Home | Ezine | Forums | Links | Contact
NitroExpress.com: .375 on a Sheep hunt??

View recent messages : 24 hours | 48 hours | 7 days | 14 days | 30 days | 60 days | More Smilies

*** Enjoy NitroExpress.com? Participate and join in. ***

Hunting >> Hunting in the Americas

Pages: 1 | 2 | (show all)
Ripp
.577 member

Reged: 19/02/07
Loc: Montana, USA
Re: .375 on a Sheep hunt?? [Re: allenday]
      #83460 - 03/08/07 06:06 AM

Quote:

I've done a combination sheep/grizzly and carried a 300 Win. Mag. with complete confidence. If you can't kill any mountain grizzly stone-dead with a 300 Win. Mag. and strong 180 gr. bullets, you won't be able to kill him with anything else. I'd be happy to hunt sheep and grizzly, for that matter, with a light 30-06 as well.

A 375 H&H is just too big and heavy a rifle to carry on mountains hunts, and it's completely unnecessary in the first place............sort of like putting on hip boots in the face of an April shower!

AD

Totally agree with the above--I have used a 300 Win for over 30 years--for one thing or another--what some do when in an area such is this is use the 180 grain bullets for the actual sheep hunt--and load up some 200 or heavier for the trip back to camp with the meat on your back.. If you are being charged by a grizzly your shots will be very close ..

Having said that--both myself and several friends have shot grizzlies with a 7mm or 300 Win mag with no problems what so ever---IMHO this is not a hunt for a .375...

Ripp

--------------------
ALL MEN DIE, BUT FEW MEN TRULY LIVE..

Post Extras: Print Post   Remind Me!   Notify Moderator  
Pages: 1 | 2 | (show all)

Extra information
0 registered and 17 anonymous users are browsing this forum.

Moderator:   

Print Topic

Forum Permissions
      You cannot start new topics
      You cannot reply to topics
      HTML is disabled
      UBBCode is enabled

Rating:
Topic views: 5091

Rate this topic

Jump to

Contact Us NitroExpress.com