Home | Ezine | Forums | Links | Contact
NitroExpress.com: Recommend a PH

View recent messages : 24 hours | 48 hours | 7 days | 14 days | 30 days | 60 days | More Smilies

*** Enjoy NitroExpress.com? Participate and join in. ***

Hunting >> Hunting in Africa & hunting dangerous game

Pages: 1 | 2 | (show all)
escard
.300 member

Reged: 24/01/07
Loc: austria-europe
Re: Recommend a PH [Re: NE450No2]
      #96306 - 08/02/08 07:00 PM

....you should look for "Ray Townshend " from Chapungu-Safaris.......

Post Extras: Print Post   Remind Me!   Notify Moderator  
bigmaxx
.375 member

Reged: 13/06/07
Loc: Bowling Green KY U.S.A.
      #114636 - 17/09/08 01:14 PM

I hunted with Professional Hunter Gary Fraser of Roger Whittall Safaris. He is a great guy and tough as a nail. He guided me through a Zambezi hippo hunt taking a big bull on dry land. Very exciting hunt. He also put me onto a grand old daggaboy. We hunted Sapi from a tented bush camp not far from the Chewore River bridge. Gary has a great personality and extensive knowledge of the flora and fauna of Zimbabwe, as well as the geography. I learned a great deal during the time we spent together. I highly recommend him as a dangerous game PH. -Max Weaver

--------------------
One day at a time...

Ripp
.577 member

Reged: 19/02/07
Loc: Montana, USA
Re: Recommend a PH [Re: bigmaxx]
      #114666 - 17/09/08 10:44 PM

I would recommend Ian Gibson of Chifuti Safari's---great guy, walks a ton-- which is great ..easy to talk to..seems to have a genuine interest in you ...and an excellent hunter...not much more needed after that....

Ripp

--------------------
ALL MEN DIE, BUT FEW MEN TRULY LIVE..

Indy
.224 member

Reged: 23/04/04
Re: Recommend a PH [Re: Safaris]
      #115097 - 22/09/08 10:21 AM

Russ Broom Safaris (Zimbabwe), Rory Muil as PH.

Just returned from 14 days. Took 40#/side bull elephant, buff something over 40 inches, a bull hippo, and a 13.5 foot crocodile. They work their butts off for you. Staff, accomodations, and trackers are first class.

RobofAHI
.224 member

Reged: 05/05/07
Loc: Australia
      #118407 - 06/11/08 02:59 PM

I'd hunt again any day with Andy Hunter of Chipitani Safaris Zimbabwe, fit, hard working & professional.
Cheers,
Rob

TerryR
.224 member

Reged: 13/07/04
Loc: Greensburg, Pa.
Re: Recommend a PH [Re: RobofAHI]
      #124213 - 16/01/09 08:11 AM

in 1998, 2001 and 2005 I hunted with Glen Munger. Glen worked for Mark Kyriacou (biggameandbirdsafaris.com)in Botswana. Glen is an excellent guide and I highly recommend him. Glen no longer guides for Mark, he concentrates on his own ranch near Francistown, Bot. he can be reached at: munger@botsnet.bw

in 2008 I returned to Botswana and again hunted buffalo and plains game with Mark. This time my PHs were George Kyriacou, Mark's son and Lee Potter. Both did an excellent job for me and I have no doubt that they would do just as well for you.

bigmaxx
.375 member

Reged: 13/06/07
Loc: Bowling Green KY U.S.A.
      #134884 - 09/05/09 06:32 AM

I would not hesitate to return to Roger Whittall Safaris in Zimbabwe and hunt with Gary Fraser, Magara, or Lyman. They were all very fine indeed. I hope to hunt elephant with them soon. All the PHs at Roger Whittall's are fine hunters.

--------------------
One day at a time...

controlled_feed
.300 member

Reged: 23/05/08
Loc: NSW, Australia
Re: Recommend a PH [Re: bigmaxx]
      #141703 - 07/09/09 11:49 PM

Second for Lyman at RWS and Barry Poultney.

