Home | Ezine | Forums | Links | Contact
NitroExpress.com: Anyone Hunted With Matt Kelman at Australia Wide Safaris?

View recent messages : 24 hours | 48 hours | 7 days | 14 days | 30 days | 60 days | More Smilies

*** Enjoy NitroExpress.com? Participate and join in. ***

Hunting >> Hunting in Australia, NZ & the South Pacific

Pages: 1
TOBY458
.300 member

Reged: 23/01/14
Loc: Georgia, USA
Anyone Hunted With Matt Kelman at Australia Wide Safaris?
      #245219 - 08/04/14 08:23 AM

Still pricing some hunts. This guy seems reasonable. Have any of you hunted with him?

Post Extras: Print Post   Remind Me!   Notify Moderator  
BB416
.275 member

Reged: 01/10/13
Loc: QLD Australia
Re: Anyone Hunted With Matt Kelman at Australia Wide Safaris? [Re: TOBY458]
      #245241 - 08/04/14 10:35 PM

Toby458
If you are looking for a good PH/ outfitter to hunt in Australia for buffalo, try Barry & Sonja Jones at Buffalo Safaris. I hunted with them August last year. Well run, exceptional food, good accommodation, heaps of buff and some really good Bara fishing and reasonably priced and no BS. I had a great time and shot a good trophy and caught some big Bara. Hope to be returning to hunt with them next year.

gryphon
.450 member

Reged: 01/01/03
Loc: Sambar ground/Victoria/Austral...
Re: Anyone Hunted With Matt Kelman at Australia Wide Safaris? [Re: BB416]
      #245266 - 09/04/14 05:51 AM

Quote:

Toby458
If you are looking for a good PH/ outfitter to hunt in Australia for buffalo, try Barry & Sonja Jones at Buffalo Safaris. I hunted with them August last year. Well run, exceptional food, good accommodation, heaps of buff and some really good Bara fishing and reasonably priced and no BS. I had a great time and shot a good trophy and caught some big Bara. Hope to be returning to hunt with them next year.

Photos of hunt?

--------------------
Get off the chair away from the desk and get out in the bush and enjoy life.

ozhunter
.400 member

Reged: 18/08/04
Loc: Sydney, Australia
Re: Anyone Hunted With Matt Kelman at Australia Wide Safaris? [Re: gryphon]
      #245298 - 09/04/14 07:19 PM

Barry is one of the good guys.
Interesting about the Barra. What month did you go?

NitroXAdministrator
.700 member

Reged: 25/12/02
Loc: Barossa Valley, South Australi...
      #245312 - 09/04/14 10:01 PM

Quote:

Toby458

I'd love to see Barry Jones here on NE. I spoke to him some time ago, but I don't think he is on the net much.

Never hunted with him myself m but he has got a good reputation.

--------------------
John aka NitroX

Govt get out of our lives NOW!
"I love the smell of cordite in the morning."
"A Sharp spear needs no polish"

TOBY458
.300 member

Re: Anyone Hunted With Matt Kelman at Australia Wide Safaris? [Re: NitroX]
      #245605 - 13/04/14 06:51 AM

Thanks for all the info!

BB416
.275 member

Reged: 01/10/13
Loc: QLD Australia
Re: Anyone Hunted With Matt Kelman at Australia Wide Safaris? [Re: ozhunter]
      #245629 - 13/04/14 06:23 PM

I hunted with Barry in late August. It was really dry and we couldn't find a pig to save ourselves. On "Mineroo "Station, there are several springs that run all year round, the water at that time of the year is crystal clear, so you can see the bara swimming along and all you have to do is drop the lure in front of them. Believe me its not as easy as it sounds as the springs and creeks are lined with Pandanas Palms and trees and the banks are really steep. They seem to only bite for a few hours during the day. We would have seen over 300 buffalo, ranging from cows and calves to solitary big bulls. Plenty of big scrub bulls with some really nice sets of horns. Had a ball

PapaScarface
.224 member

Reged: 28/08/15
Loc: NSW, Australia
      #269794 - 30/08/15 06:40 PM

An older thread, but incase anyone is weighing up a hunt with Matt from Australia wide safaris.

I have hunted with Matt multiple times now and would recommend it to anyone thinking of chasing a big bull buffalo or anyone looking for a trophy boar, banteng or scrubber. Matt also offers seasonal fishing for barra and has the use of an airboat to access the floodplains. You can expect to see large numbers of buff and pig each day. With most of the hunting done early morning or late arvo to avoid the mid day heat.

The property itself is about 100,000 acres about 1 1/2hr from darwin by car with pick up or drop off available from your hotel.
And has a very large 2 story lodge over looking the floodplains. The accommodation is very comfortable and each cabin is air conditioned.

Matt is a wonderful guide who has plenty of knowledge on hunting here and abroad. And is always full of helpful advice.

Matt also offers the chance to hunt with double rifles for those interested in an open sight big bore adventure.

TOBY458
.300 member

Re: Anyone Hunted With Matt Kelman at Australia Wide Safaris? [Re: PapaScarface]
      #271545 - 09/10/15 07:17 AM

Thanks Scarface! I'm still hoping to hunt with him soon. I'm looking forward to posting the results here.

PapaScarface
.224 member

Reged: 28/08/15
Loc: NSW, Australia
Re: Anyone Hunted With Matt Kelman at Australia Wide Safaris? [Re: TOBY458]
      #272443 - 31/10/15 02:29 PM

An older thread, but incase anyone is weighing up a hunt with Matt from Australia wide safaris.

I have hunted with Matt multiple times now and would recommend it to anyone thinking of chasing a big bull buffalo or anyone looking for a trophy boar, banteng or scrubber. Matt also offers seasonal fishing for barra as well as seasonal geese shooting to fill in your hunt, and has the use of his private airboat to access the floodplains. You can expect to see large numbers of buff and pig each day. With most of the hunting done early morning or late arvo to avoid the mid day heat.

The property itself is about 100,000 acres about 1 1/2-2hr from darwin by car with pick up or drop off available from your hotel or directly from the airport when you land.
And has a very large 2 story lodge over looking the floodplains with all the modcoms to unwind and relax after the days hunting. As well as a pool to cool down in.
The accommodation is very comfortable and each cabin is air conditioned and has running water.

Matt is a wonderful guide who has plenty of knowledge on hunting here and abroad. And is always full of helpful advice.

Matt also offers the chance to hunt with double rifles for those interested in an open sight big bore adventure.

TOBY458
.300 member

Re: Anyone Hunted With Matt Kelman at Australia Wide Safaris? [Re: PapaScarface]
      #273051 - 11/11/15 11:42 PM

Thanks for the info! I'm going in December, so I hope to give a full report as well. Looking forward to it!

Pages: 1

Extra information
0 registered and 7 anonymous users are browsing this forum.

Moderator:   

Print Topic

Forum Permissions
      You cannot start new topics
      You cannot reply to topics
      HTML is disabled
      UBBCode is enabled

Rating:
Topic views: 4608

Rate this topic

Jump to

Contact Us NitroExpress.com