Home | Ezine | Forums | Links | Contact
NitroExpress.com: Why-I-hate-the- 270 -- by Bryce M. Towsley

View recent messages : 24 hours | 48 hours | 7 days | 14 days | 30 days | 60 days | More Smilies

*** Enjoy NitroExpress.com? Participate and join in. ***

Shooting & Reloading - Mausers, Big Bores and others >> Rifles

Pages: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | (show all)
Wayne59
.375 member

Reged: 20/06/15
Loc: Lagrange Ga. USA
Re: Why-I-hate-the- 270 -- by Bryce M. Towsley [Re: Ripp]
      #311250 - 28/01/18 11:34 PM

So Rip your telling us your electronics felt inferior. I have a 270 and I just had to sit my TV down and have a hart to Hart.

Post Extras: Print Post   Remind Me!   Notify Moderator  
Rule303
.416 member

Reged: 05/07/09
Loc: Woodford Qld
      #311302 - 29/01/18 07:29 PM

Quote:

Quote:

NE forums go dead because of the .270?! Ha ha, what follow it into the grave? Ha ha. I don't think so.

This thread has been funny. A stupid concept, "Why I hate the .270" - a spurious "fake news" article, just designed to put some words on paper or monitor screens. And sell some advertising by the publisher.

Is it 'nation baiting' to say "the .270 is popular in the USA" but probably not so much elsewhere?

I had a .270 in my house once and my computer and television would no longer work until I removed it from my home..cell phone didn't work either...

Ripp

4seventy
Sponsor

Reged: 07/05/03
Loc: Queensland Australia
      #312903 - 23/02/18 02:03 PM

A pretty strange article IMO.
The writer says that his hate for the 270 is based on poor kills and wounded game, experienced by himself and others over a long period of time.
Then he finishes up by saying that he still owns 'several' 270's and still hunts with them, despite the hating and the wounding!

Personally I've never found the need to hate the 270, or any other cartridge that I've used for that matter.
I do like some cartridges more than others though.
Never found the need to like or dislike a cartridge based on liking or disliking a particular gun writer either.

My first 270 was bought back in 1979, and since then I think I've owned and used a total of five different bolt rifles in that chambering.

I think anyone who is constantly having problems killing game with the 270 Win, must be having problems with bullet placement, bullet performance, or both.

Pages: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | (show all)

Extra information
0 registered and 14 anonymous users are browsing this forum.

Moderator:   

Print Topic

Forum Permissions
      You cannot start new topics
      You cannot reply to topics
      HTML is disabled
      UBBCode is enabled

Rating:
Topic views: 7978

Rate this topic

Jump to

Contact Us NitroExpress.com