Home | Ezine | Forums | Links | Contact
NitroExpress.com: Chas. A Heyer & Co, Nairobi

View recent messages : 24 hours | 48 hours | 7 days | 14 days | 30 days | 60 days | More Smilies

*** Enjoy NitroExpress.com? Participate and join in. ***

Hunting >> Hunting in Africa & hunting dangerous game

Pages: 1 | 2 | (show all)
Clark
.275 member

Reged: 25/11/08
Loc: Sweden
Re: Chas. A Heyer & Co, Nairobi [Re: Louis]
      #331846 - 03/09/19 06:52 PM

Yes, I agree with you. It doesn't look like an original factory mount, it's also quite clumsily attached on the receiver ring instead of on the barrel. So they had to insert extensions on the front and rear sights so that they could be visible over the front mount.

Nice rifle Louis!

Post Extras: Print Post   Remind Me!   Notify Moderator  
Rule303
.416 member

Reged: 05/07/09
Loc: Woodford Qld
Re: Chas. A Heyer & Co, Nairobi [Re: Clark]
      #331848 - 03/09/19 07:11 PM

Some interesting history and information in this thread.

xausa
.400 member

Reged: 07/03/07
Loc: Tennessee, USA
Re: Chas. A Heyer & Co, Nairobi [Re: Rule303]
      #331850 - 03/09/19 07:51 PM

Back in the '70's I did a lot of business with a company called "Kenya Bunduki" in Nairobi and its manager Lynn Bull. I know Lynn immigrated to the US, but I have no idea what became of the business nor what its antecedents might have been. Can anyone enlighten me on this?

lancaster
.470 member

Reged: 06/05/08
Loc: There's a lighthouse in the mi...
Re: Chas. A Heyer & Co, Nairobi [Re: xausa]
      #331861 - 04/09/19 04:03 AM

A Walther Mod. 9 in 6,35 Browning
https://www.legacy-collectibles.com/rare-walther-model-9-nairobi-marked.html

original Mauser 9,3x62, SN 104656

http://www.jagd-waffe.com/product/mauser-bolt-action-heyer-nairobi-cal-93-x-62/#jp-carousel-2352

MAUSER 404 JEFFERY TYPE A- COMMERCIAL SINGLE SQUARE BRIDGE MAGNUM ACTION- 1930- RARE STUFF- BEST GRADE TYPE A- EXC. BORE- ORIG. GUN
https://www.gunsinternational.com/guns-f...un_id=100794739
Description:
#107359, Mauser-Werke A.-G. Oberndorf A/N.: A Commercial Mauser Sporter Type A in 404 Jeffery Made in 1930 with their #19 Magnum Mauser Single Square Bridge Action and marked in silver inlays on the barrel "Specially made for Chas. A. Heyer & Co., Nairobi", A 24” barrel, Barrel band front ramp, Barrel band sling eye, 5 leaf Type A Express Sights with 1 standing & 4 folding, Original sight protector, Correct pear shaped bolt handle, Un-cut and matted Single Square Bridge, Matted receiver ring, Straddle hinged floorplate with a center bow release, The top of the barrel cylinder is factory stamped "High Velocity", Before reaching these shores it was proofed in England, The Type A stock with very nice color and contrast and with a cheekpiece, Horn grip cap, Horn forend tip, Sling eye on the buttstock line, Wrap around point pattern checkering on both the grip and forend, 8 lbs. 8 oz., 14 3/4" LOP over a 7/8" pad with a leather face, This super piece is totally original with every serial number matching, It retains 92% original blue, The original stock finish at 94-95%, The checkering remains at 98%, The bore is excellent. This is one very nice Commercial Mauser that remains nearly as honest as it did 87 years ago. This very piece is listed in the Mauser book as a Magnum Square Bridge Model A in 404. Relative Type A, the 404 and the 250-3000 are considered the hardest chambering's to find. Several serious Mauser cranks have handled this gun and most will comment it is one of the best Magnum Action 404 they have seen relative overall condition. This is nice stuff from a classic era and it lived a guarded life in a great collection of big bores since 1983. We also have a Type A 250-3000 Kurz that is absolutely outstanding and appears unfired.

Engraved Chas. A. Heyer Mauser Bolt Action Rifle 375 H&H magnum, SN A76835
https://www.rockislandauction.com/detail/73/3555/mauser-98-rifle-375-hh-magnum

and here the first thing not german/austrian

https://forum.cartridgecollectors.org/t/kynoch-30-flanged-box/34366

"Recently acquired, with a nice add-on label. Date code should indicate March 14, 1921.
Charles A. Heyer operated a gunshop in Nairobi, British East Africa."

--------------------
Norwegian hunter misses moose, shoots man on toilet
bringing civilisation to the barbarians

93x64mm
.416 member

Reged: 07/12/11
Loc: Nth QLD Australia
Re: Chas. A Heyer & Co, Nairobi [Re: lancaster]
      #331863 - 04/09/19 06:12 AM

Corkers the lot of them!

Rule303
.416 member

Reged: 05/07/09
Loc: Woodford Qld
Re: Chas. A Heyer & Co, Nairobi [Re: 93x64mm]
      #331868 - 04/09/19 09:13 AM

Quote:

Corkers the lot of them!

I second that.

lancaster
.470 member

Reged: 06/05/08
Loc: There's a lighthouse in the mi...
Re: Chas. A Heyer & Co, Nairobi [Re: Louis]
      #346382 - 31/10/20 04:55 PM

Custom Mannlicher Schoenauer Model 1910 Takedown Bolt Action Rifle with Kenyan Retailer Marking
https://live.amoskeagauction.com/m/lot-d...;current_page=0

Description:

serial #8374, 9.5x57 (375 RNE), 28'' barrel with an excellent bore. The metal surfaces retain 99% maker blue with some small blemishes and a few faint freckles scattered about, the barrel is marked ''SPECIALLY MADE FOR CHAS. A. HEYER & CO''. All original factory markings are crisp, interestingly the barrel and receiver are marked ''8374'' and the underside of the butter knife bolt handle is marked ''8375'' no doubt a mere factory error. The checkered walnut capped pistolgrip takedown stock is very good plus as lightly-refinished with some scattered light handling marks and the checkering worn mostly flat-top. The serrated horn buttplate is intact although it has begun to develop age cracks, the grip cap has a neat quick-release feature that reveals a tiny compartment underneath and the rifle is equipped with a single trigger. The takedown feature works as it should by pulling the front stock pin, removing the magazine and manipulating a small lever to the front of the triggerguard. The rifle is sighted with a small German silver blade front sight and four-leaf rear barrel sight with a fixed 100 meter shallow V-notch and the flip-up leaves graduating to 500 meters. A solid Mannlicher big bore made for the Chas A. Heyer Company of Nairobi, Kenya. (22B9721-4) {C&R} (2000/3000)

--------------------
Norwegian hunter misses moose, shoots man on toilet
bringing civilisation to the barbarians

Pages: 1 | 2 | (show all)

Extra information
0 registered and 102 anonymous users are browsing this forum.

Moderator:   

Print Topic

Forum Permissions
      You cannot start new topics
      You cannot reply to topics
      HTML is disabled
      UBBCode is enabled

Rating:
Topic views: 22341

Rate this topic

Jump to

Contact Us NitroExpress.com