Home | Ezine | Forums | Links | Contact
NitroExpress.com: 338 Win Mag

View recent messages : 24 hours | 48 hours | 7 days | 14 days | 30 days | 60 days | More Smilies

*** Enjoy NitroExpress.com? Participate and join in. ***

Shooting & Reloading - Mausers, Big Bores and others >> Rifles

Pages: 1 | 2 | (show all)
Ripp
.577 member

Reged: 19/02/07
Loc: Montana, USA
Re: 338 Win Mag [Re: Remington]
      #304948 - 08/09/17 12:01 AM

Quote:

Quote:

Quote:

Abusing your kindness and generosity, what complementary cartridge to the 338 Win Mag? Although I think this cartridge goes well for everything in Spain and more.

Thanks

Remington.

As companion pieces, you might consider the .243 Winchester and the .458 Win, both introduced in the 1950's like the .338 and both very popular today - especially the .243. That would keep you on the winchester theme and in the same period. The .270 Win and .308 Win are also very fine cartridges, although the .270 is a bit older. Jack O'Connor said that if he could have only two rifles, one would be a .270 and the other a .375. A .270 paired with a .338 would be just about the same thing.

Thank you, the 270 Winchester is a superb cartridge that I really like. Maybe one day my wife let me buy one lol.

Remington.

Tell her its for her as a gift. The 270 is an excellent caliber for a woman...

Ripp

--------------------
ALL MEN DIE, BUT FEW MEN TRULY LIVE..

Post Extras: Print Post   Remind Me!   Notify Moderator  
Remington
.224 member

Reged: 12/12/04
Loc: Spain
Re: 338 Win Mag [Re: Ripp]
      #304952 - 08/09/17 01:10 AM

Ripp

Sir, she likes to shoot with a short gun. One day she shot with my 12 shotgun and he did not like it. He does not like hunting either. It's a lost war.

Remington.

--------------------
Punctuality is respect for the time of others.

Edited by Remington (08/09/17 01:11 AM)

Remington
.224 member

Re: 338 Win Mag [Re: NitroX]
      #305014 - 09/09/17 02:27 AM

Quote:

Remington, are you restricted in Spain to the number of rifles/firearms you can own?

Hello at present the possession of rifles is unlimited in number, however the number of shotguns that we can possess are 6.

Remington.

--------------------

NitroXAdministrator
.700 member

Reged: 25/12/02
Loc: Barossa Valley, South Australi...
      #305031 - 09/09/17 03:02 PM

Quote:

Quote:

Remington, are you restricted in Spain to the number of rifles/firearms you can own?

Hello at present the possession of rifles is unlimited in number, however the number of shotguns that we can possess are 6.

Remington.

Thanks. Was wondering if there was any issues here. Many Europeans living in restrictive countries choose a multi barrel rifle system because of number restrictions.

--------------------
John aka NitroX

Govt get out of our lives NOW!
"I love the smell of cordite in the morning."
"A Sharp spear needs no polish"

Remington
.224 member

#305036 - 09/09/17 05:15 PM

Hello, it is a very interesting solution, because in the documentation that shows the ownership of the weapon would consist that you have a weapon with complementary guns. I have an old 16 gauge shotgun with two sets of guns and it's a single gun. Obviously it has the same weapon numbering in both sets of guns.

Remington.

--------------------

Remington
.224 member

#305037 - 09/09/17 05:17 PM

Where I put "guns" should put "barrels". I'm sorry for the mistake.

Remington.

--------------------

NitroXAdministrator
.700 member

#305038 - 09/09/17 05:33 PM

Not a problem I understood that ie regarding barrels.

Here is Australia, we do not have a strict number restriction though that is slowly changing. I have more than two dozen firearms, rifles and shotguns. No handguns yet, though I can legally buy one or more. Only for target shooting though. It is getting harder and harder as they introduce more and more restrictions and increasingly difficult "justifications".

I have two Mauser M03 rifles with several sets of barrels. Good for travelling as the barrel can be removed. And I have barrels from .222 to .404 for them. I purchased a second M03 so I can have a medium and large bore on a trip or a small bore etc ready to go. Being takedowns they are shorter so also can be transported more discretely.

Same as a double rifle or shotgun, barrel out, the whole package fits in a smaller case.

I also have a Tikka/Valmet double rifle / shotgun setup, with two double rifle barrels, a shotgun set and a couple combination sets of barrels. Again the versatility.

Officially only one barrel needs to be registered with a receiver for a firearm here.

--------------------
John aka NitroX

Remington
.224 member

#305042 - 09/09/17 08:41 PM

In Spain the rules are too restrictive. And in Europe they want to restrict the issue more because of jihadist terrorism.

Remington.

--------------------

DarylS
.700 member

Reged: 10/08/05
Loc: Beautiful British Columbia, Ca...
      #305057 - 10/09/17 03:00 AM

Quote:

In Spain the rules are too restrictive. And in Europe they want to restrict the issue more because of jihadist terrorism.

Remington.

Wouldn't want the anarchy of people actually being able to

defend themselves & maybe killing a few terrorists.