Very high marks to Collen Van Der Linden, great fellow, great hunter. Works his arse off for you.

Nyati404
.224 member

Reged: 17/08/10
Loc: UAE
Re: Recommend a PH [Re: 500grains]
      #170828 - 02/11/10 03:39 PM

Simon & Kate Roger have developed Safari de Mozambique one the Southern shore of lake Cahorra Bassa. The area can best be described as the 'dogs head' that forms the borders of Mozambique, Zimbabwe and Zambia to the north. The concession is 1 million acres. PH Rob Oliver, who some consider to be one of the best young PH's in Africa today, operates here in conjunction with Simon and Kate. Rob has considerable dangerous came experience and is the only PH I have ever seen that is perhaps a better tracker than the locals! His passion and life is dangerous game hunting. Once Rob knows what you want, expect to be driven to your limits and then some, long days and long miles. 16 hr days, 20-30 km/day on foot are the norm. You will work hard on this one. If you expect easy days on the back of the truck and game from the road then this is not for you. Particularly if you are hunting Elephant and or Buffalo. Rob will never lead or take you to immature animals and will work until you do it the right way. The folks out in Zimbabwe share a similar sense of humor as us Kiwi's. Enjoyed Robs company. Having previously stated I see no reason to hunt in the same place twice as Africa is a big place, I have to eat my words. Im very keen to get back and track Elephant on foot with Rob again. At the end of the day you will work hard, play hard, get blisters on your fee, learn a bit and come away proud with a better than average trophy.

FATBOY404
.400 member

Reged: 14/11/09
Loc: QLD
      #170840 - 02/11/10 08:55 PM

As Ozhunter said Bill Rowe is good.
Sango Safaries with Craig is very good.

--------------------
"WHATEVER BLOWS YOUR HAIR BACK"

Cazadero
.375 member

Reged: 17/10/11
Loc: Texas
      #192005 - 17/10/11 12:46 PM

I'm new to these forums, but I've hunted Africa four times, and I'm going back in June of 2012 to Zimbabwe with Richard Cooke. My wife and I hunted with him in 2008 in Chete, and had (easily) the best experience of all our trips to Africa.

Richard works independently but I think he also has a close relationship with HHK.

I met Richard in Dallas and I had told him that all I wanted to hunt was a really old buffalo, and when the time came we hunted hard for one which we got on the sixth day, taking him out of a group of four. Unlike some of my other experiences, there was never any pressure or even suggestion to add to my bag. We spent the remaining days fishing and shooting bait for the incoming leopard hunter.

The scenery, hunting, fishing, accommodation, food, wine, beer, staff, and friendship were all superb. The dinner on Chete's sandy beach (on the occasion of our 10th anniversary) was also a nice touch.

if anyone is interested, send me a message and I'll be happy to tell you more.

Frostbit
.224 member

Reged: 16/11/11
Loc: Alaska
Re: Recommend a PH [Re: Cazadero]
      #194647 - 23/11/11 06:06 PM

Johnny du Plooy of Muchinga Adventures in the Luangwa Valley of Zambia. Had a great 7 day Buff hunt with him in September 2010 and bagged out with Buffalo, Croc, Hyena, Puku, Impala, Bushbuck, and Cookson's Wildebeest in three days. For the final four days he took my wife on stalks to give her the feel of hunting without the kill and may well have planted the hunting seed by doing so. Top notch outfit, beginning to end.

HogPilot
.300 member

Reged: 26/05/09
Loc: Texas
Re: Recommend a PH [Re: Frostbit]
      #194729 - 24/11/11 03:22 PM

Rich Tabor of Charlton McCallum Safaris. Great cat man. Worked his ass off for me on two safaris. He actually worked my ass off trying to keep up with him as well. Very physical hunter and knows his areas well. Rich really likes hunting Elephant!

