Home | Ezine | Forums | Links | Contact
NitroExpress.com: anyone here ever shoot's a volley gun?

View recent messages : 24 hours | 48 hours | 7 days | 14 days | 30 days | 60 days | More Smilies

*** Enjoy NitroExpress.com? Participate and join in. ***

Double Rifles, Single Shots & Combinations >> 'Classic' Firearms Photos & Archive

Pages: 1 | 2 | (show all)
lancaster
.470 member

Reged: 06/05/08
Loc: There's a lighthouse in the mi...
Re: anyone here ever shoot's a volley gun? [Re: lancaster]
      #350795 - 24/02/21 03:56 PM

french "Bufalo" rifle shooting three 22 extra long bullet at once https://www.naturabuy.fr/BUFFALO-MITRAILLE-MANUFRANCE-6-mm-Extra-long-Parfait-Etat-item-7549905.html

the 22 extra long http://old.municion.org/22altres/22ExtraLong.htm was a black powder round that was dying out when 22 lr with nitro powder came on the market what gives the same V0. this rifle here can be shoot with standard 22 lr ammo. it shoots the three bullets in a 15 cm circle at 100 meter.

--------------------
Norwegian hunter misses moose, shoots man on toilet
bringing civilisation to the barbarians

Post Extras: Print Post   Remind Me!   Notify Moderator  
DarylS
.700 member

Reged: 10/08/05
Loc: Beautiful British Columbia, Ca...
      #350814 - 25/02/21 06:22 AM

That is an interesting rifle indeed.
So heavy and militaristic looking.

--------------------
Daryl

"a gun without hammers is like a Spaniel without ears" King George V

lancaster
.470 member

Re: anyone here ever shoot's a volley gun? [Re: DarylS]
      #350818 - 25/02/21 08:05 AM

iirc, this was some kind of youth trainer in the beginning but you could get it also as a combination gun having a 22 lr rifled barrel and 9 mm flobert rimfire shotgun barrel.
saying barrel is wrong because this was the same very thick barrel you see here but with 2 holes and two trigger.

--------------------

lancaster
.470 member

#356163 - 19/08/21 05:57 AM

without a name, 6 barrel volley gun, 8 mm caliber

https://www.ader-paris.fr/lot/115659/15478880?offset=50&

Perrin Lepage 7 barrel volley gun
https://www.ader-paris.fr/lot/115659/15478881?offset=50&

and a pieper gun in 32 rimfire
https://www.ader-paris.fr/lot/115659/15478886?offset=50&

--------------------

lancaster
.470 member

#376112 - 19/04/23 05:55 AM

fits here https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6-QRS79Ei78
10 barrelled, bolt-action, self-defence pistol

--------------------

DarylS
.700 member

#376113 - 19/04/23 07:07 AM

That top rifle, 3-shot .22LR's into 15 cm @ 100 yards is only 6". That's pretty good regulation.
You wouldn't want that in the chest(or anywhere else, for that matter).

LRF
.333 member

Reged: 28/03/11
Loc: minnesota ,usa
      #376130 - 19/04/23 09:36 PM

Quote:

What I find interesting is the method of constructing the three barrels into one. The fitting together of the 3 "pie" shaped pieces, I am sure was challenging workmanship

lancaster
.470 member

Re: anyone here ever shoot's a volley gun? [Re: LRF]
      #376134 - 19/04/23 11:48 PM

must say,I see this the first time
allways thought they drill three holes into one big blank what seems not technical impossible to me.
its an interesting gun for goose hunting on long range in open terrain when you can't come closer.

--------------------

DarylS
.700 member

#376136 - 20/04/23 02:27 AM

Yes, it is interesting for sure.

--------------------
Daryl

"a gun without hammers is like a Spaniel without ears" King George V

lancaster
.470 member

Re: anyone here ever shoot's a volley gun? [Re: DarylS]
      #376186 - 22/04/23 05:01 AM

its not a volley gun, more some kind of hand held mitrailleuse https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jO3haWrRtrY

Rare Meiji Registered Charles Lancaster Four Barrel Pistol in .476 https://www.invaluable.com/v2/auction-lo...fe1b59bb1ce803b

.476 Revolver. 6.25" barrel cluster. SN: 7761. Blued metal finish, brown patina to trigger, triggerguard, and grips, and checkered walnut birdshead grips. Four barrel rotary firing pin pepperbox pistol utilizing Lancaster oval bore pattern rifling. All four barrels display London proof markings consisting of the {Crown/GP}, {Crown/V}, and the {Lion/G} markings. The flute between the barrels on the left side displays the 476 C.F caliber marking. Further {Crown/V} proofs appear to the breech face behind each chamber. The assembly number 84 is visible on the underside of the frame, on the underside of the barrels, and on the latch. The internals show further number 84 marks on the firing pin components. The hemispherical front sight has been dovetailed into the recessed upper barrel rib. The rib itself bears the maker mark CHARLES LANCASTER (PATENT) 151, NEW BOND ST. LONDON. All four barrels share an automatic ejector. The breech face is marked CHARLES LANCASTER PATENT. The left side frame has been struck with Meiji period markings that read from right to left: 27th year of Meiji Period (Corresponding to the year 1894) No. 1811. The provincial marking at the left hand side is weak and shallower than the others, suggesting the die was well worn when the pistol was registered. Beginning in 1872, firearms in Japan had to be turned in or registered with the government. Each firearm was to be struck with the year, the prefecture where the firearm was registered, and with a registration number. The pistol was originally sold in October 1885 to a Captain Hutcheson and F. Vernon Wentworth. According to Lancaster's archives, the ledger indicates the pistol later passed to a "Captain Hatchedu", but does not have a date for when this happened.

In 1878, Charles Lancaster's son Charles William Lancaster died. Management of the company passed on to Henry Alfred Alexander Thorn, who developed a reputation as both a keen marksman and an inexhaustible inventor. Between 1881 and 1882, Thorn was awarded the patents used for a series of multi-barrel pistols produced between 1882 and 1897. While cartridge revolvers had already proven themselves reliable, accurate, and effective, Thorn's pepperboxes still retained certain advantages over contemporary revolvers in General and the standard issue Enfield Mark II in particular. As David E. Cooley pointed out in his article "Lancaster Multi-Barrel Pistols", Thorn's pepperboxes offered superior performance thanks to their lack of a cylinder gap, a sealed mechanism that was less prone to fouling by dirt or mud, ease of cleaning thanks to their oval bores, and they could be had in calibers large enough to be effective at hunting large game. Furthermore, the slow loading and poor extraction afforded by the Mark II Enfield helped make Lancaster's fast loading pistols even more attractive to military buyers. Indeed, the Lancaster firm of the 1880s and 90s was going through a golden age of innovation and sales, and could count among its clients European Royalty and American Exhibition shooters like Annie Oakley. Still, while Lancaster's highest quality arms had demonstrable benefits, they were produced in relatively modest numbers reflective of their high cost and of the rapid improvement of contemporary handguns. In total, Charles Lancaster produced 946 pistols in both the two and four barrel versions. Of these, 712 were four barrel versions with 85% produced in the large frame for .455 and .476 revolver cartridges.

--------------------

Pages: 1 | 2 | (show all)

Extra information
0 registered and 26 anonymous users are browsing this forum.

Moderator:  CptCurl 

Print Topic

Forum Permissions
      You cannot start new topics
      You cannot reply to topics
      HTML is disabled
      UBBCode is enabled

Rating:
Topic views: 23343

Rate this topic

Jump to

Contact Us NitroExpress.com