Home | Ezine | Forums | Links | Contact
NitroExpress.com: Remington Acquires Dakota Arms

View recent messages : 24 hours | 48 hours | 7 days | 14 days | 30 days | 60 days | More Smilies

*** Enjoy NitroExpress.com? Participate and join in. ***

Shooting & Reloading - Mausers, Big Bores and others >> Rifles

Pages: 1 | 2 | (show all)
9.3x57
.450 member

Reged: 22/04/07
Loc: United States
Re: Remington Acquires Dakota Arms [Re: 500Boswell]
      #137136 - 11/06/09 11:07 AM

Quote:

Later Obumhead will be offering to buy out Gun manufacturers with ridiculous amounts of taxpayers money [an amount too tempting to refuse]in order to eliminate guns from America

I actually think this could occur.

Sporting firearms manufacturers are relatively small companies for the most part, and wouldn't be too much of a burden on the taxpayers to buy out and liquidate for the benefit of the nation.

This last sentence is an attempt to dive into the cesspool of Barney Frank's and Chris Dodd's minds, a literary masterpiece of brevity and clarity {if I do say so myself} that any Democrat Party Committeeman should copy and paste and save for a future fundraiser.

--------------------
What are the Rosary, the Cross or the Crucifix other than tools to help maintain the fortress of our faith in Jesus Christ, the Son of God?

Post Extras: Print Post   Remind Me!   Notify Moderator  
Ripp
.577 member

Reged: 19/02/07
Loc: Montana, USA
Re: Remington Acquires Dakota Arms [Re: 9.3x57]
      #137148 - 11/06/09 01:05 PM

Quote:

Quote:

Later Obumhead will be offering to buy out Gun manufacturers with ridiculous amounts of taxpayers money [an amount too tempting to refuse]in order to eliminate guns from America

I actually think this could occur.

Sporting firearms manufacturers are relatively small companies for the most part, and wouldn't be too much of a burden on the taxpayers to buy out and liquidate for the benefit of the nation.

This last sentence is an attempt to dive into the cesspool of Barney Frank's and Chris Dodd's minds, a literary masterpiece of brevity and clarity {if I do say so myself} that any Democrat Party Committeeman should copy and paste and save for a future fundraiser.

Based on how Barry was given the clear go ahead for the screw job on the preferred bond holders in the Chrysler deal..there is nothing the POS won't try to go for..and until this country pulls its head out of its ass and wakes up..it will continue..period. Barry is steam rolling right over the constitution and no one really seems to care...amazing...

Next you will have the ACLU who are nothing more than a bunch of left wing extremists, continue to attempt to push their ultra-liberal bullshit..how these treasonist bastards have the power they do I will never know...one of the best things that could ever happen is if they where put out of business, IMO..

Ripp

--------------------
ALL MEN DIE, BUT FEW MEN TRULY LIVE..

Homer
.416 member

Reged: 07/04/09
Loc: Canberra, Australia
Re: Remington Acquires Dakota Arms [Re: Ripp]
      #137159 - 11/06/09 06:38 PM

G'Day Fella's,

Just to the Remington 798 (M98) type rifles of 2008 production.

Apparently these rifle were manufactured for Remington by Zastava (Mk10) in Serbia I think or Croatia (some part of what used to be, Yugoslavia), or where ever the factory is.

They have always been functional but a bit rough around the edges. Made for a price, a cheap price!

HooRoo
From
Hommer

--------------------
"Beware the Lolly Pop of Mediocrity,
Lick it Once and You Will Suck Forever"

Peterb
.333 member

Reged: 07/07/04
Re: Remington Acquires Dakota Arms [Re: Homer]
      #138601 - 07/07/09 02:12 PM

The Mk10 was much higher quality than the Rem or Chas Daly 98s which are pieces of sheeot. Not that the 700 has been much better. In 7 months, I had 7 700 bolts simply fall out of the action when I was putting them together and opening them for new owners at our big box store. Worse yet were 6 overpressure RUM calibers which with factory ammo shot too hot to even eject. Remington would never fess up to what was wrong, they just replaced the entire gun. I own a 788 in 222 but will never own a 700.

I own and like Weatherby's but was an expert witness against them when they used a horribly grained piece of wood in the wrist with the wrist pin hole drilled but sans pin. It also had a splitting mall designed into the triggerguard/floorplate. The gun came apart at the wrist and gave the owner brain damage. Now I open them all up if I buy one and check to see if the pin is installed.

I was hoping the Japs would be the ones making the Model 70. I would have bought one, but not now.

Ripp
.577 member

Reged: 19/02/07
Loc: Montana, USA
Re: Remington Acquires Dakota Arms [Re: Peterb]
      #138633 - 08/07/09 04:23 AM

Quote:

I was hoping the Japs would be the ones making the Model 70. I would have bought one, but not now.

that would have been great--then you would have had a matching set with your earlier model weatherby's..

Ripp

--------------------
ALL MEN DIE, BUT FEW MEN TRULY LIVE..

Peterb
.333 member

Reged: 07/07/04
Re: Remington Acquires Dakota Arms [Re: Ripp]
      #138643 - 08/07/09 10:19 AM

My early model W'bys are Southgate and German.

Pages: 1 | 2 | (show all)

Extra information
0 registered and 19 anonymous users are browsing this forum.

Moderator:   

Print Topic

Forum Permissions
      You cannot start new topics
      You cannot reply to topics
      HTML is disabled
      UBBCode is enabled

Rating:
Topic views: 10611

Rate this topic

Jump to

Contact Us NitroExpress.com