Home | Ezine | Forums | Links | Contact
NitroExpress.com: Hunter eaten by Crocodiles

View recent messages : 24 hours | 48 hours | 7 days | 14 days | 30 days | 60 days | More Smilies

*** Enjoy NitroExpress.com? Participate and join in. ***

Hunting >> Hunting in Africa & hunting dangerous game

Pages: 1 | 2 | >> (show all)
Shikari
.224 member

Reged: 25/08/09
Loc: India
Hunter eaten by Crocodiles
      #299365 - 21/04/17 04:35 AM

Sad
http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-4422260/Hunter-believed-eaten-crocodiles.html

Post Extras: Print Post   Remind Me!   Notify Moderator  
DarylS
.700 member

Reged: 10/08/05
Loc: Beautiful British Columbia, Ca...
Re: Hunter eaten by Crocodiles [Re: Shikari]
      #299366 - 21/04/17 05:26 AM

Nasty way to go!

--------------------
Daryl

"a gun without hammers is like a Spaniel without ears" King George V

93x64mm
.416 member

Reged: 07/12/11
Loc: Nth QLD Australia
Re: Hunter eaten by Crocodiles [Re: DarylS]
      #299371 - 21/04/17 06:17 AM

Its about time we start culling the big ones out.
We stopped hunt here in QLD in the early 70's so that means the big ones out there now are 40+ years old - not all that old in crocodile years & not frightened of man what-so-ever!
Poor bugger, would have been a terrible way to go.
Hope they take a damn politician, might get some action done!
Would leave a shitty taste in the crocs mouth though.

Ripp
.577 member

Reged: 19/02/07
Loc: Montana, USA
Re: Hunter eaten by Crocodiles [Re: 93x64mm]
      #299375 - 21/04/17 06:54 AM

Quote:

Its about time we start culling the big ones out.
We stopped hunt here in QLD in the early 70's so that means the big ones out there now are 40+ years old - not all that old in crocodile years & not frightened of man what-so-ever!
Poor bugger, would have been a terrible way to go.
Hope they take a damn politician, might get some action done!
Would leave a shitty taste in the crocs mouth though.

Bad luck there..and yes, horrible way to go..

As to the comment on the politicians.. agreed..

--------------------
ALL MEN DIE, BUT FEW MEN TRULY LIVE..

FlatTop45
.300 member

Reged: 31/05/16
Loc: South Texas, U.S.A.
Re: Hunter eaten by Crocodiles [Re: Ripp]
      #299376 - 21/04/17 07:39 AM

Saw this late last night. When I read the headline, I knew that a certain segment of the population would just have to chime in to make crass and horrible comments about this unfortunate incident. "Good riddance...", "That psychopath got what he deserved...", "Karma's a bitch pal...", etc., etc., ad nauseam. After one particularly nasty statement, the commenter wrote "Bua-ha-ha-ha-ha!" which I'm sure is supposed to be a representation of an evil laugh. Sick bastard! Of course, there were more than a few supportive comments, (along with the expected anti-Trump comment here and there), but the majority of them were negative. Their general vibe seemed to be that Mother Nature got her revenge against this "evil" person. Really? And what of the all the other people that are taken by crocodiles throughout the world every year? To many rural Africans and Indonesians, the danger from crocs is a part of daily life.

What of them? Were their deaths payment for some slight against Nature too? Are crocodiles her avenging angels of choice?

The people who made those comments claim to love animals, yet where is their love for their fellow man? I mean, this man had a family. Where is their sympathy for his wife and children?

It just amazes me that there are so many clueless people in the world.

Sad....

J

Claydog
.375 member

Reged: 17/08/12
Loc: Katherine, Northern Territory ...
      #299377 - 21/04/17 07:41 AM

I have been following the story for the last week on another forum. Unfortunate ending for the hunter and his family. Not really a lot you can say about it, just one of those things.

Claydog
.375 member

Re: Hunter eaten by Crocodiles [Re: Claydog]
      #299378 - 21/04/17 07:55 AM

FlatTop45 the public comments like that seem to come out every time a hunter is killed. It is particularly disturbing when they make comments like that about the passing of someones husband and father and just highlights their complete lack of class. Unfortunately the internet is a perfect forum for these people as they can remain faceless and never need to face up to the people they are attacking.

