get off the chair away from the desk and get out in the bush and enjoy life.

fsrmg1
.300 member

Reged: 25/07/03
Loc: Western Australia
      #300612 - 21/05/17 11:39 AM

Hi BwanaBob,

Have a set and just sent you a private message.

--------------------
Cheers,

Rich

BwanaBob
.300 member

Re: WTB 9.3x64 reloading dies and/or cases [Re: 93x64mm]
      #300617 - 21/05/17 01:05 PM

Thanks for the info and I already have one of the AHR red dot mounts. AHR have some very pretty CZ/BRNOs on their website, too.

--------------------

Pages: 1

Extra information
0 registered and 5 anonymous users are browsing this forum.

Moderator:  NitroX 

Print Topic

Forum Permissions
      You cannot start new topics
      You cannot reply to topics
      HTML is disabled
      UBBCode is enabled

Rating:
Topic views: 1484

Rate this topic

Jump to

Contact Us NitroExpress.com