Home | Ezine | Forums | Links | Contact
NitroExpress.com: new poster here

View recent messages : 24 hours | 48 hours | 7 days | 14 days | 30 days | 60 days | More Smilies

*** Enjoy NitroExpress.com? Participate and join in. ***

Double Rifles, Single Shots & Combinations >> Double Rifles

Pages: 1
AKA
.224 member

Reged: 21/02/04
Loc: california
new poster here
      #42734 - 02/12/05 07:30 AM

Dont mind me..Just reading up on doubles..steve

Post Extras: Print Post   Remind Me!   Notify Moderator  
clark7781
.375 member

Reged: 28/10/04
Loc: Fairfax County, Virginia, USA
Re: new poster here [Re: AKA]
      #42735 - 02/12/05 07:36 AM

Steve:

I see you took my advice on AR (I go by 577NitroExpress over there) and came on over.

Welcome to the club. Lots of good DR resources here.

--------------------
Clark

Double Rifle Shooters Society
.500 NE and .577 NE

mickey
.416 member

Reged: 05/01/03
Loc: Pend Oreille Valley, Idaho
Re: new poster here [Re: clark7781]
      #42736 - 02/12/05 07:38 AM

AKA

Welcome to the world of Double Rifles. Feel free to ask about anything that comes to mind. A search of the archives will help educate you quickly.

--------------------
Lovu Zdar
Mick

A Man of Pleasure, Enterprise, Wit and Spirit Rare Books, Big Game Hunting, English Rifles, Fishing, Explosives, Chauvinism, Insensitivity, Public Drunkenness and Sloth, Champion of Lost and Unpopular Causes.

AKA
.224 member

Re: new poster here [Re: clark7781]
      #42737 - 02/12/05 07:39 AM

577 thank you..as i have never bought a double before I should be to get up to speed pretty fast in this forum. Looks like I have some reading to do! I take it you like your 577..

AKA
.224 member

Re: new poster here [Re: mickey]
      #42738 - 02/12/05 07:41 AM

Mickey..thank you for the welcome .Are you the same Mickey

in accuratere loading?

mickey
.416 member

#42741 - 02/12/05 07:54 AM

In reply to:

Mickey..thank you for the welcome .Are you the same Mickey

in accuratere loading?

Should I be? I think you will find that this is a much more civilized site than AR. We let them keep their discussions over there.

We have many of the same posters with a much friendlier and helpful atmosphere.

--------------------
Lovu Zdar
Mick

A Man of Pleasure, Enterprise, Wit and Spirit Rare Books, Big Game Hunting, English Rifles, Fishing, Explosives, Chauvinism, Insensitivity, Public Drunkenness and Sloth, Champion of Lost and Unpopular Causes.

new_guy
Sponsor

Reged: 10/08/04
Loc: Texas
Re: new poster here [Re: mickey]
      #42747 - 02/12/05 10:10 AM

In reply to:

We have many of the same posters with a much friendlier and helpful atmosphere.

I'll second that... you don't see many pissing contests here.

--------------------
www.heymUSA.com

DUGABOY1
.400 member

Reged: 02/02/03
Loc: TEXAS USA
      #42752 - 02/12/05 10:56 AM

Welcome AKA, you will find about all the info you can absorb on this site where double rifles are concerned.

AR is fine as well, it is just that in the last year, a lot of new trouble makers have moved onto that site, and you saw the result of that troll work there!

I post on both places, and what you can't find on this site you can on AR, and vice-versa! Over on Ar My screen name is MacD37, and on all others I'm DUGABOY1. The reason for the MacD37 is for some reason when AR changed servers, my handle wouldn't let me regester.

Nitro Express is a fine web-site, and you will enjoy it here, especially since you are interested in Double rifles!

--------------------
..........Mac >>>===(x)===>
DUGABOY1, and MacD37 founding member of DRSS www.doublerifleshooterssociety.com
"If I die today, I have had a life well spent, for I've been to see the Elephant, and smelled the smoke of Africa!"

mehulkamdar
.416 member

Reged: 09/01/04
Loc: State of Ill-Annoy USA.
      #42762 - 02/12/05 12:04 PM

AKA,

I have had the pleasure of meeting some of the memebrs here at the Big Game Rifle Club of North America shoot at Lodi, Wisconsin. I don't have a double but they were so generous in getting me to shoot several really beautiful doubles that I am beginning to get addicted and hope that next year's tax refund would allow me to buy a basic, used one.

Just watch out - these guys could get you addicted to the sport with their niceness and you won't be able to recover from this addiction. And SBS 470 is trying to get a BGRC match in California in 2006. Make sure that you go there and then be prepared to get even more addicted to this. You'll never be able to escape and you'll never be able to have more fun.

Good hunting!

--------------------
The Ark was made by amateurs. Experts built the Titanic.