FlatTop45
.300 member

Reged: 31/05/16
Loc: South Texas, U.S.A.
Re: Hunter eaten by Crocodiles [Re: Claydog]
      #299385 - 21/04/17 09:28 AM

Very true Claydog. The internet has created a lot of trolls.

ducmarc
.400 member

Reged: 14/07/14
Loc: fla
Re: Hunter eaten by Crocodiles [Re: FlatTop45]
      #299398 - 21/04/17 11:36 AM

Their all shit talkers that eat steaks and feed their cat cat food.burn fuel and expect the light to come on when they flip the switch.sometime I wish the Taliban would annex their part of town.i can convert they can't. And while I'm ranting I can't stand in these main stream reality shows where they kill a moose or caribou and they thank the animal.i mean please.its like sorry mate I'm gonna have to kill ya.if it bothers u to the point to say something on camera grow enough potatos to make it though the winter.

--------------------
'killed by death' Lemmy.. ' boil the dog ' Elvis Manywounds "my best friend is my magnum forty four" hank willams the third.

ducmarc
.400 member

Re: Hunter eaten by Crocodiles [Re: ducmarc]
      #299399 - 21/04/17 11:42 AM

Gator hunting had been back for I think ten years and the rules at such that few are taken so there's plenty that are going on 60 and 70 yrs old and approaching 13 ft.luckily there not as vicious as crocs.but every now and then someone gets gnawed on .wonder what they say when its their dog or loved one? Not much complaint or protest when it comes to hunting them here.

--------------------
'killed by death' Lemmy.. ' boil the dog ' Elvis Manywounds "my best friend is my magnum forty four" hank willams the third.

500Boswell
.400 member

Reged: 21/07/06
Loc: Queensland
Re: Hunter eaten by Crocodiles [Re: ducmarc]
      #299407 - 21/04/17 01:04 PM

I would love to see these Antis cornered by a Crocodile who was intent on munching them ,while a Hunter with a rifle looks on and says ''Nah, not going to help you, just let nature take its course '' and see the look on their faces ! and watch them squirm and squeal

NitroXAdministrator
.700 member

Reged: 25/12/02
Loc: Barossa Valley, South Australi...
Re: Hunter eaten by Crocodiles [Re: 500Boswell]
      #299422 - 21/04/17 07:21 PM

They have been searching Scott van Zyl for some time. Lots of posts on the internet asking for information on him.

No doubt from the evidence he was taken by a crocodile.

RIP.

But it is a risk us hunters take when dealing with wetlands where crocodiles may lurk. A horrible way to go.

--------------------
John aka NitroX

Govt get out of our lives NOW!
"I love the smell of cordite in the morning."
"A Sharp spear needs no polish"

NitroXAdministrator
.700 member

Re: Hunter eaten by Crocodiles [Re: FlatTop45]
      #299423 - 21/04/17 07:33 PM

Quote:

Saw this late last night. When I read the headline, I knew that a certain segment of the population would just have to chime in to make crass and horrible comments about this unfortunate incident. "Good riddance...", "That psychopath got what he deserved...", "Karma's a bitch pal...", etc., etc., ad nauseam. After one particularly nasty statement, the commenter wrote "Bua-ha-ha-ha-ha!" which I'm sure is supposed to be a representation of an evil laugh. Sick bastard! Of course, there were more than a few supportive comments, (along with the expected anti-Trump comment here and there), but the majority of them were negative. Their general vibe seemed to be that Mother Nature got her revenge against this "evil" person. Really? And what of the all the other people that are taken by crocodiles throughout the world every year? To many rural Africans and Indonesians, the danger from crocs is a part of daily life.

What of them? Were their deaths payment for some slight against Nature too? Are crocodiles her avenging angels of choice?

The people who made those comments claim to love animals, yet where is their love for their fellow man? I mean, this man had a family. Where is their sympathy for his wife and children?

It just amazes me that there are so many clueless people in the world.

Sad....

J

Why?

Because these people are evil. Today it is fashionable to pretend evil does not exist. One definition of evil is a lack of empathy. Tremendous self interest and selfishness usually accompanies a lack of empathy for other people.

