Home | Ezine | Forums | Links | Contact
NitroExpress.com: Need some money fast

View recent messages : 24 hours | 48 hours | 7 days | 14 days | 30 days | 60 days | More Smilies

*** Enjoy NitroExpress.com? Participate and join in. ***

Shooting & Reloading - Mausers, Big Bores and others >> Muzzleloaders & Blackpowder

Pages: 1 | 2 | 3 | >> (show all)
szihn
.400 member

Reged: 24/06/07
Loc: United States
Re: Need some money fast [Re: Raff]
      #95666 - 01/02/08 12:13 PM

Thank you again M4220, for your kindness and your generosity.
I wish I were a better wordsmith. Alas, I am only a gunsmith. I would write to you all in a way that would express my thanks, but i can't find the words.

"Thank you all so much" seems so weak in comparison to what I feel.

Steve.

Raff, as it turns out, I may have to have 2 addresses to mail to.

I was told today that the Emergency Room Billing Department is different than the Doctor's billing department.
I have yet to get the straight scoop on the details, but I should know something on Monday.

THANKS YOU AGAIN!
Steve

Post Extras: Print Post   Remind Me!   Notify Moderator  
Ripp
.577 member

Reged: 19/02/07
Loc: Montana, USA
Re: Need some money fast [Re: szihn]
      #95674 - 01/02/08 01:28 PM

Quote:

My Doctor is;
Dr. Dennis Lewis
1005 College View Dr.
Riverton Wyoming [82501]
Account number is 004352
for Steve Zions

***I called the doctors office today to get the info as I did not have Steve's last name..I was provided the info shown above and they stated this would get it there as long as we have the account number attached which is shown above.--004352

They (the doctors office) are well aware of what WE are doing and they told me to tell all of you that they are very impressed and we have restored their faith in humanity.

Well done everyone

Ripp

--------------------
ALL MEN DIE, BUT FEW MEN TRULY LIVE..

JabaliHunter
.400 member

Reged: 16/05/07
Loc: England
Re: Need some money fast [Re: Raff]
      #95695 - 01/02/08 08:58 PM

Raff - if you are willing, that is a really great offer. Paypal would make this really easy for us overseas folks. Please can you PM me your paypal email address?
Unless - Steve, do you have your own paypal account?

Rockdoc
.400 member

Reged: 07/12/06
Loc: NSW, Australia
Re: Need some money fast [Re: JabaliHunter]
      #95715 - 02/02/08 01:52 AM

Steve

PM me your account details and i will send, i need swift code ( your bank will give it to you) and bank details. I think that this is the only way i can send $'s from here with my setup.

Hope all turns out well, i've had a couple of colonoscopies and due for another .

Best wishes, Chris

szihn
.400 member

Re: Need some money fast [Re: Rockdoc]
      #95732 - 02/02/08 03:27 AM

Hi JabaliHunter and RockDoc.

No, I don't have a PayPal account. In fact, I don't even have a bank account or a credit card, and I never have in my whole life.

I did call Doctor Lewis and ask about direct transfer of funds from overseas, but they said the only way they could take them was if a check was sent. They also are not "set up" for such things, and the bank they use in at some corporate office ---- in another state.
The lady I talked to said that if funds were sent to the bank, that they would not be credited to my account at Dr. Lewis's office. She said there was no way to get it done that way.

Now I was surprised at her saying this, but as someone that have NO experience with banking at all, I can't say if she's right or wrong.
I did find out that I cannot get a Paypal account either BECAUSE I don't have a credit card or a bank account.

So it seems checks and bank drafts sent to Dr Lewis directly by Postal Mail is the only way.
And now I have to find out which funds have to go to which office. The Emergency Room is not the same business office as the Doctor's office. The E.R. is the one that's billing me $2400 for the 4 hours I was there (in which they did very close to nothing) and the other monies for the needed operation has nothing to do with them.

Things here are not always easy, but I guess it's better than being bored.