Mehul Kamdar

CptCurlAdministrator
.450 member

Reged: 01/05/04
Loc: Fincastle, Botetourt County, V...
      #42819 - 02/12/05 10:48 PM

AKA

Welcome aboard.

As others have said, DR's are highly addictive and very hard on the household finances.

Approach with caution. You will like this site.

Curl

--------------------
RoscoeStephenson.com

YOUR DOUBLE RIFLE IS YOUR BEST FRIEND.

EricD
.416 member

Reged: 27/02/04
      #42847 - 03/12/05 03:47 AM

AKA,

Hope you enjoy yourself here, and find the info you seek. I also hope you'll contribute a little yourself if you feel like it!

Erik

**DONOTDELETE**

#42853 - 03/12/05 04:16 AM

Welcome to the site. I concur with everyone else that is site is far far superior and much more civil than AR. As proof I put forth the fact that they haven't banned me yet.

Enjoy!

Scott

DUGABOY1
.400 member

Reged: 02/02/03
Loc: TEXAS USA
Re: new poster here [Re: ScottS]
      #42861 - 03/12/05 05:59 AM

In reply to:

Welcome to the site. I concur with everyone else that is site is far far superior and much more civil than AR. As proof I put forth the fact that they haven't banned me yet.

Enjoy!

Scott

That is amazing! I agree, it must be a real lenient place or Scott Sweet wouldn't be here for sure! Just kidding.
I'm not really not prone to throwing rocks, as I live in a glass house as well, and the same door that will let one in or out, swings close to my butt as well ! I've never been banned any place, but there is a first time for everything! Sometimes it gets hot enough I have to hold my breath to avoid breathing the flames!

Anyway, you'll love it here! Again welcome.

--------------------
..........Mac >>>===(x)===>
DUGABOY1, and MacD37 founding member of DRSS www.doublerifleshooterssociety.com
"If I die today, I have had a life well spent, for I've been to see the Elephant, and smelled the smoke of Africa!"

mbogo375
.275 member

Reged: 09/02/04
Loc: southeastern Georgia
Re: new poster here [Re: DUGABOY1]
      #42871 - 03/12/05 07:58 AM

In reply to:

I'm not really not prone to throwing rocks, as I live in a glass house as well, and the same door that will let one in or out, swings close to my butt as well ! I've never been banned any place, but there is a first time for everything! Sometimes it gets hot enough I have to hold my breath to avoid breathing the flames!

Mac,

You're in good shape. You still have a three star rating . I apparently ticked someone off badly enough to get a one star .

By the way, welcome AKA. There is a lot of knowledge to be gained from this forum.

Jim

AKA
.224 member

Re: new poster here [Re: mbogo375]
      #42873 - 03/12/05 08:30 AM

Thanks for the warm welcome. I'm here to get your alls expert opinions on an upcoming Botswana elephant hunt I have coming up in 2007 with John Sharp. I currently shoot a 460 weatherby(10.5 pounds). For this hunt I want a double. I contacted Butch Searcy about a 577. Butch tells me he can bring the gun in at 11.5 pounds. At the other forum lots of people were suggesting that I may want go with a 470 or 500NE. You guys have been there and done it. My question? 577 vs the 470 or 500NE? Thanks again..steve

mickey
.416 member

#42874 - 03/12/05 08:49 AM

Here is the answer I posted on AR to your question.

In reply to:

Originally posted by AKA:

In reply to:

Originally posted by Mickey1:
I have an 10.5 pound 577. It is comparable to the 460 in recoil only not as sharp. I would much rather shoot it than a 460. Get a standing rest or shoot it off hand and you will like it.

If you can afford a Bots Ele and a new 577 you can afford the ammo.

I'm leaning toward the 577. Even at 10.5 pounds yours kicks less than the 460? Thanks again

I don't know if it recoils less but it feels as if it recoils less and is less sharp. A Double that you are having made should fit like a glove. A factory made WB is what it is, a little bit of everything, like Budweiser.

Practice shooting standing up and don't get fuckitis and think you need to play with all different bullets. If you get a Searcy use his regulation loads and be happy.

If you decide on another caliber than I think a you ought to get a 470 in case you decide to pass it along after the Safari. It will be easier to move.

If it was me I would get a 577 2 3/4 regulated for the 750 grain bullet at 1900fps. Built at 10-11 pounds. I have a Hollis like that and it may be my favourite big Double, certainly the one I choose to hunt with.

--------------------
Lovu Zdar
Mick

Pages: 1

Extra information
0 registered and 124 anonymous users are browsing this forum.

Moderator:  CptCurl 

Print Topic

Forum Permissions
      You cannot start new topics
      You cannot reply to topics
      HTML is disabled
      UBBCode is enabled

Rating:
Topic views: 3710

Rate this topic

Jump to

Contact Us NitroExpress.com