Home | Ezine | Forums | Links | Contact
NitroExpress.com: Wild boar storms church in Frankfurt

View recent messages : 24 hours | 48 hours | 7 days | 14 days | 30 days | 60 days | More Smilies

*** Enjoy NitroExpress.com? Participate and join in. ***

Hunting >> Hunting in Europe

Pages: 1
Kalunga
.333 member

Reged: 16/06/06
Loc: Germany
Wild boar storms church in Frankfurt
      #119719 - 29/11/08 09:01 AM

a funny story about a wild boar in Germany :

http://www.spiegel.de/international/zeitgeist/0,1518,593287,00.html

Also very funny is the link at the bottom:

http://www.spiegel.de/international/zeitgeist/0,1518,554831,00.html

Kalunga

Post Extras: Print Post   Remind Me!   Notify Moderator  
larcher
.416 member

Reged: 11/01/05
Loc: Saverne, Alsace, France
Re: Wild boar storms church in Frankfurt [Re: Kalunga]
      #119770 - 29/11/08 06:28 PM

Ich kan nicht die Webseiten lesen??
I can't reach the Spiegel's webpages?

I am really on my toes. 2 years ago my main gamekeeper pushed a boar in a classroom crammed with computers, no computer survived.
Again last year, he pushed a boar in a basement, sheer havoc guaranteed, even the washer was broken, let alone the body of the car
I wish this year will be uneventful.

--------------------
"I don't want to create an encyclopedic atmosphere here when we might be having a beer instead" P H Capstick in "Safari the last adventure."

larcher
.416 member

#119771 - 29/11/08 06:32 PM

Ich kann nicht die Webseiten lesen??
I can't reach the Spiegel's webpages?

I am really on my toes. 2 years ago my main gamekeeper pushed a boar in a classroom crammed with computers, no computer survived.
Again last year, he pushed a boar in a basement, sheer havoc guaranteed, even the washer was broken, let alone the body of the car
I wish this year will be uneventful.

funny your post, I was just explaining chase hunting in the African hunting forum and quoted the case of a game seeking refuge in a church,
MERCY for chased game

--------------------
"I don't want to create an encyclopedic atmosphere here when we might be having a beer instead" P H Capstick in "Safari the last adventure."

Kalunga
.333 member

Re: Wild boar storms church in Frankfurt [Re: larcher]
      #119774 - 29/11/08 06:45 PM

Sorry I don`t know what went wrong. I tried to copy the correct address again but with the same result.

You may try: www.spiegel.de and look for the article at the english site, which can be found farther down on the right side. There You see the link to the article "Belly of the Beast: Wild Boar Storms Frankfurt Church".

Kalunga

500Nitro
.450 member

Reged: 06/01/03
Loc: Victoria, Australia
      #119775 - 29/11/08 06:51 PM

Kalunga

The only thing wrog with you link is that this part "1518,554831,00.html" is not live but if someone cuts
and pastes the whole link, it works fine.

http://www.spiegel.de/international/zeitgeist/0,1518,593287,00.html

larcher
.416 member

Re: Wild boar storms church in Frankfurt [Re: 500Nitro]
      #119777 - 29/11/08 08:05 PM

Wild Boar Storms Frankfurt Church

On Thursday morning an uninvited guest showed up to a breakfast-meeting of Frankfurt mothers with young children. Despite the shock of seeing a wild boar burst through the glass door of a church, nobody was injured.

Over the last several months, turmoil in the international economy has made Frankfurt on the Main, Europe's financial capital, a pretty scary place to live. Still, the city's Martinus Evangelical Church got a special shock on Thursday as a rampaging wild boar burst through a glass porch door and terrorized a group of 10 mothers eating breakfast with their young children.

Wild boars can be dangerous and terrifying. Even city-dwellers are threatened.
Zoom
DPA

Wild boars can be dangerous and terrifying. Even city-dwellers are threatened.
The mothers, who dine regularly in the church as part of a "mini-club," were seated with their offspring, ages one to three, at small, appropriately-sized children's tables. At about 11 a.m., police reports indicate that a feral beast leapt into the room through a glass door, shattering its pane into hundreds of pieces. The boar then dashed frantically around the room before exiting through the very same portal from which it had made its violent entrance.

The mothers and children took cover by getting up on top of the tables and chairs, and although no one was hurt, all were visibly rattled when the police arrived later. According to the police report, the parish is providing "psychological support" for all those who need it.

Victims of the attack told police that the boar, suspected to be female, sustained injuries from crashing through the glass. After briefly running around the room, the wild sow ran back toward the cemetery, suggesting that she may have been just as frightened by the encounter as were the shaken members of the breakfast club.