They DO HATE HUMANS. The whole animal rights/liberation thing is about self hatred of humans. Not elevation of animals, a devaluation of human kind.

Again why?

Because they love themselves, but they also HATE themselves. And their own pathetic existence. Depression. And as a result HATE their fellow man.

The internet facilitates their self love, all the pathetic superficial selfies. It als creates a shallow superficial existence without foundation. Depression and self hatred follows. This angst is directed against ther fellow man. They "love" animals, therefore those that "harm" animals are hated. The internet facilitates their shallow weak nasty attacks as they can be done anonymously and without being face to face to those they want to insult. Pathetic weak shallow superficial spineless cowards.

I try to deal with people as if they were on telephone, or face to face. How often when I spreak to a troublemaker on the forums on the phone (two or three times have done this), how obvious they are by embarrassment by their behaviour even if it is never mentioned on the phone. How a direct telephone conversation is entirely different in their minds to an "anonymous" internet post. And face to face is even more so. How many Boards and Committees can have even enemies dealing with each other, in a polite manner, because that is what works and angry internet type tirades do not work. The opposite. How pro gun internet experts have no idea of either, because they never actually have to deal with the "opposition" and "middle men" face to face.

Enough off topic comment by me ...

--------------------
John aka NitroX

Edited by NitroX (21/04/17 08:30 PM)

Sarg
.400 member

Reged: 20/01/07
Loc: Nil
Re: Hunter eaten by Crocodiles [Re: NitroX]
      #299425 - 21/04/17 07:38 PM

I very much doubt Crocs got this very experienced Professional Hunter, it will be a foul deed by persons unknown or known !

Shoot TWO crocs to find body parts !

If they are his remains I would say they were feed to them !

NitroXAdministrator
.700 member

Re: Hunter eaten by Crocodiles [Re: Sarg]
      #299431 - 21/04/17 08:35 PM

Good point Sarg.

I did think about the fact two crocs had remains in them. Assuming they are both from this guy.

lso "trackers found the backpack nearby". From where his footteps entered the water. How far away, is my question?

However crocs can get anyone, eve the wary.

I remember Matt Graham asking me to guard him at Cobourg Peninsula when he went to wash off a cape in the seawater. If a person is alone, and a chore needs doing, something can happen, even to the wary.

--------------------
John aka NitroX

Claydog
.375 member

#299436 - 21/04/17 10:01 PM

Have to admit I have wondered the same as Sarg thinks. It can just happen of course so wonder if we will ever know for sure.

DarylS
.700 member

Reged: 10/08/05
Loc: Beautiful British Columbia, Ca...
      #299446 - 22/04/17 01:03 AM

Quote:

I very much doubt Crocs got this very experienced Professional Hunter, it will be a foul deed by persons unknown or known !

I had the same feelings, Sarg. Doesn't make sense for him for him to be 'taken' by crocs. Still not sure why his rifle & vehicle were not 'taken', unless just to bolster the suspicion of a croc attack.

--------------------
Daryl

"a gun without hammers is like a Spaniel without ears" King George V

Sarg
.400 member

Reged: 20/01/07
Loc: Nil
      #299453 - 22/04/17 03:54 AM

Quote:

had the same feelings, Sarg. Doesn't make sense for him for him to be 'taken' by crocs. Still not sure why his rifle & vehicle were not 'taken', unless just to bolster the suspicion of a croc attack.

Yes I would say so & he took his small back pack off to what go for a swim ?

This man is known to my friends in SA & if you knew how bad it is getting for the White farmer/PH in SA right now you would under stand more, this is not the NT !

Ripp
.577 member

Reged: 19/02/07
Loc: Montana, USA
      #299454 - 22/04/17 04:20 AM

Quote:

Quote:

I had the same feelings, Sarg. Doesn't make sense for him for him to be 'taken' by crocs. Still not sure why his rifle & vehicle were not 'taken', unless just to bolster the suspicion of a croc attack.

Agreed....

As to the comments on the media.they are a bunch of pathetic cunts..who have the intestinal fortitude of a mouse on a good day..have found on more than on occasion however, if you "bump" into them in person they are not nearly as full of opinions on the subject..

