Home | Ezine | Forums | Links | Contact
NitroExpress.com: Pedersoli Doubles

View recent messages : 24 hours | 48 hours | 7 days | 14 days | 30 days | 60 days | More Smilies

*** Enjoy NitroExpress.com? Participate and join in. ***

Double Rifles, Single Shots & Combinations >> Double Rifles

Pages: 1
Nframe
.275 member

Reged: 29/12/04
Loc: United States
Pedersoli Doubles
      #25697 - 05/02/05 04:11 PM

Greetings all, just happened on to an older thread here and someone mentioned the Pedersoli doubles. Went to the Pedersoli website and they look good and are affordable to me. Are they any good? Worth buying? I've dreampt of owning a double for years but they are way beyond my means, this would be a good way to get one. Thanks.

Post Extras: Print Post   Remind Me!   Notify Moderator  
bonanza
.400 member

Reged: 17/05/04
Loc: South Carolina
Re: Pedersoli Doubles [Re: Nframe]
      #25700 - 05/02/05 05:13 PM

NFrame,

One year ago I was in your shoes, I was considering the pedersoli for the same reaons, $$$$$. The pedersoli is a fine gun, but if you really want a "real" double - find the funds. You won't regret it. If you shop around, you can find a 9x73r merkel or chapuis for about $5000. A .375 or larger will cost a little more. A 30/06 double would be super fun if you don't want to shoot DG. Personally I'd stay away from the over/unders. Now back to the Pedersoli, if that is all you can afford and don't care if it isn't super accurate - Go for it! I've seen them in person and am pleased with there quality. In 45/70 it would make a fun little coach gun for cowboy action. From what I've heard, it is modeled off a winchester. But my final word is: try, try, try to get your hands on a standard boxlock side by side.

--------------------

"Speak Precisely" G. Gordon Liddy.

"Life is absurd, chaotic and we must define its purpose with our actions" Abert Camus

"I''m the dude playing a dude disguised as another dude."

"Yo! Mr. White"

Nframe
.275 member

Re: Pedersoli Doubles [Re: bonanza]
      #25703 - 05/02/05 05:21 PM

Thanks Bonanza, I can't swing the # for a Brit SxS I wish that I could but... I think I might check into the Pedersoli it'll just be a toy so accuarcay isn't my major concern, I just wanted to make sure that they are of good quality before I drop the cash on one.

new_guy
Sponsor

Reged: 10/08/04
Loc: Texas
      #25707 - 05/02/05 05:42 PM

Nframe, I can 100% reccomend this dealer to you for a Chapuis.

I've personally bought two from him in the past year and can say that you'll be pleasantly surprised at his prices.

Email him and ask him for a quote on a 9.3x74r in the chapuis and then compare that price to other dealers.

Heirloom Armes

Again, you'll be pleasantly surprised. I got the same guns (new of course and ordered to my specs) at a cost that was over 20% less than the other dealers.

Whichever direction you go, good luck!

--------------------
www.heymUSA.com

SOUTHPAWTOO
.275 member

Reged: 04/12/04
Loc: Indiana, USA
      #26292 - 14/02/05 11:52 PM

NFrame,
Like yourself, I dreamed for years of owning a DR but due to the cost barrier they always eluded me. However, a year and a half ago I ran into a antique H&H at a gun show in Louisville, KY. I have not regretted the price at all. (it was quite reasonable) I live an hour north of Louisville, if you'd wish to make the drive this spring, I'd be more than happy to get it out and let you play with it. Also, I'll be hosting a CADS match April, 30 if you can attend you will be very welcome. Don

--------------------
SP2

Nframe
.275 member

Re: Pedersoli Doubles [Re: SOUTHPAWTOO]
      #26547 - 19/02/05 04:22 PM

Thank you sir I really appreciate your kind offer, I've never had the privelege of shooting a DR, always wanted too but never knew anyone with one. I've given up for the time being on one until Remington releases their double for the poor man, that being me Maybe someday I'll come across one and actually have the $ to get it.
Mike

SOUTHPAWTOO
.275 member

Reged: 04/12/04
Loc: Indiana, USA
      #26551 - 19/02/05 10:43 PM

NFrame/Mike,
Are you going to the Louisville, KY. gun show Feb 26-27 ???
If so, perhaps we could meet at the show and chat. It is the Nat'l Gun Day show. If you've never been to one, you really ought to go. You can see stuff there you can't even find in a museum. Usually a LOT of DR's too. That's where I found mine two summers ago. Give me a shout if you are going. PH # 812-866-2406 Don

--------------------
SP2

Rusty
.333 member

Reged: 08/02/03
Loc: Missouri City, Texas
      #26562 - 20/02/05 01:16 AM

One of our DRSS members PWN375 has owned two of those doubles. The first on (45/70)he had rechambered for 450#2. The one he owns now is a 45/70. He has been very happy with his.

I think they are well made rifles at a resonable price.

--------------------
Rusty
We band of brothers!

DRSS

Oldsarge
.300 member

Reged: 07/02/05
Loc: SoCal Borderlands
Re: Pedersoli Doubles [Re: Rusty]
      #26564 - 20/02/05 04:04 AM

However, I have first dibs on Perry's Pedersoli because I, too, want to convert it. Raising the dough is, unfortunately, turning out to be more difficult than I expected.

--------------------
Sarge

Holland's .375: One Planet, One Rifle!

Nframe
.275 member

#26580 - 20/02/05 06:41 PM

No I won't be headed that way, I will be at the tulsa show in early April. If you're going to be there PM me and we can get together there.
Mike

Pages: 1

Extra information
1 registered and 337 anonymous users are browsing this forum.

Moderator:  CptCurl 

Print Topic

Forum Permissions
      You cannot start new topics
      You cannot reply to topics
      HTML is disabled
      UBBCode is enabled

Rating:
Topic views: 3318

Rate this topic

Jump to

Contact Us NitroExpress.com