Home | Ezine | Forums | Links | Contact
NitroExpress.com: Blaser R93 in 416 Remington Rapid Fire

View recent messages : 24 hours | 48 hours | 7 days | 14 days | 30 days | 60 days | More Smilies

*** Enjoy NitroExpress.com? Participate and join in. ***

Shooting & Reloading - Mausers, Big Bores and others >> Big Bore Rifles

Pages: 1 | 2 | (show all)
Rule303
.416 member

Reged: 05/07/09
Loc: Woodford Qld
Re: Blaser R93 in 416 Remington Rapid Fire [Re: Waidmannsheil]
      #311958 - 08/02/18 10:03 PM

Quote:

Sure you can hit things out to 500 meters but I am talking about killing game animals ethically. Accurate heart/lung shots on a Fallow deer for instance is quite difficult with 1 to 1 magnification at 150 to 200 yards, as it is with open sights. Classic rifles often had sights to 500 or even 1000 yards but that doesn't mean that you could accurately hit the vitals of an animal. The stories of hunters in those days is also filled with tales of animals needing many shots to be killed and follow-ups lasting many hours tracking wounded game that were gut shot etc. If they were so good at 200 yards than no one would bother buying a scope with magnification which costs more and is heavier. I hunt a lot with an Aimpoint for deer and find them fantastic but I limit my shots to 150 yards or there abouts. If you feel comfortable that you can take longer shots accurately than by all means go ahead. I must say that I prefer to stalk in as close as possible rather than long shots anyway, but that's just me.

Waidmannsheil.

Hitting the 500mt rams in the chest seems to me it would get the job done. Have seen a few old timers knocking beer cans with the SMLE and open sights at 200yard. Had a peep sight on my M94 in 30-30 dropped a few pigs around the 200 mt mark, none wounded. Now that was in my younger days with excellent eye sight and putting several thousand rounds a year down range or out hunting.

So what I am saying is, if you are capable, then so is the sight. Am I capable now, No. Just do not do enough shooting to be that proficient.

Post Extras: Print Post   Remind Me!   Notify Moderator  
Ripp
.577 member

Reged: 19/02/07
Loc: Montana, USA
Re: Blaser R93 in 416 Remington Rapid Fire [Re: NitroX]
      #311975 - 09/02/18 01:16 AM

Quote:

Interesting video. Has made me think. Thanks for posting.

Good to see a .416 being used for the special snap. I have always used by .375 H&H. A lot of times it seems most guys go for the lightest calibre they can, which I believe the minimum is the .330 calibre and up. (?)

Red dot sights are point penalised though aren't they?

Good quick shooting with it.

A 2 MOA sight might be an answer for a problem I still have solved. For my Tikka 7x65R/12 gauge. Last time I talked about it on NE, I had a look at Trijicon, Docter etc and all the sights seemed to have excessive large MOA dots, such as 7 MOA etc. Waste of time for me.

Also I need a red dot sight which does not "star burst" for my eyes, and is a solid red circle or triangle.

Just an FYI, I put a Trijicon on one of my DD AR's... the MRO model which has a 2moa dot..really like it and have used it quite a bit for training in close quarters as well as targets to 200 yards so far..works very well...One of the LEO's that I train with has been having his best runs as to accuracy and time during his training sessions with the same model on his service AR issued by the local Sheriff's office...

http://www.trijicon.com/na_en/products/product1.php?id=MRO

Ripp

--------------------
ALL MEN DIE, BUT FEW MEN TRULY LIVE..

Post Extras: Print Post   Remind Me!   Notify Moderator  
Pages: 1 | 2 | (show all)

Extra information
0 registered and 83 anonymous users are browsing this forum.

Moderator:   

Print Topic

Forum Permissions
      You cannot start new topics
      You cannot reply to topics
      HTML is disabled
      UBBCode is enabled

Rating:
Topic views: 6816

Rate this topic

Jump to

Contact Us NitroExpress.com