Just to give you an example of his dedication to get you your trophy, on my recent Leopard / Ele hunt in June of 2011, I shot my cat on the 13th morning. Rich was still hanging new baits at noon on the 12 day trying to get a big Tom feeding.

rscott
.333 member

Reged: 21/03/08
Loc: wyo., USA
Re: Recommend a PH [Re: HogPilot]
      #206764 - 08/04/12 01:05 PM

shameless plug for an old friend in zimbabwe who's just launched a new website.
www.sangosafaris.com

Claydog
.375 member

Reged: 17/08/12
Loc: Katherine, Northern Territory ...
Re: Recommend a PH [Re: 458Win]
      #215654 - 27/08/12 01:09 PM

Phil
I see you have hunted with Doug Kok. Pato and I are looking to book with him for cape buffalo in November. Any thoughts would be appreciated.

ozhunter
.400 member

Reged: 18/08/04
Loc: Sydney, Australia
Re: Recommend a PH [Re: Claydog]
      #216012 - 03/09/12 08:17 PM

I have just had the good fortune to spend some good hunting time in Mozambique with three more great Zimbabwean PH's.
I would not hesitate to recommend these guys.
In no order as Follows;

Paul Wellock

Matt Hully-Miller

Ryan Cliffe.

Paul with one of his Trackers;

Ardent
.275 member

Reged: 19/11/12
Loc: Northern British Columbia, Can...
Re: Recommend a PH [Re: ozhunter]
      #220513 - 29/11/12 11:47 AM

A huge nod to Jon Collett of Touch Africa Safaris in Zimbabwe, took Cape Buffalo bull, Bridled Gnu / Wildebeest, and numerous Impala. Some of the most beautiful landscape in the world as well. Best part was Jon and his efforts however, goes above and beyond and just a great guy.

Also a nod to Louis Van Bergen of Spiral Horn, Limpopo RSA, took Gnu, Warthog, Zebra, Impala. Solid hard working PH and just a plain good guy running a solid operation that produces unbelievable Kudu.

--------------------
www.morrisonarms.com

12tar
.224 member

Reged: 07/01/14
Loc: sidney bc
For Namibia i had 2 excellent PHs [Re: NE450No2]
      #256764 - 15/11/14 06:23 AM

I recommend Eric Muller, PH and owner of Leopard Lodge, in Okanjange, conveniently located just north of Windhoek. His lodge is luxurious, with excellent hunting in varied topography. Sara the cook is a chef. Nothing is too much, and prices are relatively reasonable ($3500 for 10 days, plus fees)Eric has a website under leopard lodge

As well, I had Heiko Doll PH, Very personable, and obliging. He can be reached at heikodoll@iway.na
My hunt with heiko was on a private farm, as a guest, so the situation was not commercial

All hunting was for plains game, and I took kudu, oryx, blue wildebeest, warthog and a lowly jackal.

It was my first trip to Africa, and I learned a lot:
-take good binoculars with a range finder (my shots were all over 300 yards)
-if flying from north america, take a rest mid-way, such as London or frankfurt (I traveled for 30 hrs non-stop)
-buy your souvenirs in markets in south Africa; twice as expensive in namibia
-Namibia is much safer than south africa.less racial tension
-I went in July-August, the country is dry but the temperatures are moderate

I would be pleased to answer any questions (email dt5745@telus.net)

don

Jamo
.224 member

Reged: 16/06/14
Loc: Nsw, Australia
South Africa [Re: 12tar]
      #259689 - 30/01/15 08:34 PM

I would like to recommend bobby Hansen safaries my daughter and I had a great hunt with bobby I shot an excellent lion a fantastic and exciting foot hunt we managed to take a 39 inch gemsbok a few wart hogs one that went over 14 1/2 inches my daughter shot a black and a blue wilder beast great food and bobbies tracker George could track an ant on corrugated iron

Pages: 1 | 2 | (show all)

Extra information
1 registered and 28 anonymous users are browsing this forum.

Moderator:   

Print Topic

Forum Permissions
      You cannot start new topics
      You cannot reply to topics
      HTML is disabled
      UBBCode is enabled

Rating:
Topic views: 45521

Rate this topic

Jump to

Contact Us NitroExpress.com