Home | Ezine | Forums | Links | Contact
NitroExpress.com: Stainless mauser actions

View recent messages : 24 hours | 48 hours | 7 days | 14 days | 30 days | 60 days | More Smilies

*** Enjoy NitroExpress.com? Participate and join in. ***

Shooting & Reloading - Mausers, Big Bores and others >> Rifles

Pages: 1 | 2 | (show all)
mehulkamdar
.416 member

Reged: 09/01/04
Loc: State of Ill-Annoy USA.
Re: Stainless mauser actions [Re: IronBuck]
      #22651 - 25/12/04 11:54 AM

IronBuck,

Charles Daly/Zastava advertise a regular as well as a premium action. Which one did you buy? It does look like you're going to have a superbly beautiful rifle very soon.

Good hunting and please post pictures of you're rifle when it is completed.

Mehul Kamdar.

--------------------
The Ark was made by amateurs. Experts built the Titanic.

Mehul Kamdar

Post Extras: Print Post   Remind Me!   Notify Moderator  
IronBuck
.300 member

Reged: 11/01/03
Loc: Pittsburgh PA, USA
Re: Stainless mauser actions [Re: mehulkamdar]
      #22766 - 29/12/04 02:41 AM

To tell you the truth I am not sure. Charles Daly is the importer here in the states & they only list the action as being available with or without the barrel. Not as a regular or premium actions. So what ever they get is what I have

I hope to be shooting this rifle by February. It all depends upon how soon I can get my McMillen stock delivered. Because I shoot left handed it can cause delays. I will be sure to post photos of the finished rifle & on the targets from the range. I will be handloading 250 grain Hornady Roundnose bullets as well as 250 grain Nosler partions. It should become a nice working rifle for me

robthom
.224 member

Reged: 01/01/05
Loc: England
Re: Stainless mauser actions [Re: IronBuck]
      #23209 - 03/01/05 04:36 AM

I am pleased, and relieved, you are happy with the Zastava action you obtained.

I am having a left hand rifle built around a chrome-Moly Charles Daly / Zastava action. Like you, I had read many negative comments on the net about these actions. Your action looks much better than I had expected from the comments.

I remember the old Mark X / Interarms of Manchester, UK Yugoslavian (as it was then) Mauser actions. These came as the Whitworth and Windsor medium rifles: .270, .308 and .30-06 etc rifles.

One had a clasic stock shape, the other was a Monte Carlo configuration. I seem to remember the Whitworth had the classic stock. There was also an Express / magnum rifle chambered for .375H&H and .458Win.

These rifles were at the time, 1980s - 1990s, well received in the UK. I remember them as being better than the old Parker Hale ? Santa Barbera? Mausers.

I hope to have my rifle this Summer. It is nice to be able to find, and afford!, a left hand true controlled round feed Mauser.

--------------------
God is not on the side of the big battalions but
the best shots (Voltaire)

Kiwihunter
.224 member

Reged: 27/08/06
Re: Stainless mauser actions [Re: AdamTayler]
      #62254 - 08/09/06 02:35 PM

I have a 300WSM built on a Stainless Steel Montana MRC 1999 action and I couldn't be happier with it. These actions are a true controlled feed, and incorporate the best features of the Mauser 98 and Pre 64 M70. The action is cast along the lines of the Ruger MkII.

Couple of things I really like about the MRC are:

1) Excellent bolt release system, looks very neat and very functional
2) 2 gas ports on either side of the receiver, as well as in the bolt plus large gas flange on the bolt
3) Trigger is excellent, no trace of any creap and consistent pull

One of the really big plus points is the internal length of the magazine box 3.1 inches, which means that you can really seat your projectiles out to make room for more powder. The action is still a short length.

Even though these actions are stainless, I did notice some rust appearing, so had the complete action black teflon coated. This has made the action even slicker working.

Hope this helps,

Michael.

mlg
.275 member

Reged: 19/03/05
Loc: Queensland, Australia
Re: Stainless mauser actions [Re: Kiwihunter]
      #62335 - 10/09/06 02:10 PM

I would have a good look at the Montana action that Kiwihunter used. To me they look to be good quality and good value.

Here is their website

http://www.montanarifleman.com/index.html

Pages: 1 | 2 | (show all)

Extra information
0 registered and 73 anonymous users are browsing this forum.

Moderator:   

Print Topic

Forum Permissions
      You cannot start new topics
      You cannot reply to topics
      HTML is disabled
      UBBCode is enabled

Rating:
Topic views: 9678

Rate this topic

Jump to

Contact Us NitroExpress.com