God bless you guys.
Steve

JabaliHunter
.400 member

Reged: 16/05/07
Loc: England
      #95740 - 02/02/08 04:29 AM

No worries Steve - I'll work it out with Raff.
Hope it all works out and I look forward to meeting you one day around a campfire up there in Wyoming.
All the best

mehulkamdar
.416 member

Reged: 09/01/04
Loc: State of Ill-Annoy USA.
      #95786 - 02/02/08 04:49 PM

Steve,

Sorry - I didn;t log on earlier and didn;t see this post. Check will be in the mail tomorrow. We need you to get well asap and be back posting here! You have zero excuse except to do exactly this and fast.

--------------------
The Ark was made by amateurs. Experts built the Titanic.

Mehul Kamdar

szihn
.400 member

Re: Need some money fast [Re: mehulkamdar]
      #95806 - 02/02/08 07:01 PM

Thank you so much Mehul

You are a true friend, and I have not yet met you.
Someday we will have that venison steak dinner together.
I'll cook!

God bless You.
Steve

Rockdoc
.400 member

Reged: 07/12/06
Loc: NSW, Australia
      #95820 - 03/02/08 03:21 AM

Ok. Is there anyone i can send money to as i described in my previous post for Steve? From here i can only really send via electronic bank transfer.

Steve, trust all is well when you get scoped. The procedure is ok, just praying the outcome is too.

Best wishes, Chris

szihn
.400 member

#95830 - 03/02/08 11:29 AM

Thank You RockDoc
I will ask around, maybe at my church. I will see if there is anyone that could receive it for me.
It's Saturday night here, and of course, the banks are all closed on Sundays too, so I don't think I can find out anything until Monday morning.

I will ask some friends of mine if they know what a "swift code" is, and if they do business with any backs that might receive such a thing.
Thanks you SO MUCH for trying. Thank you --- even if we are not able to receive the money.
Thanks you so much for caring.
God bless you.
Steve

.275 member

Reged: 26/01/07
Loc: Wangaratta/Victoria/Australia
      #95831 - 03/02/08 11:39 AM

Steve,
Sorry to hear about your plight, I wish to contribute a small amount $10 as I can not afford much i.e. 5 kids,mortgage, casual work etc I am sorry it can not be more , I can use this PayPal if it saves costs How does this PAYPAL work? also to members reading this I was going to post earlier but when some members donate a few hundred dollars you feel a bit funny you can only afford a few dollars so you think my contribution will not matter but thinking about it there is probably quite a number people thinking like me so if everyone can contribute their $1 or $5 or $10 or what ever they can, it will make a difference. I hope these tests bring good news for you.

Ripp
.577 member

#95832 - 03/02/08 11:43 AM

Quote:

Ok. Is there anyone i can send money to as i described in my previous post for Steve? From here i can only really send via electronic bank transfer.

Steve, trust all is well when you get scoped. The procedure is ok, just praying the outcome is too.

Best wishes, Chris

ROCDOC

PM me and I will attempt to take care of it for you.

Thx
Ripp

--------------------

Ripp
.577 member

Re: Need some money fast [Re: 308]
      #95833 - 03/02/08 11:48 AM

Quote:

Steve,
Sorry to hear about your plight, I wish to contribute a small amount $10 as I can not afford much i.e. 5 kids,mortgage, casual work etc I am sorry it can not be more , I can use this PayPal if it saves costs How does this PAYPAL work? also to members reading this I was going to post earlier but when some members donate a few hundred dollars you feel a bit funny you can only afford a few dollars so you think my contribution will not matter but thinking about it there is probably quite a number people thinking like me so if everyone can contribute their $1 or $5 or $10 or what ever they can, it will make a difference. I hope these tests bring good news for you.

I felt this might be the case...but your statements are 100% correct..it does not matter whether its 5, 10 or 2000.. every little bit helps in a case like this..

Not sure about the rest of you but at one time in my life I had a grand sum of $43. to my name due to unforseen circumstances..made the big turn around because someone helped me..and have been thankful ever since...

There are few greater deeds one can do in this world than to help his fellow man--not preaching, just how I feel.

Ripp

--------------------

szihn
.400 member

Re: Need some money fast [Re: Ripp]
      #95840 - 03/02/08 01:34 PM

308, I appreciate your thought and your help. I remember the story of the Widow's mite in the Bible.
God doesn't look at amounts. He looks at the heart.

