Home | Ezine | Forums | Links | Contact
NitroExpress.com: Gaucher

View recent messages : 24 hours | 48 hours | 7 days | 14 days | 30 days | 60 days | More Smilies

*** Enjoy NitroExpress.com? Participate and join in. ***

Double Rifles, Single Shots & Combinations >> Double Rifles

Pages: 1
Sam
.224 member

Reged: 11/04/06
Gaucher
      #54764 - 14/04/06 07:08 AM

I`m a newbee about doubles.
Someone want to sell me a Gaucher s/s 9,3x74R.
I have never heard about Gaucher - but maybe some of you?
He want a bid on it? Is this an expensive rifle or? Quality?

Post Extras: Print Post   Remind Me!   Notify Moderator  
tinker
.416 member

Reged: 12/03/05
Loc: Nevada
Re: Gaucher [Re: Sam]
      #54770 - 14/04/06 09:02 AM

Sam-

You should update your profile, noting your location.
Where you are on this planet has something to do with market value of a double rifle.

Also, you're going to need to give a lot more information on this rifle in order to get even a ballpark figure on it's value.

Tell us what action type it is, if it's a SxS or an O/U how many triggers, if it has ejectors, what kind of sights, what condition it's in, how the bores are, how the wood is...

Then it's still possible that the thing's damaged and not evident from a photo or a casual look-over.

Post some photos though!
I'd like to see the Gaucher you speak of...

--Tinker

--------------------
--Self-Appointed Colonel, DRSS--

"It IS a dangerous game, and so named for a reason, and you can't play from the keyboard. " --Some Old Texan...

Chasseur
.375 member

Reged: 18/11/03
Loc: Hunting classic Indian game!
Re: Gaucher [Re: Sam]
      #54781 - 14/04/06 10:54 AM

Hi Sam,

Gaucher is an entry level SxS French double rifle, on the same level as Chapuis and Merkel. I've not seen any here in the US, but in Europe they run at about the same price as those two. Like Chapuis they have several different grades, the "Ouverture" was the basic model, and then the others had nicer wood, sideplates, engraving, etc. If memory serves me correctly they are a more traditional action with a single underhook, rather than one with multiple underhooks like the Chapuis or Demas.

They make a nice little product. I visited their factory back in 2001 before the merged with Bretton, to become Bretton-Gaucher. They people were very helpful and let me handle lots of rifles. They also came out with a rather controversal, but interesting O.U double rifle called the Couger back 1998 or so. It was an interesting "modern" design for an express rifle and either people loved it or hated it (like most of the "modern" ones).

I've several friends over the pond with them in 8mm and 9.3 who use them on boar and roe deer, and are quite happy with them.

--------------------
In regards to action he should devote himself to hunting...
-Machiavelli

Pages: 1

Extra information
1 registered and 164 anonymous users are browsing this forum.

Moderator:  CptCurl 

Print Topic

Forum Permissions
      You cannot start new topics
      You cannot reply to topics
      HTML is disabled
      UBBCode is enabled

Rating:
Topic views: 1471

Rate this topic

Jump to

Contact Us NitroExpress.com