--------------------

peter
removed

Reged: 11/04/07
Loc: denmark
Re: Wild boar storms church in Frankfurt [Re: larcher]
      #119783 - 29/11/08 11:55 PM

sounds like that pig had an urge for religion.

peter

9.3x57
.450 member

Reged: 22/04/07
Loc: United States
Re: Wild boar storms church in Frankfurt [Re: peter]
      #119792 - 30/11/08 01:46 AM

Great story Kalunga!!!

Here in Idaho there would have been a lot of pushing and shoving between the Mom's, most of whom would have reached in their purses, grabbed their carry guns and competed to be first to draw blood.

I'm thinking the only "psychological support" necessary would have been provided for those who didn't get in a shot.

Fortunate it was a breakfast club...guess who brought the bacon!!

--------------------
What are the Rosary, the Cross or the Crucifix other than tools to help maintain the fortress of our faith in Jesus Christ, the Son of God?

Kalunga
.333 member

Re: Wild boar storms church in Frankfurt [Re: 9.3x57]
      #119803 - 30/11/08 05:27 AM

Here the other story, this time the black bandits helped the police:

Wild Boar Help Police Round up Car Thieves

A duo of young car thieves were thwarted in their attempt to evade police capture on Wednesday night when some wild boar got in their way. Police had to rescue one of the suspects from a herd of wild boar defending their young.

Wild Boar helped police catch a pair of car thieves.
Wild boar have had some bad press recently in Germany with increasing numbers of the animals venturing into cities in search of food. However, late on Wednesday night the feral creatures made something of a contribution to law and order by helping police round up some crime suspects.

The incident happened when police in the eastern village of Schönberg spotted two 18-year-olds in a sport utility vehicle that had been reported stolen three days previously and gave chase. The two car thieves then rammed the patrol car before swerving into a corn field to escape. According to police in the state of Mecklenburg-Western Pomerania, the delinquent duo then got stuck in a piece of forest and decided to flee by foot.

The police officers managed to nab one of the suspects immediately but the other was surrounded by a herd of wild boar intent on protecting their young. The police freed the young man from his perilous situation and promptly arrested him.

smd/dpa

Kalunga

Nighthawk
.224 member

Reged: 12/02/07
Loc: Belgium
      #120933 - 12/12/08 12:19 AM

Quote:

The police freed the young man from his perilous situation

Now why did they do that?

Kalunga
.333 member

Re: Wild boar storms church in Frankfurt [Re: Nighthawk]
      #120966 - 12/12/08 05:22 AM

Nighthawk, I guess it has to do with some human rights shit. Criminals are protected by law here in Germany (especially the big ones !).

500Nitro
.450 member

Reged: 06/01/03
Loc: Victoria, Australia
      #120967 - 12/12/08 06:04 AM

They should have let the pigs rip him a few times in the legs and guts, that would have taught him a lesson.

xausa
.400 member

Reged: 07/03/07
Loc: Tennessee, USA
Re: Wild boar storms church in Frankfurt [Re: 500Nitro]
      #120990 - 12/12/08 10:15 AM

Two years ago, the 90 year old mother of a banker friend of mine was sitting at a desk in the bank, opposite one of the bank officers, when a whitetail buck came crashing through the window, landed on the desk, continued on into the bank, got into the tellers' cages, and was finally corralled in the bank president's office, which it proceeded to trash. Eventually the animal control officers arrived and tranquilized the frantic animal. How it was then disposed of has not been revealed.

The bank is located one block from the center of town (population 10,000). The nearest wooded area which might shelter deer is a couple of hundred yards away. It is not known whether the buck intended to make a deposit or a withdrawal, but he was determined to have made several deposits in the bank president's office. Shortly after the commotion subsided, a "NO HUNTING" sigh was found posted on the bank door.

Story
.333 member

Reged: 15/10/08
Loc: SE PA, USA
Re: Wild boar storms church in Frankfurt [Re: xausa]
      #132351 - 15/04/09 09:55 AM

What is it with Boars and churchs?
http://www.thelocal.se/18848/20090414/

A wild boar attacked a woman out walking her dog in a graveyard in Gothenburg on Tuesday morning.
The woman was out walking her dog in the woods at Västra Kykogården cemetery at 7am this morning when she came face to face with a large wild boar, according to local newspaper Göteborgs-Posten.
A hunter employed by the Church of Sweden was later able to confirm that in fact two wild boars had been out in the graveyard.

With silver bullets, no doubt.

Pages: 1

Extra information
0 registered and 7 anonymous users are browsing this forum.

Moderator:   

Print Topic

Forum Permissions
      You cannot start new topics
      You cannot reply to topics
      HTML is disabled
      UBBCode is enabled

Rating:
Topic views: 3808

Rate this topic

Jump to

Contact Us NitroExpress.com