And I can tell you, what ever you send, including prayers to God for help, it's more appreciated than I can express.
I have always been in good shape and I have always been the guy that went to help others. I somehow never saw myself as the one that would need the help.
Maybe there's big lesson in all this for me.

I feel so humbled and so honored that you men would help me. I am just a simple man living in the country, in the least populated State in the USA. "All by myself in the middle of nowhere"

All my life I have been the one that’s stood in for the needs of others. I have been the one that was called, when people needed help. And I was honored that I could do something to help them. I have made a lot of friends over the years. The Bible teaches us that if a man wants a friend he must first show himself to be friendly.

But I have never met any of you men. I have never been able to fill a need for a one of you, and none of you have ever set eyes on me.
Now -- when I am in need, it’s as if God himself sent you to me, through this internet connection, and you are giving to me........a total stranger. Just a simple man, thousands of miles away.

It’s overwhelming to me.
I wish I were a better writer.
But all I can do is to say THANK YOU with all my heart.
I pray our Heavenly Father will bless you all back 10 fold, and more, for the care you have for me.
Me!
Just a simple man that you don’t know.

“when you do these thing for the least of my brothers, you do them unto me”

God bless you all..
Steve

szihn
.400 member

#95841 - 03/02/08 01:40 PM

Ripp, I want to thank you again.

I believe I will be able to pay those bills and get the operation I need. Somehow it seems as if I am not alone anymore.

God be with you.
Steve

Ripp
.577 member

#95886 - 04/02/08 02:35 AM

Quote:

I believe I will be able to pay those bills and get the operation I need. Somehow it seems as if I am not alone anymore.

God be with you.
Steve

Steve

As I mentioned to you in a PM...I have been blessed enough in my life which has enabled me to do this--so the thanks goes to God above..not me..

Glad you can have your surgery..so this has been a success which is awesome..

I would like to thank everyone who felt moved to help Steve at this time of need in his life..truly remarkable in many ways..

Thank you

Ripp

--------------------

Rolf
.333 member

Reged: 26/02/07
Loc: Germany, Bavaria
      #95905 - 04/02/08 06:17 AM

Hello Steve,

we did not have mail contact before, but I just read the post from Ripp and I was touched, I want to send 100 Euro.
Is there a possibility to send the money without being harshly taxed by the bank for making a transfer from Germany to US?

I would also send you the money in an envelope, please make a suggestion.

best wishes for your health!
Rolf

szihn
.400 member

Re: Need some money fast [Re: Rolf]
      #95906 - 04/02/08 06:29 AM

Thank You Rolf!!!!!!!!!!!

I have received some money from the UK and Germany. Just cash. It was just mailed to me by the Post Office, and I have to get it exchanged into US Dollars. The banks do take about 10% to exchange it, but I don't know of another way. I am trying to figure something out now. I have to wait until tomorrow morning to get some answers.

I have had customers from Germany send me money by Fed-Ex and by UPS in the past, and they send US Dollars, but I don't know where they got them in Germany. Maybe a military base.
?????

I don't want to be a burden on you or anyone else. Just sending the money is enough of a burden. I feel deeply touched that you would help in the first place.
God bless you.
Steve

Ripp
.577 member

#95983 - 05/02/08 12:59 AM

Several other members have PM me to forward money for Steve./ If anyone else needs my help to do so please advise..

Thank you

Ripp

--------------------

bpesteve
.300 member

Reged: 18/11/03
Loc: Sunset side up
      #96048 - 06/02/08 03:44 AM

Steve, when you discover the right address and account number for the Emergency Room bill please let us know so we can take that one down too. Hang in there!

szihn
.400 member

Re: Need some money fast [Re: bpesteve]
      #96055 - 06/02/08 04:16 AM

Thank You So much bpeSteve.

I am now trying to get a final bill from the emergency room.
They gave me a bill ($2,381 for 4 hours of time, in which they did almost nothing) and on that bill there were 9 lines in the itemization that were for services that they never did for me.
I pointed this out to the business office and they got all upset at me. Said I should "just pay it"
Well, I can't pay it, and if I were a wealthy man I WOULD NOT pay it if I am being billed for something that they never did!
So now they are going to 'go over the bill" and send me another one. The woman there threatened me and said if I made her do that she'd "find things that I was not being billed for now, and put them on the bill too"
What a crock!

