Home | Ezine | Forums | Links | Contact
NitroExpress.com: Nitro Express ammunition

View recent messages : 24 hours | 48 hours | 7 days | 14 days | 30 days | 60 days | More Smilies

*** Enjoy NitroExpress.com? Participate and join in. ***

Double Rifles, Single Shots & Combinations >> Double Rifles

Pages: 1
NitroXAdministrator
.700 member

Reged: 25/12/02
Loc: Barossa Valley, South Australi...
Nitro Express ammunition
      #331500 - 21/08/19 08:05 PM

Seeing the enquiry looking for some Nitro Express ammo, I was wondering, do any custom NE or similar ammo makers still exist? In the USA? In Australia? In Europe?

Please list and also detail any experience or a review on the ammo maker if you have used their ammo.

I played with the idea of NitroExpress.com being a custom ammo maker supplier years ago. In Australia, most guys would be reloading their own, and not want to re-mortgage their house to buy a couple of boxes. In the USA the market is a lot different, but shipping from Oz would be expensive and difficult. Then there was the liability angle. Insurance would be prohibitive, and all you need is someone to blow their fingers off or eye out and ... which can be caused by all sorts of things, such as a mud plugged barrel, but the ammo is usually blamed.

Selling components through NE would be different though. NE needs an income source to keep the funding going.

--------------------
John aka NitroX

Govt get out of our lives NOW!
"I love the smell of cordite in the morning."
"A Sharp spear needs no polish"

Post Extras: Print Post   Remind Me!   Notify Moderator  
crshelton
.333 member

Reged: 10/11/15
Loc: Republic of Texas
Re: Nitro Express ammunition [Re: NitroX]
      #331536 - 22/08/19 06:39 AM

There are several custom ammo houses in the USA to do the loading for those that can not or do not wish to load their own. Without going through an exhaustive list, I will mention one maker and seller of bullets and loaded ammo that has also loaded custom ammo for my self and friends.
Grizzly Cartridge is one example with which I have experience and the custom ammo for African DG performed well. A friend of mine used Superior AMMO to create his ammo for several safaris.

Such ammo may seem expensive, but when compared to the total cost of a DG hunt, seems more reasonable. Whether there is a market for such ammo through Nitro Express, I cannot say. I for one do not need such a service.

--------------------
CRS,NRA Benefactor Member, TSRA, DRSS, DWWC, Whittington Center
Android Ballistics App at http://www.xplat.net/

Ripp
.577 member

Reged: 19/02/07
Loc: Montana, USA
Re: Nitro Express ammunition [Re: crshelton]
      #331544 - 22/08/19 12:28 PM

back in the early to mid 2000's Federal had a good corner on the market over there..then they went insane in prices.. Hornady saw an opening and started producing ammo for 470 and 500NE.. boom the price of Federal come back down.. weird..

Now Norma and Barnes both produce ammo for the 470NE. along with the two mentioned above...and price isn't that bad really.. costs on sites like Midway run $7-$12 per round..

I have not purchased 470NE ammo in a long time..the last time I did any shooting of the 470 it was my own reloads.. shoots incredibly well with the load I have..

--------------------
ALL MEN DIE, BUT FEW MEN TRULY LIVE..

Ripp
.577 member

Reged: 19/02/07
Loc: Montana, USA
Re: Nitro Express ammunition [Re: crshelton]
      #331577 - 22/08/19 11:50 PM

Quote:

There are several custom ammo houses in the USA to do the loading for those that can not or do not wish to load their own. Without going through an exhaustive list, I will mention one maker and seller of bullets and loaded ammo that has also loaded custom ammo for my self and friends.
Grizzly Cartridge is one example with which I have experience and the custom ammo for African DG performed well. A friend of mine used Superior AMMO to create his ammo for several safaris.

Such ammo may seem expensive, but when compared to the total cost of a DG hunt, seems more reasonable. Whether there is a market for such ammo through Nitro Express, I cannot say. I for one do not need such a service.

Make and sell NE cell phone covers.. could have a buffalo, elephant, lion, etc along with the NE emblem.. everyone has a cell phone.. ?? just a thought.

Being in the insurance business I would highly advise staying away from ammo, gun powder, etc in todays current political and legal climate..

--------------------
ALL MEN DIE, BUT FEW MEN TRULY LIVE..

grandveneur
.400 member

Reged: 21/09/08
Loc: France / Germany
Re: Nitro Express ammunition [Re: NitroX]
      #331599 - 23/08/19 06:42 PM

http://www.lfb-munition.com/Kontakt/kontakt.html

Normally i shoot my own reloads but for a short time i used 460WM cartridges from this maker. I cannot report anything negative.

ChrisB
.224 member

Reged: 23/03/18
Loc: North Central Florida, USA
Re: Nitro Express ammunition [Re: grandveneur]
      #331787 - 30/08/19 06:25 AM

I want to start reloading my NE calibers but so far the only big game stuff I reload is .458 winmag and .458 Lott, and 375 h&h.

( and a ton of smaller stuff down to 25 acp and 218 bee ).

Pages: 1

Extra information
0 registered and 127 anonymous users are browsing this forum.

Moderator:  CptCurl 

Print Topic

Forum Permissions
      You cannot start new topics
      You cannot reply to topics
      HTML is disabled
      UBBCode is enabled

Rating:
Topic views: 2468

Rate this topic

Jump to

Contact Us NitroExpress.com