Home | Ezine | Forums | Links | Contact
NitroExpress.com: Pipe Tobacco Recipes

View recent messages : 24 hours | 48 hours | 7 days | 14 days | 30 days | 60 days | More Smilies

*** Enjoy NitroExpress.com? Participate and join in. ***

Miscellaneous Topics >> Recipes, food, wine & beverages

Pages: 1
iwantadouble
.300 member

Reged: 06/06/05
Loc: Gallatin County, Montana
Pipe Tobacco Recipes
      #47090 - 20/01/06 08:23 AM

I do not know how many of the members are pipe smokers, if any, but I figured I would share the two latest blends of pipe tobacco I have been smoking. My own favorite pipe is a well seasoned Royal Duke of Dundee. For a cheap pipe, it smokes great, and far better than a costly meerschaum I used to have.

First is a standard light and black cavandish blend of 50% each of prefered brands. Nothing outstandingly fancy there, but a good relaxing smoke, that seems to give me less 'bite' than Captain Black's or similar store blends when I was intentionally testing for the bite factor.

My second pet blend of late is a flavored cavandish blend of 33% black, 33% light, and 33% of rum infused light and black cavandish blend. To infuse, I mix the blend, spread out on a cookie sheet for a few days to dry it out, then spray rum (I use Bacardi Gold for this, I recommend against the overproofs, as my experiment with 151 was less than desirable) from a spray bottle like throat sprays come in. I then place a couple of sheets of paper towel over the moistened tobacco and let stay overnight before transfering into a sealed jar with the other two thirds parts to this recipe. While good pipe smoking habits might play a role in the ability of the smoke to bite the tongue more so than than anything, I will note that as with all flavored blends, when intentionally trying to get a bite from the smoke, this is easier than the first.

Aside from my initial tests of deliberately trying to find bite in the smokes, I have not had any from either blend since. Depending on my mood, where I decide to light my pipe, and if I am indulging in a beverage or not determines which I will smoke, but these are the best two blends I have come across in my experimenting.

--------------------
500 is a nice round number, either followed by "Nitro Express" or by "cubic inch displacement".

Post Extras: Print Post   Remind Me!   Notify Moderator  
AdamTayler
.375 member

Reged: 22/03/04
Loc: B.C.
Re: Pipe Tobacco Recipes [Re: iwantadouble]
      #49078 - 03/02/06 01:54 PM

People smoking pipes up here use a special "herb", and a few of them grow it themselves.

--------------------
It's the journey, not the destination.

gryphon
.450 member

Reged: 01/01/03
Loc: Sambar ground/Victoria/Austral...
Re: Pipe Tobacco Recipes [Re: iwantadouble]
      #49135 - 04/02/06 07:32 AM

IWD you certainly like your pipe mate

I can taste that mix right now..sounds bloody good !

--------------------
Get off the chair away from the desk and get out in the bush and enjoy life.

iwantadouble
.300 member

Reged: 06/06/05
Loc: Gallatin County, Montana
Re: Pipe Tobacco Recipes [Re: gryphon]
      #49154 - 04/02/06 03:05 PM

I love my pipe. I find it very relaxing. I will need to pick up some more supplies in the near future, as my last blended batch is running low. I might be biased because of my fondness for the taste of both rum and cavandish blend tobaccos, but I seem to think they are very tasty and aromatic blends.

--------------------
500 is a nice round number, either followed by "Nitro Express" or by "cubic inch displacement".

Pages: 1

Extra information
0 registered and 2 anonymous users are browsing this forum.

Moderator:  NitroX 

Print Topic

Forum Permissions
      You cannot start new topics
      You cannot reply to topics
      HTML is disabled
      UBBCode is enabled

Rating:
Topic views: 1611

Rate this topic

Jump to

Contact Us NitroExpress.com