Home | Ezine | Forums | Links | Contact
NitroExpress.com: Most Desired African Game!!

View recent messages : 24 hours | 48 hours | 7 days | 14 days | 30 days | 60 days | More Smilies

*** Enjoy NitroExpress.com? Participate and join in. ***

Hunting >> Hunting in Africa & hunting dangerous game

Pages: 1 | 2 | 3 | (show all)
Postman
.375 member

Reged: 25/09/13
Loc: Canada
Re: Most Desired African Game!! [Re: gryphon]
      #288140 - 21/09/16 07:26 AM

I suspect big buff are at the top for a few reasons:

1. They are "almost" affordable for most, ergo are a bit of a stretch dream, but not quite totally dreaming in technicolor if you get my drift....
2. They are damned exciting to hunt and do indeed offer the real possibility of personal risk of injury or death should things go horribly pear shaped.
3. They are truly majestic beasts, awe inspiring, and an incredibly handsome trophy......
4. The hunt itself is challenging without requiring the physical abilities of a world class fitness trainer.... Tough but still achievable for any reasonably fit person.
5. Who doesn't like the taste of beef, even if the tenderness of the tenderloin of an old Dugga boy is like chewing steel cable
6. They're one of those hunts that when done once, cry out for a repeat performance.
7. The most important reason of all to me: I think it's cool !!!!

Edited by Postman (21/09/16 10:52 AM)

Post Extras: Print Post   Remind Me!   Notify Moderator  
Wayne59
.400 member

Reged: 20/06/15
Loc: Lagrange Ga. USA
Re: Most Desired African Game!! [Re: Postman]
      #288154 - 21/09/16 10:46 AM

A big buff a croc 16 ft+ and a narley warthog.

Ripp
.577 member

Reged: 19/02/07
Loc: Montana, USA
Re: Most Desired African Game!! [Re: Postman]
      #288156 - 21/09/16 11:32 AM

Quote:

I suspect big buff are at the top for a few reasons:

1. They are "almost" affordable for most, ergo are a bit of a stretch dream, but not quite totally dreaming in technicolor if you get my drift....
2. They are damned exciting to hunt and do indeed offer the real possibility of personal risk of injury or death should things go horribly pear shaped.
3. They are truly majestic beasts, awe inspiring, and an incredibly handsome trophy......
4. The hunt itself is challenging without requiring the physical abilities of a world class fitness trainer.... Tough but still achievable for any reasonably fit person.
5. Who doesn't like the taste of beef, even if the tenderness of the tenderloin of an old Dugga boy is like chewing steel cable
6. They're one of those hunts that when done once, cry out for a repeat performance.
7. The most important reason of all to me: I think it's cool !!!!

I agree with the above--would love to hunt more buffalo...BUT, if I had just one more hunt to do I would really like to hunt tuskless elephant one more time..again, for me, was the most intense hunt I have ever done in my life as far as Africa and the Big 5...The last time there they (tuskless) were very very agitated..one group come runnning towards us screaming, ripping shrubs and little trees out and throwing them with their trunks..mock charging us..etc for about 20 minutes..I was hunting with the late Ian Gibson...will never forget...

Ripp

--------------------
ALL MEN DIE, BUT FEW MEN TRULY LIVE..

Edited by Ripp (21/09/16 11:48 AM)

Jim_C
.300 member

Reged: 09/08/14
Loc: USA
Re: Most Desired African Game!! [Re: Ripp]
      #288160 - 21/09/16 11:56 AM

I'd pass on the elephant, it just never really interested me. I'd love to hunt buffalo, it looks like fun. . . . but what I'd really like to do is spend time just wandering around and hunting plains game, especially the various antelope, along with whatever I ran across. That just strikes me as an excellent way to spend time.

Rule303
.416 member

Reged: 05/07/09
Loc: Woodford Qld
Re: Most Desired African Game!! [Re: Jim_C]
      #288167 - 21/09/16 03:13 PM

I have hunted Tuskless Cow Ele and Buff, hence I selected Lion and Hippo. however I would run my preferences as Bull Ele, another Tuskless Cow, Lion, Hippo-on land- Gemsbok, Bff, Kudu.

JabaliHunter
.400 member

Reged: 16/05/07
Loc: England
Re: Most Desired African Game!! [Re: Rule303]
      #288179 - 21/09/16 08:34 PM

Apart from the Derby Eland, 2 other hunts I'd like to do are a gemsbok in a really remote community concession area such as in Namibia; and at the other extreme a Nyala in low fenced farmland areas in Natal.

Add tracking a huge bull ele in northern Namibia and a tuskless in the Zambezi valley jess and you have my top five.

Pages: 1 | 2 | 3 | (show all)

Extra information
1 registered and 58 anonymous users are browsing this forum.

Moderator:   

Print Topic

Forum Permissions
      You cannot start new topics
      You cannot reply to topics
      HTML is disabled
      UBBCode is enabled

Rating:
Topic views: 19680

Rate this topic

Jump to

Contact Us NitroExpress.com