Maybe I should send them a bill for a very high end German Jaeger and get them to pay me enough for me to turn the money around and pay all the things they want me to pay them for.
The fact that I didn't make the rifle, and the fact that I never delivered it to them seems to make no difference --------- if I play the game by the rules they are trying to set.

But with all that said, I can't pay them a thing yet, because by law, if I pay ANYTHING on a bill they send to me I am acknowledging that the bill has merit and so I must wait until I get this bill ironed out and all the details legitimized before I pay the 1st dollar, or I will be stuck paying it all, even if it's in error (or even a deliberate fraud)

I will let you know as soon as I get the bill in it's corected form.

I can't thenk you enough , but as you can see, I must wait until everything is in order---- or I would cause myself even greater problems.

Steve

DarylSModerator
.700 member

Reged: 10/08/05
Loc: Beautiful British Columbia, Ca...
      #96077 - 06/02/08 08:25 AM

Steve - do you have any friends who wear a uniform or are lawyers?

--------------------
Daryl

"a gun without hammers is like a Spaniel without ears" King George V

szihn
.400 member

Re: Need some money fast [Re: DarylS]
      #96079 - 06/02/08 08:48 AM

I have any friends that wear uniforms of the US armed forces, and a few police too, but none are in a position to help.
And I don't know any lawyers on a friendly basis.
Why do you ask? What idea did you come up with. I think I must have misses something here.
Steve

Ripp
.577 member

Re: Need some money fast [Re: bpesteve]
      #96097 - 06/02/08 01:33 PM

Quote:

Steve, when you discover the right address and account number for the Emergency Room bill please let us know so we can take that one down too. Hang in there!

THIS IS THE ADDRESS I SENT THE MONEY TOO AND KNOW THEY RECEIVED IT..

Dr. Dennis Lewis
1005 College View Dr.
Riverton, Wyoming [82501]
USA

Account number is 004352
for Steve Zions

I WAS ALSO ASKED BY A MEMBER TO EXPLAIN HEALTH CARE IN THE USA.. THERE IS NO SOCIALIZED MEDICAL PROGRAM--IF YOU CAN AFFORD IT, ONE HAS HEALTH INSURANCE THAT WILL PAY FOR A BULK OF MEDICAL EXPENSES --HOWEVER HEALTH INSURANCE CAN BE QUITE EXPENSIVE AS IT IS AND PROBABLY ABOUT 40% OF THE POPULATION DOES NOT HAVE IT..SO FOR THIS PARTICULAR ITEM.. WE ARE BASICALLY ALL STEVE HAS..TOO MY KNOWLEDGE..

THANK YOU

RIPP

--------------------

szihn
.400 member

#96115 - 06/02/08 04:11 PM

Yes Ripp
You are 100% correct.
the only thing I see here I need to correct is that the name is Zihn, not Zions
But everything else is accurate.
And you are correct. Healt care in the USA is beyond reason as far as cost, and health insurance can and does often cost as much as a small house in monthly payments.
That's why a LOT of US citizens don't have it.

It's just not available to those that don't have the money, and life and death mean nothing to those that would get rich at the peoples expense.

Pay of die. If you accept the "treatments" and can't pay, you loose your home.

That's the sad reality of it.

But I have friends that are helping me, and I can't express my feelings of thanks.
I can't repay you all, and I know that. What's more, I am sure you all know it too.
that's why I pray for God to repay you all. Your gifts have been the most pure of all. the ones that come from the heart of compassion.
God Bless You, every one.
Steve

Pages: 1 | 2 | 3 | >> (show all)

Extra information
0 registered and 0 anonymous users are browsing this forum.

Moderator:  DarylS 

Print Topic

Forum Permissions
      You cannot start new topics
      You cannot reply to topics
      HTML is disabled
      UBBCode is enabled

Rating:
Topic views: 11978

Rate this topic

Jump to

Contact Us NitroExpress.com