Home | Ezine | Forums | Links | Contact
NitroExpress.com: Advice/Experience on Army & Navy "Jungle Gun".

View recent messages : 24 hours | 48 hours | 7 days | 14 days | 30 days | 60 days | More Smilies

*** Enjoy NitroExpress.com? Participate and join in. ***

Double Rifles, Single Shots & Combinations >> Paradox and Bore Guns

Pages: 1 | 2 | (show all)
CommandCar
.333 member

Reged: 18/09/10
Loc: East Coast, USA
Re: Advice/Experience on Army & Navy "Jungle Gun". [Re: ejsxs]
      #249255 - 20/06/14 10:22 AM

Definitely a Webley from what I see. I've seen Army Navies with an additional set of Webley serial #'s on the underside of the barrels before... My evans (paradox choke) has the same action. According to Roger Lake, on a phone call, Webley had a "paradox" room in their factory at this time. They made many (most) of the ball guns and barreled actions for the trade (including lower grade hollands - we need Vol II!). I would use the same load as gungadog settled on in his Lancaster (likely webley too!), except you might has well use 2 3/4" hulls. You may substitute plastic hulls if necessary and can use standard plastic wads with the pedals cut off. Graeme Wright's book (3rd edition) has a pretty good selection of loads, but either blue dot or unique seem to stand out as the favored flavors.

The mould I recommend is from Jim Allison at CBE. It is 735-735 paradox style fosbery slug. The slugs are about .734 or so from the mould. You want the short flat point solid, not the hollow point. http://www.castbulletengineering.com.au/

Sorry about the component problems & issues down there.

Was the owner a Chilean out for Jaguar?

Good Luck.

Edited by CommandCar (20/06/14 01:28 PM)

Post Extras: Print Post   Remind Me!   Notify Moderator  
ejsxs
.224 member

Reged: 29/03/08
Loc: NA
Re: Advice/Experience on Army & Navy "Jungle Gun". [Re: CommandCar]
      #249304 - 22/06/14 01:19 AM

CommandCar,

The previous owner and the gun lived in France, but it would make a nice hunting gun for that cat (Jaguar is not native here). My interest is primarily after wild boar in Southern Chile. A second option would be local wild cattle in the same area (it seems to be not as agressive as the Aussie version). A third one would be red deer in dense temperate forest. In any case these three species tend to overlap down south.

Thanks very much for your imput, I think should be following Doug's path somehow. First thing is to make a long term plan in order to be ready next southern hunting season.

Regards,

EJSXS

Post Extras: Print Post   Remind Me!   Notify Moderator  
Pages: 1 | 2 | (show all)

Extra information
0 registered and 10 anonymous users are browsing this forum.

Moderator:  tinker 

Print Topic

Forum Permissions
      You cannot start new topics
      You cannot reply to topics
      HTML is disabled
      UBBCode is enabled

Rating:
Topic views: 10794

Rate this topic

Jump to

Contact Us NitroExpress.com