Sorry for the language, but I am so shit full of those liberal pricks... been a long week here as well..

Ripp

--------------------
ALL MEN DIE, BUT FEW MEN TRULY LIVE..

Rule303
.416 member

Reged: 05/07/09
Loc: Woodford Qld
      #299483 - 22/04/17 07:41 PM

Sarg, you beat me to it. My thoughts exactly. Going by what was left on the river bank I doubt the crocs removed his back pack and shoes. IMHO he was either killed by persons unknown and dumped in the river or chased by them and took his chance crossing the river to get away from them.

RIP and condolences to the family.

ozhunter
.400 member

Reged: 18/08/04
Loc: Sydney, Australia
      #299610 - 25/04/17 06:28 PM

Quote:

Don't think so. I've been with plenty of experienced guys that push their luck around water. Done it myself trying to fix a camp pump suction point .
Even had a PH take a dip in Kariba on hot day.
Bet he just took a spell during this wet season hunt, removed his pack to splash his face and wam. Hopefully quick!

Shikari
.224 member

Reged: 25/08/09
Loc: India
Re: Hunter eaten by Crocodiles [Re: ozhunter]
      #299616 - 25/04/17 08:54 PM

http://www.you.co.za/news/dna-remains-found-inside-three-crocodiles-linked-to-missing-sa-hunter/
Sad news RIP

Edited by Shikari (26/04/17 05:47 AM)

NitroXAdministrator
.700 member

#299671 - 26/04/17 04:13 PM

Quote:

Quote:

Don't think so. I've been with plenty of experienced guys that push their luck around water. Done it myself trying to fix a camp pump suction point .
Bet he just took a spell during this wet season hunt, removed his pack to splash his face and wam. Hopefully quick!

Exactly. I remember once chopping a branch off a tree in the water. I felt like I was ringing the dinner gong. A fishing lure was caught in the branch out about ten feet out and seven feet high, in a branch which first went down, dipped in the water, and then rose up. The lure I have had since 1983 and when it got stuck, I walked back to camp, later that evening walked back with a axe to cut the branch off. Took about 50 cuts. The dinner gong was really sounded! Lucky we were probably too far up river for salties.

PHs and other staff do stuff around and in the water all the time. Some clients are so scared of it they won't go 50 metres near it ... at least in my experience with one scared turkey.

One thing people do a lot is get water for drinking, cooking or washing. Crocs have been known to lurk at such spots. And I know from personal experience, you think you OK, I can see the crocs, I am wary, then you see a croc very very close, previously not seen.

No idea what was the cause, foul play or a croc. Either is possible. Not enough facts to determine either. But the poor guy did end up in a crocs belly.

--------------------
John aka NitroX

ducmarc
.400 member

#299718 - 27/04/17 10:07 AM

Like gators its the one u don't see I think in any job u get complacent I've worked on dump trks and heavy equipment my whole life have been to the ER a few times.u just get in a hurry and say ah it will be fine and that's how it gets u.more people die from lightning and people still ignore it

--------------------

Rule303
.416 member

Reged: 05/07/09
Loc: Woodford Qld
      #299732 - 27/04/17 02:06 PM

Quote:

Quote:

Weren't his shoes/boots also found with or near the pack?

Edited by Rule303 (27/04/17 02:06 PM)

Claydog
.375 member

Re: Hunter eaten by Crocodiles [Re: Rule303]
      #299734 - 27/04/17 02:37 PM

I think that was an early report. I understand the boots or part there-of were found in one of the animals.

gryphon
.450 member

Reged: 01/01/03
Loc: Sambar ground/Victoria/Austral...
      #299735 - 27/04/17 03:47 PM

Quote:

Agreed....

they are a bunch of pathetic cunt

Sorry for the language,

Ripp

what fucking language?

--------------------
Get off the chair away from the desk and get out in the bush and enjoy life.

Pages: 1 | 2 | >> (show all)

Extra information
0 registered and 27 anonymous users are browsing this forum.

Moderator:   

Print Topic

Forum Permissions
      You cannot start new topics
      You cannot reply to topics
      HTML is disabled
      UBBCode is enabled

Rating:
Topic views: 6088

Rate this topic

Jump to

Contact Us NitroExpress.com