--------------------
Daryl

"a gun without hammers is like a Spaniel without ears" King George V

NitroXAdministrator
.700 member

Re: 338 Win Mag [Re: DarylS]
      #305104 - 10/09/17 07:56 PM

The good old straw man, Introduce thousands of malcontents, disruptive, violent people, jihardis and other troublemakers.

Bring in laws to control the "problem" but aimed squarely not on the troublemakers, but on ALL CITIZENS and residents. Disarm them, introduce other restrictions.

In the interest of the false creeds of modern anti-racisn and anti-discrimination introduce laws to protect the evil ideologies of Islam, sexual deviancies etc. Curtail free speech to protect the un acceptable, ban expression of protest, but only against the "racists", "bigots" and "homophobes" while encouraging the extension of evil deviancy and fascistic Islam.

Increase the power of the gov't, increasingly draconian to the majority of the population. Increase the power of the masters pulling the puppet strings of the Presidents, Prime Ministers, Chancellors and Gov't Ministers.

Sorry about the rant. But when understands the truth and what is behind it all, all the inconsistencies become so understandable.

Sorry about the political rant on this non politics forum,

--------------------
John aka NitroX

Remington
.224 member

#305118 - 11/09/17 01:22 AM

In the end politics really directs our lives. It is impossible to abstract oneself from that self-evident reality. Restrictions are always going to affect the honorable citizens, in all facets of life because those outside the law do not affect them at all. They are outside the rules.

Remington.

--------------------

ovny
.375 member

Reged: 19/06/08
      #305203 - 12/09/17 06:38 AM

Hello Remington, the Remington 700 rifle I do not like to have the ejector active. I prefer a rifle with Mauser 98 action sporty as my CZ lead. As for the cartridge without seeming for its appearance an impressive cartridge in benefits it is. For Spain I think a good cartridge choosing a suitable tip. The wild boar will remain in its imprint until you place the shot and if you injure some wild boar will leave a good trace of blood. And of course if you are going to Africa you will be served for everything (except the Big Five), including the great Eland. So keep playing the lottery.

--------------------
I am Spanish

Remington
.224 member

Re: 338 Win Mag [Re: ovny]
      #305231 - 12/09/17 10:53 PM

Quote:

Hello Remington, the Remington 700 rifle I do not like to have the ejector active. I prefer a rifle with Mauser 98 action sporty as my CZ lead. As for the cartridge without seeming for its appearance an impressive cartridge in benefits it is. For Spain I think a good cartridge choosing a suitable tip. The wild boar will remain in its imprint until you place the shot and if you injure some wild boar will leave a good trace of blood. And of course if you are going to Africa you will be served for everything (except the Big Five), including the great Eland. So keep playing the lottery.

Thank you very much "ovny" for your answer. Actually the Remington 700 rifle I own is wonderful. Aesthetically it's beautiful and the shots I've taken with him have been correct.

Remington.

--------------------

ovny
.375 member

Reged: 19/06/08
      #305233 - 12/09/17 11:01 PM

Hello Remington, the rifle you have is certainly very precise, its action is used to create large precision rifles but its active ejector is not the most suitable to use for example in rifles intended for dangerous hunting. It would be long and cumbersome to explain, plus how I use the Google translator would be even less clear. But I for cartridges dedicated to dangerous hunting would opt for brands like CZ, Ruger, Winchester (the Pre 64) that use passive ejectors.

A greeting

Ovny.

--------------------
I am Spanish

Ripp
.577 member

Reged: 19/02/07
Loc: Montana, USA
Re: 338 Win Mag [Re: DarylS]
      #305234 - 12/09/17 11:02 PM

Quote:

Quote:

Remington.

Exactly my thoughts..unf*cking believable ...move in a bunch of worthless turds into your country, then make gun laws more restrictive for those who are paying the taxes...WOW..what a bunch of worthless turds...

I am certain the muslim terrorists will obey any and all laws regarding firearm or bomb ownership???

Sorry Remington for going off on your thread..but items like this makes my blood boil...

Ripp

Edited by Ripp (12/09/17 11:04 PM)

Remington
.224 member

Re: 338 Win Mag [Re: Ripp]
      #305235 - 12/09/17 11:06 PM

Quote:

Quote:

Quote:

Remington.

Exactly my thoughts..unf*cking believable ...move in a bunch of worthless turds into your country, then make gun laws more restrictive for those who are paying the taxes...WOW..what a bunch of worthless turds...

I am certain the muslim terrorists will obey any and all laws regarding firearm or bomb ownership???

Sorry Remington for going off on your thread..but items like this makes my blood boil...

Ripp

Do not worry Ripp, this theme makes us all boil blood. It is sad to restrict the right to defend themselves to honest people and yet criminals can have the weapons they want because to them the laws do not affect them.

Remington.

--------------------

Pages: 1 | 2 | (show all)

Extra information
0 registered and 36 anonymous users are browsing this forum.

Moderator:   

Print Topic

Forum Permissions
      You cannot start new topics
      You cannot reply to topics
      HTML is disabled
      UBBCode is enabled

Rating:
Topic views: 9710

Rate this topic

Jump to

Contact Us NitroExpress.com