Home | Ezine | Forums | Links | Contact
NitroExpress.com: Brno Vrs Waffenwerke Brunn - Classic Sporters

View recent messages : 24 hours | 48 hours | 7 days | 14 days | 30 days | 60 days | More Smilies

*** Enjoy NitroExpress.com? Participate and join in. ***

Double Rifles, Single Shots & Combinations >> 'Classic' Firearms Photos & Archive

Pages: 1 | 2 | (show all)
themauserkid
.275 member

Reged: 21/06/15
Loc: Texas
Re: Brno Vrs Waffenwerke Brunn - Classic Sporters [Re: justcurious]
      #343511 - 23/07/20 01:49 AM

Correct, that is a late 1944 action and the Czechs never produced the stamped trigger guards during the war, that is a subcontracted piece used in their production. The “winter trigger guards” are actually a different profile than that one, this one simply has damage altering the shape. The so called winter guards were designed by the Germans but never produced beyond prototypes during the war. After the war and the subsequent complete usage of left over wartime parts they began production of this simplified winter guard for their rifles.

Beautiful rifles by the way, I have yet to find a wartime one! The reason for the initial postwar lack of the guide rib is undoubtedly a utilization of 1945 production bolts in which the guide rib was omitted from the bolt as a production simplification.

Post Extras: Print Post   Remind Me!   Notify Moderator  
TexasJohn
.300 member

Reged: 06/04/10
Loc: Texas
Re: Brno Vrs Waffenwerke Brunn - Classic Sporters [Re: themauserkid]
      #343613 - 25/07/20 09:41 AM

Ahh, now that makes sense about the lack of the guide rib on the bolt. Not being that well versed on the military Mauser production, I was unaware of this late war change. Now I understand what happened and why it was omitted in the post-war guns and then added again in the '49 production.

Thanks for this bit of information.

--------------------
John

"In the Texas Oilfield, everything that does not kill me today, gets another chance tomorrow."

lancaster
.470 member

Reged: 06/05/08
Loc: There's a lighthouse in the mi...
Re: Brno Vrs Waffenwerke Brunn - Classic Sporters [Re: TexasJohn]
      #343647 - 26/07/20 02:41 AM

the stamped magazine/trigger guard looks allways a little bit crude but funktion none the less fine. I had such a thing when working on a short "Nachsuchenbüchse" a short handy rifle for follow wounded game and was surprised how good it was in the end.
http://forums.nitroexpress.com/showflat.php?Cat=0&Number=312428&an=0&page=5#Post312428

--------------------
Norwegian hunter misses moose, shoots man on toilet
bringing civilisation to the barbarians

Pages: 1 | 2 | (show all)

Extra information
0 registered and 27 anonymous users are browsing this forum.

Moderator:  CptCurl 

Print Topic

Forum Permissions
      You cannot start new topics
      You cannot reply to topics
      HTML is disabled
      UBBCode is enabled

Rating:
Topic views: 12163

Rate this topic

Jump to

Contact Us NitroExpress.com