Home | Ezine | Forums | Links | Contact
NitroExpress.com: The Savage B.MAG in .17 WSM

View recent messages : 24 hours | 48 hours | 7 days | 14 days | 30 days | 60 days | More Smilies

*** Enjoy NitroExpress.com? Participate and join in. ***

Shooting & Reloading - Mausers, Big Bores and others >> Rifles

Pages: 1
Ripp
.577 member

Reged: 19/02/07
Loc: Montana, USA
The Savage B.MAG in .17 WSM
      #239205 - 13/12/13 03:22 AM

Just an FYI.

I had been on a wait list for one of these..got a call on Monday it was in..went over to the gun dealer and looked at it..handed it back and said no thanks...will wait for it to be chambered in another model or by someone else..

Serioulsy it was the most chinnsey (SP) feeling, looking firearm I have even felt..closing the bolt had the feel of cocking a popgun ..

Was told they really shoot..but man is it ugly..imho...

Not sure if anyone on here has one or shot one...not trying to insult anyone..but really not impressed with this one...

Ripp

--------------------
ALL MEN DIE, BUT FEW MEN TRULY LIVE..

Post Extras: Print Post   Remind Me!   Notify Moderator  
500Nitro
.450 member

Reged: 06/01/03
Loc: Victoria, Australia
Re: The Savage B.MAG in .17 WSM [Re: Ripp]
      #239206 - 13/12/13 03:43 AM

Got a link to a photo ?

Ripp
.577 member

Re: The Savage B.MAG in .17 WSM [Re: 500Nitro]
      #239208 - 13/12/13 06:21 AM

Quote:

Got a link to a photo ?

I am certain you can google it..
but the photos I have seen doesn't do justice to how cheaply this thing is made..

Ripp

--------------------

Edited by Ripp (13/12/13 06:22 AM)

DarylS
.700 member

Reged: 10/08/05
Loc: Beautiful British Columbia, Ca...
Re: The Savage B.MAG in .17 WSM [Re: Ripp]
      #239239 - 14/12/13 02:54 AM

Quote:

Just an FYI.

I had been on a wait list for one of these..got a call on Monday it was in..went over to the gun dealer and looked at it..handed it back and said no thanks...will wait for it to be chambered in another model or by someone else..

Serioulsy it was the most chinnsey (SP) feeling, looking firearm I have even felt..closing the bolt had the feel of cocking a popgun ..

Not sure if anyone on here has one or shot one...not trying to insult anyone..but really not impressed with this one...

Ripp

The guys on the small bore forum I frequent have the same impression of the rifle, Ripp - although most of them shoot very well.

There was talk of perhaps CZ - but - nothing declared that I know of. Here's a quote from one of the guys:

"Get the Savage! I know I said in the past that the B-mag was junk, I was wrong Ive been shooting mine and just love it! Its my new truck gun!"
Another.

"What Steve B said. I spoke to CZ about a month or so ago and they said they are not interested right now. The only other "factory" rifle will be Volquartsen, which is going to be available for order in January.

We'll see what SHOT brings with other companies.

I have a 23" Contender Barrel from MGM in .17WSM and love it."

--------------------
Daryl

"a gun without hammers is like a Spaniel without ears" King George V

Ripp
.577 member

Re: The Savage B.MAG in .17 WSM [Re: DarylS]
      #239502 - 18/12/13 11:30 PM

Quote:

Quote:

Just an FYI.

Ripp

The guys on the small bore forum I frequent have the same impression of the rifle, Ripp - although most of them shoot very well.

There was talk of perhaps CZ - but - nothing declared that I know of. Here's a quote from one of the guys:

"Get the Savage! I know I said in the past that the B-mag was junk, I was wrong Ive been shooting mine and just love it! Its my new truck gun!"
Another.

"What Steve B said. I spoke to CZ about a month or so ago and they said they are not interested right now. The only other "factory" rifle will be Volquartsen, which is going to be available for order in January.

We'll see what SHOT brings with other companies.

I have a 23" Contender Barrel from MGM in .17WSM and love it."

Daryl

Those I have talked to have said the same thing...they look and feel really cheap ..but true to Savage's reputation, they are accurate...

Was told Savage is coming out with another model for 2014--not sure if that is true or not..but that is what I was told..

thx
Ripp

--------------------

Pages: 1

Extra information
0 registered and 11 anonymous users are browsing this forum.

Moderator:   

Print Topic

Forum Permissions
      You cannot start new topics
      You cannot reply to topics
      HTML is disabled
      UBBCode is enabled

Rating:
Topic views: 3334

Rate this topic

Jump to

Contact Us NitroExpress.com