Home | Ezine | Forums | Links | Contact
NitroExpress.com: The Puma White Hunter

View recent messages : 24 hours | 48 hours | 7 days | 14 days | 30 days | 60 days | More Smilies

*** Enjoy NitroExpress.com? Participate and join in. ***

Shooting & Reloading - Mausers, Big Bores and others >> Bowhunting + Bows, Spears & Knives

Pages: 1 | 2 | (show all)
DarylS
.700 member

Reged: 10/08/05
Loc: Beautiful British Columbia, Ca...
Re: The Puma White Hunter [Re: 9.3x57]
      #381028 - 08/12/23 05:03 AM

I went to the hockey arena in Dawson Creek for some deal, don't remember what it was, but had to return to my truck and leave my Leatherman there, because the bitch at the door said it was a weapon. There was a sign on the wall: NO WEAPONS

--------------------
Daryl

"a gun without hammers is like a Spaniel without ears" King George V

Post Extras: Print Post   Remind Me!   Notify Moderator  
NitroXAdministrator
.700 member

Reged: 25/12/02
Loc: Barossa Valley, South Australi...
Re: The Puma White Hunter [Re: DarylS]
      #381029 - 08/12/23 05:24 AM

Quote:

I went to the hockey arena in Dawson Creek for some deal, don't remember what it was, but had to return to my truck and leave my Leatherman there, because the bitch at the door said it was a weapon. There was a sign on the wall: NO WEAPONS

I once was going to walk into Parliament House for a meeting with the Police Minister, Police Commissioner and about forty others, and realised I'd left the small Wegener Swiss Army knife as my key ring and also fifty expired, used 9mm brass cases, in a pocket in my manbag ... Oops ... Not going to get through the Police metal detectors with those! A 700 metre fast march to the AU Regiment/Torrens Army Barracks Parade Ground car park and back again. Just made it in time! For one of several years of firearms legislation and regulations meetings.

I think I did take that pocket knife into the Vatican St Paul's Cathedral though. Bag searchs, no x-ray. It was under a flashlight. And no I didn't slash any priceless oil paintings like some nutter did some time before.

The little one here is my Landcruisers key "tag":

Removed from time to time. But it's a useful tool and handy to have. The tweezers have removed many a splinter or thorn. I need a new mini torch.

The other Swiss Army lock back has gutted and skinned deer at need. It needs a sharpen.

Have you ever had to walk back 5 KMs home or to the vehicle in the night through high grasees in summer with poisonous snakes to step on? I always have a decent torch nowadays on me, but lithium batteries just die ... A small spare can be very useful.

--------------------
John aka NitroX

Govt get out of our lives NOW!
"I love the smell of cordite in the morning."
"A Sharp spear needs no polish"

NitroXAdministrator
.700 member

Reged: 25/12/02
Loc: Barossa Valley, South Australi...
Re: The Puma White Hunter [Re: kuduae]
      #381030 - 08/12/23 05:31 AM

That's wonderful detailed information Kuduae. Very informative.

The coup de grace of lunge to the heart I've never done. It is traditional European. For non trophy headskin deer,I've alwayscut their throats. In the farm if the blood is still flowing allows them to bleed out as well , brain shot deer on my farm. Very occasionally still kicking a bit.

--------------------
John aka NitroX

Govt get out of our lives NOW!
"I love the smell of cordite in the morning."
"A Sharp spear needs no polish"

Rule303
.416 member

Reged: 05/07/09
Loc: Woodford Qld
Re: The Puma White Hunter [Re: NitroX]
      #381032 - 08/12/23 07:42 AM

Thanks Kuduae some very interesting history there.

A car being deemed a public place for the purpose of a knife was introduced in to Qld Law about 3 or 4 years ago from memory. However a car is not a public place for any other law only for knives.

Edited by Rule303 (08/12/23 01:11 PM)

yumastepside
.333 member

Reged: 25/10/15
Loc: Tasmania Australia
Re: The Puma White Hunter [Re: Rule303]
      #381035 - 08/12/23 09:31 AM

Similar to Daryl, I was shooting a service pistol match, state titles, at Blacktown range and I had on my belt my S&W MOD 19, Speed loaders, and a small fixed blade knife that I used to remove stuck cases...something that I had been having trouble with..when some "Karen " complained to the range officer and I had to remove the knife !!
I was at a range with several hundred heavily armed people, each with at least one firearm, and up to 40 rounds of ammo and I was asked to remove a small knife ?????

Roger

--------------------
If you live for a thousand years, you still only have one life, don't waste it.

DarylS
.700 member

Reged: 10/08/05
Loc: Beautiful British Columbia, Ca...
Re: The Puma White Hunter [Re: yumastepside]
      #381036 - 08/12/23 10:20 AM

It makes no sense. Roger. Doesn't have to, for idiots to attempt to display power.
I've watched a few U-tube Karen videos - downright brainless, most of them.

--------------------
Daryl

"a gun without hammers is like a Spaniel without ears" King George V

Rule303
.416 member

Reged: 05/07/09
Loc: Woodford Qld
Re: The Puma White Hunter [Re: DarylS]
      #381041 - 08/12/23 01:15 PM

Quote:

It makes no sense. Roger. Doesn't have to, for idiots to attempt to display power.
I've watched a few U-tube Karen videos - downright brainless, most of them.

Yes but they KNOW THEIR RIGHTS. yep this is mainly in their heads watch some going into brain exploding melt down when you ask a series of questions about their rights and if other people have these rights. They answer yes to the last question then ask them how this can be when some of these rights trample on other peoples rights.

I have a couple of knives in my car. Reason is if I am in a prang and have a stuck seat belt I can cut the belt, same if I come across an accident and people have a frozen seat belt.

The coming across an accident with that situation I have come across and had to cut a persons seatbelt. so it is not an improbable situation to come across.

Edited by Rule303 (08/12/23 01:19 PM)

Pages: 1 | 2 | (show all)

Extra information
0 registered and 3 anonymous users are browsing this forum.

Moderator:   

Print Topic

Forum Permissions
      You cannot start new topics
      You cannot reply to topics
      HTML is disabled
      UBBCode is enabled

Rating:
Topic views: 1616

Rate this topic

Jump to

Contact Us NitroExpress.com