Home | Ezine | Forums | Links | Contact
NitroExpress.com: The 7MM STW Story...

View recent messages : 24 hours | 48 hours | 7 days | 14 days | 30 days | 60 days | More Smilies

*** Enjoy NitroExpress.com? Participate and join in. ***

Shooting & Reloading - Mausers, Big Bores and others >> Rifles

Pages: 1
Ripp
.577 member

Reged: 19/02/07
Loc: Montana, USA
The 7MM STW Story...
      #230027 - 13/05/13 10:03 PM

http://www.rifleshootermag.com/2011/01/04/ammunition_7mmstw_071207/

--------------------
ALL MEN DIE, BUT FEW MEN TRULY LIVE..

Post Extras: Print Post   Remind Me!   Notify Moderator  
Ben
.400 member

Reged: 22/08/08
Loc: Northern Territory, Australia
Re: The 7MM STW Story... [Re: Ripp]
      #230030 - 13/05/13 11:30 PM

Awesome little cartridge! My Dad loves his. He's killed fallow, red, fox, rabbit, goat, wild dog, donkey, camel, brumby, mule, buffalo, pig, kudu, impala, warthog and zebra with his.

Ripp
.577 member

Re: The 7MM STW Story... [Re: Ben]
      #230059 - 14/05/13 05:58 AM

Quote:

Awesome little cartridge! My Dad loves his. He's killed fallow, red, fox, rabbit, goat, wild dog, donkey, camel, brumby, mule, buffalo, pig, kudu, impala, warthog and zebra with his.

Agree..it has very impressive ballistics...used one on a caribou hunt years ago--the thing is a laser..

Ripp

--------------------

Kiwi_bloke
.333 member

Reged: 03/09/09
Loc: New Zealand
Re: The 7MM STW Story... [Re: Ripp]
      #230172 - 17/05/13 07:53 AM

I picked up a 7mm vom Hofe. A 7mm based on a shortened .404 case long before anyone else thought of doing such a thing. It fits a standard action. The ballistics are on a par with the 7mm STW and this rifle (a Mauser 66), will shoot 3 Accubonds into one tight ragged hole at 100 yards. It seems to me that, the 7mm STW is simply reinventing the wheel, but the longer case means a longer action and more powder besides. These aren't exactly improvements!

Ripp
.577 member

Re: The 7MM STW Story... [Re: Kiwi_bloke]
      #230176 - 17/05/13 12:31 PM

Quote:

I picked up a 7mm vom Hofe. A 7mm based on a shortened .404 case long before anyone else thought of doing such a thing. It fits a standard action. The ballistics are on a par with the 7mm STW and this rifle (a Mauser 66), will shoot 3 Accubonds into one tight ragged hole at 100 yards. It seems to me that, the 7mm STW is simply reinventing the wheel, but the longer case means a longer action and more powder besides. These aren't exactly improvements!

Actually a friend of mine who sells weatherby's was taking a 300 Weatherby case and necking it down to 7mm---he talked me into doing one myself for my first caribou trip to Alaska..very similar as well to the 7STW..but unlike yours was also a longer case..

Personally feel there are many new cartridges that are probably not improvements...but different cartidges doing the same thing as others..but I like that..you never know when someone might stumle on a new hallmark cartridge of somekind..ie; the little 17 Winchester super mag rimfire...

Ripp

--------------------

Pages: 1

Extra information
0 registered and 66 anonymous users are browsing this forum.

Moderator:   

Print Topic

Forum Permissions
      You cannot start new topics
      You cannot reply to topics
      HTML is disabled
      UBBCode is enabled

Rating:
Topic views: 2702

Rate this topic

Jump to

Contact Us NitroExpress.com