Home | Ezine | Forums | Links | Contact
NitroExpress.com: Wounded lion charge on PH and trackers

View recent messages : 24 hours | 48 hours | 7 days | 14 days | 30 days | 60 days | More Smilies

*** Enjoy NitroExpress.com? Participate and join in. ***

Hunting >> Hunting in Africa & hunting dangerous game

Pages: 1
Ripp
.577 member

Reged: 19/02/07
Loc: Montana, USA
Wounded lion charge on PH and trackers
      #319177 - 19/08/18 11:54 AM

This was posted on here years ago..looked it up again, what an amazing hunt and shot..WOW

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tEIGqD80N6U

--------------------
ALL MEN DIE, BUT FEW MEN TRULY LIVE..

Post Extras: Print Post   Remind Me!   Notify Moderator  
eagle27
.400 member

Reged: 24/01/09
Loc: Nelson, New Zealand
Re: Wounded lion charge on PH and trackers [Re: Ripp]
      #319185 - 19/08/18 04:58 PM

Doesn't come up for me but if it is the Ronnie Kraus? video with lion slobber on one knee I have that one downloaded. Shows how the old timers advocated taking charging cats, crouch down at their level, wait until it is so close you can't miss then take it in the open mouth. Pondoro Taylor reckoned their was no real danger if this shot was taken with a heavy caliber rifle, it was so easy, for the likes of him anyway

I have a couple of other good videos of another lion charge and a wounded leopard charge, both showing how not to do it, standing upright and trying to lead a cat incoming at 30 miles an hour. The leopard managed to sink its four fangs into the chest of one of the PH's after several guns had missed the incoming cat and break his wrist as well. He was screaming and trying to kick the leopard off which was finally shot off him by an extremely dangerous shot from one of the trackers standing a few meters back. The PH was so lucky he didn't get a bullet. Again the old timers wrote of such events which happened occasionally where they usually came right up to the animal doing the chewing or goring and basically put the muzzle to the animal then pulled the trigger.

Ripp
.577 member

Reged: 19/02/07
Loc: Montana, USA
Re: Wounded lion charge on PH and trackers [Re: eagle27]
      #319190 - 19/08/18 07:19 PM

Quote:

Doesn't come up for me but if it is the Ronnie Kraus? video with lion slobber on one knee I have that one downloaded. Shows how the old timers advocated taking charging cats, crouch down at their level, wait until it is so close you can't miss then take it in the open mouth. Pondoro Taylor reckoned their was no real danger if this shot was taken with a heavy caliber rifle, it was so easy, for the likes of him anyway

I have a couple of other good videos of another lion charge and a wounded leopard charge, both showing how not to do it, standing upright and trying to lead a cat incoming at 30 miles an hour. The leopard managed to sink its four fangs into the chest of one of the PH's after several guns had missed the incoming cat and break his wrist as well. He was screaming and trying to kick the leopard off which was finally shot off him by an extremely dangerous shot from one of the trackers standing a few meters back. The PH was so lucky he didn't get a bullet. Again the old timers wrote of such events which happened occasionally where they usually came right up to the animal doing the chewing or goring and basically put the muzzle to the animal then pulled the trigger.

It is that video..great shot..I just checked..it pops right up for me..
Thanks
Ripp

--------------------
ALL MEN DIE, BUT FEW MEN TRULY LIVE..

Pages: 1

Extra information
0 registered and 25 anonymous users are browsing this forum.

Moderator:   

Print Topic

Forum Permissions
      You cannot start new topics
      You cannot reply to topics
      HTML is disabled
      UBBCode is enabled

Rating:
Topic views: 1444

Rate this topic

Jump to

Contact Us NitroExpress.com