Home | Ezine | Forums | Links | Contact
NitroExpress.com: The push for a lead (bullet) free Australia begins

View recent messages : 24 hours | 48 hours | 7 days | 14 days | 30 days | 60 days | More Smilies

*** Enjoy NitroExpress.com? Participate and join in. ***

Hunting >> Hunting in Australia, NZ & the South Pacific

Pages: 1
Dr_Deer
.300 member

Reged: 23/02/09
Loc: Australia
The push for a lead (bullet) free Australia begins
      #318464 - 27/07/18 10:08 AM

"Heads in the sand: public health and ecological risks of lead-based bullets for wildlife shooting in Australia" has just been published in the CSIRO journal Wildlife Research and contains such comments as:
Quote:

There is compelling evidence that continued use of Pb-based rifle bullets threatens the sustainability and social licence of hunting

http://www.publish.csiro.au/wr/pdf/WR17180

Post Extras: Print Post   Remind Me!   Notify Moderator  
Postman
.375 member

Reged: 25/09/13
Loc: Canada
Re: The push for a lead (bullet) free Australia begins [Re: Dr_Deer]
      #318480 - 27/07/18 03:00 PM

Lead is NOT water soluble and naturally occurs in the environment...... After all, it is one of the base elments on the periodic table..... So, boys and girls, please don’t eat the lead based paint flecks off the bright yellow police cuisers circa Toronto pre-2000, and don’t chew on cheap Chinese toys painted with lead based paint either.

Oh, and another thought, please dispose of all the nasty blood shot meat of the deer you just killed before putting it in the frying pan and serving it to guests......I know, I know....., you say that nasty hair and dirt contaminated blood shot meat is your favorite part.... Well I say, maybe you’d be better off cooking your overweight neighbor’s used tampon. If, and it’s a big if there are any ingestible lead fragments in your game animal, they will be embeddd in the blood shot damaged tissue that one would most normally throw away...

The only part of the article that bears any semblance of truth is that some water fowl were found to be ingesting lead pellets in shallow marshes in some areas of heavy concentrations of water fowl hunters. For example, we have a conservation area here in Ontario that is located on a major flywy and migratory route for water fowl. It allows hunting but only with hunters pre-booking and hunting from clearly defined and government run duck blinds...... The water is shallow, so guess what? Lots of lead pellets for the birds to accidentally eat while browsing on the water plants..... Lead shot has subsequently been banned for water fowl hunting in North America, for at least 20 years...... but lead shot is just fine for upland game birds - pheasant and partridge don’t ingest lead pellets in the fields like ducks might in the shallow wet lands with heavy accumulations of lead shot. Another example of harmless leas is your friendly neighborhood skeet and trap club..... Countless tons of harmless lead lying on the ground where nobody and no animals eat it.... It affects no-one and because lead is NOT water soluble, and it does not leech into the water table whereas if it was actually water soluble it would pollute everyone’s drinking water.... Just don’t help yourself to a snack on lead.

Edited by Postman (27/07/18 03:07 PM)

DarylS
.700 member

Reged: 10/08/05
Loc: Beautiful British Columbia, Ca...
Re: The push for a lead (bullet) free Australia begins [Re: Postman]
      #318481 - 27/07/18 03:53 PM

Any time ANY government or ANY special interest group uses the term sustainability - they are spouting NWO directives - nothing else and the final goal they are striving for, is to assist in the elimination of EVERY reason you have to have a firearm, ultimately, the elimination of all firearms.
The NWO cannot/will not work if you are armed.

NitroXAdministrator
.700 member

Reged: 25/12/02
Loc: Barossa Valley, South Australi...
Re: The push for a lead (bullet) free Australia begins [Re: DarylS]
      #318514 - 28/07/18 05:43 PM

More thought control bullshit.

Making life hard for shooters and hunters is official gov't policy. Removing "lead" from all shotgun pellets and all rifle bullets makes life very hard for shooters. And completely un-necessary.

As said, blood shot meat and damaged is cut away, or given "to the dog" and thus any minute leade contamination is avoided meaning the academics doing the study are cokplete time and money wasters.

Did not read the pdf just "flicked" through it.

Theantis have a "win" somewhere, eg California, and then other antis elsewhere copy the same strategy, bringing in controls all over the world. If the original methodology was flawed and biased, it is flawed and biased everywhere, however they rely of the "facts" and "proof" from the earlier place as justification everywhere else. For example non lead shot for waterfowl was largely based on specific places of concern, not ALL waterfowl shooting EVERYWHERE! Where often there is no reason not to use leadshot.

Deep State thibking again, about restrictions, control and banning firearms. Or making life as hard as possible for firearms owners.

--------------------
John aka NitroX

Govt get out of our lives NOW!
"I love the smell of cordite in the morning."
"A Sharp spear needs no polish"

Dr_Deer
.300 member

Reged: 23/02/09
Loc: Australia
Re: The push for a lead (bullet) free Australia begins [Re: DarylS]
      #318515 - 28/07/18 06:54 PM

Quote:

Any time ANY government or ANY special interest group uses the term sustainability - they are spouting NWO directives - nothing else and the final goal they are striving for, is to assist in the elimination of EVERY reason you have to have a firearm, ultimately, the elimination of all firearms.

My eyes roll when ANYONE uses the term "social licence"

Ripp
.577 member

Reged: 19/02/07
Loc: Montana, USA
Re: The push for a lead (bullet) free Australia begins [Re: Dr_Deer]
      #318530 - 29/07/18 04:23 AM

Quote:

Quote:

My eyes roll when ANYONE uses the term "social licence"

Exactly...

The uninformed barbarians that call ourselves hunters have destroyed and ruined much of the world.. WE need to be controlled for the greater benefit of all...

MORE GUN CONTROL BULLSHIT...

--------------------
ALL MEN DIE, BUT FEW MEN TRULY LIVE..

Pages: 1

Extra information
1 registered and 21 anonymous users are browsing this forum.

Moderator:   

Print Topic

Forum Permissions
      You cannot start new topics
      You cannot reply to topics
      HTML is disabled
      UBBCode is enabled

Rating:
Topic views: 2294

Rate this topic

Jump to

Contact Us NitroExpress.com