Home | Ezine | Forums | Links | Contact
NitroExpress.com: C-Z classic safari rifles?

View recent messages : 24 hours | 48 hours | 7 days | 14 days | 30 days | 60 days | More Smilies

*** Enjoy NitroExpress.com? Participate and join in. ***

Shooting & Reloading - Mausers, Big Bores and others >> Big Bore Rifles

Pages: 1
msorenso
.224 member

Reged: 02/02/05
Loc: SOUTH DAKOTA, USA
C-Z classic safari rifles?
      #33210 - 16/06/05 10:47 PM

Has anyone purchased a classic safari from C-Z in 505 Gibbs, 450 Rigby or 404 Jeffery? They look very nice in the book. I noticed they are msrp for around $1700- $1800 ? Wondering what you paid for it? How you like it? Anything you would like to tell me that would be great. Thanks

--------------------
LIVE FREE OR DIE

Post Extras: Print Post   Remind Me!   Notify Moderator  
Plains99
.300 member

Reged: 10/11/04
Loc: Dodge City, Kansas, USA
Re: C-Z classic safari rifles? [Re: msorenso]
      #33223 - 17/06/05 12:47 AM

When I received my press notification of these new models, I got the impression that these rifles were to be manufactured on a custom order basis although I'm sure a dealer could order one. So, I doubt that there are many if any in the field yet.

PaulSumner
.224 member

Reged: 17/06/05
Loc: Central Oregon
      #33282 - 17/06/05 03:41 PM

I have classics in .375 and .458 Lott. The 458 Lott started life as a 458 Win. and I had it modified to .458 Lott. Both are remarkable rifles. The controlled feed of the classic mauser design, the adjustable trigger, large magazine, smooth action, accuracy and overall sturdiness all combine to make the CZ's very fine values. I bought my CZ's from a vendor on gunbroker.com . The prices were under $700 as I recall. Google it and you might find others. I don't remember seeing the calibers which are the subject of your inquiry.

msorenso
.224 member

Reged: 02/02/05
Loc: SOUTH DAKOTA, USA
Re: C-Z classic safari rifles? [Re: PaulSumner]
      #33300 - 17/06/05 11:12 PM

Hi Paul ,
Thank you for your reply. I think you are getting either the 550 safari or american safari line mixed up with the classic models. It you go to the web site czusa.com you will see what I mean. I am also interested in the ones that you are talking about as well. I noticed they have a field grade and fancy grade walnut. IS IT WORTH TO SPEND AND EXTRA 400- 500 FOR THE FANCY WALNUT??? THANBKS!

--------------------
LIVE FREE OR DIE

Plains99
.300 member

Reged: 10/11/04
Loc: Dodge City, Kansas, USA
      #33303 - 18/06/05 12:00 AM

I'm just talking off the top of my hat but I would think that they are worth it if you want one in that choice of calibers. However, from what I've read from others on this site, I'd speculate that you need to consider a stock glass bedding job as it is not mentioned in any of the company material.... and you may want to have the feeding and trigger tuned by a professional because of the type of game you'll be hunting. Still, from my experience with my 550 I'd still believe it is a good starting place at a generally reasonable price.

Pages: 1

Extra information
0 registered and 53 anonymous users are browsing this forum.

Moderator:   

Print Topic

Forum Permissions
      You cannot start new topics
      You cannot reply to topics
      HTML is disabled
      UBBCode is enabled

Rating:
Topic views: 1996

Rate this topic

Jump to

Contact Us NitroExpress.com