Home | Ezine | Forums | Links | Contact
NitroExpress.com: Cabela's Double Rifle Re-Regulation Information

View recent messages : 24 hours | 48 hours | 7 days | 14 days | 30 days | 60 days | More Smilies

*** Enjoy NitroExpress.com? Participate and join in. ***

Double Rifles, Single Shots & Combinations >> Double Rifles

Pages: 1
FourTails
.224 member

Reged: 07/01/04
Cabela's Double Rifle Re-Regulation Information
      #28594 - 30/03/05 07:57 AM

I was talking to an individual in the Cabela's Gun Library the other day concerning the scuttle-butt going around Butch Searcy's doubles doing just that. Doubling. They (Cabela's) just sent one back to Butch for a "check" to insure everything is up to par. The more I hear/read about Butch standing behind his product the more I am convienced to go his direction for my 470 Nitro. On another note, the conversation with that particular Cabela's Gun Guru led to double gun regulation. I stated that my old H. Sherping double rifle could use a pinch of adjust on the right barrel. However, the figure I had gotten from a reputable gunsmith who does re-regulation, was all the fingers on one hand, a thumb on the other, with a comma and three zeros. Mentioning this to said employee got a quick reply that in no way should it cost that much. I said I thought that re-regulation most times was about the cost of a new set of barrels for a double. He, on the other hand, was sure it could be done for $400.00 to $600.00 tops. I am waiting for the man's name doing it for this price. I'm not saying I'm going to send my double to him. Just want, if this is really the case, to talk to him. And.....a whole bunch of feedback on this subject will be greatly appreciated. Thanks, Mike

Post Extras: Print Post   Remind Me!   Notify Moderator  
Chasseur
.375 member

Reged: 18/11/03
Loc: Hunting classic Indian game!
Re: Cabela's Double Rifle Re-Regulation Information [Re: FourTails]
      #28596 - 30/03/05 08:21 AM

JJ at Champlains will do it for arround $600 and his turn arround time is not too bad (about 90 days). I don't know about Butch.

--------------------
In regards to action he should devote himself to hunting...
-Machiavelli

new_guy
Sponsor

Reged: 10/08/04
Loc: Texas
Re: Cabela's Double Rifle Re-Regulation Informatio [Re: Chasseur]
      #28597 - 30/03/05 08:25 AM

Unfortunately, I agree with the guy at Cabelas - as Chasseur says, JJ will do it for about 600 plus ammo.

I would think Kirk Merrington could do it as well, and I would expect his price to be comparable to JJ's.

--------------------
www.heymUSA.com

clark7781
.375 member

Reged: 28/10/04
Loc: Fairfax County, Virginia, USA
Re: Cabela's Double Rifle Re-Regulation Information [Re: FourTails]
      #28662 - 31/03/05 03:48 AM

Fourtails:

A note about Butch and his guns: You can't find a FINER owner of a DR manufacturing firm that will spend time with you with BEFORE and AFTER your purchase.

We just placed an order for a .577 from him and his customer service at this point is second to none. And from what I hear, ten years down the road, if you have a problem with one of his guns, he'll treat you like you are a new paying customer.

--------------------
Clark

Double Rifle Shooters Society
.500 NE and .577 NE

mstarling
.224 member

Reged: 07/01/04
Loc: West Virginia, USA
Re: Cabela's Double Rifle Re-Regulation Informatio [Re: clark7781]
      #28670 - 31/03/05 06:08 AM

Guys,

A comment on Butch Searcy's customer care.

A couple of years ago I bought one of his field grade guns ... used. Was all I could afford. Gun was in great shape. I sent Butch a note asking for loading information which he sent when I supplied a serial number. It is insanely accurate shooting a lot better than I can see ... 2" or so at 100 yards with open sights. But the trigger pulls were different. I didn't think too much about it save that I'd use the back trigger first because it was a bit light.

Decided to measure it when there was a discussion of potential doubling on this board and/or on the AccurateReloading.com boad. The front trigger measured a crisp 4 pounds. The rear trigger measured a crisp ... whoawwwww ... 1 1/2 pounds. (Please note that even with the 1 1/2 pound trigger I NEVER experienced a double ignition.)

Sent a note to Butch asking the cost of repair and delay to return. He simply said something to the effect of ... "send it on ... no charge." The rifle left my door on Tuesday of last week. When I checked to see if it had arrived, I got a note that it had already been shipped from his shop back to me on Tuesday of this week. The tracking info is that it will be here on Monday.

That is simply AMAZING service and makes me awfully happy that I decided to buy the rifle. If (or when) I can afford to buy another, there is no question in my mind who I will buy it from!!!

mike starling
(A very happy Searcy customer!)

clark7781
.375 member

Reged: 28/10/04
Loc: Fairfax County, Virginia, USA
Re: Cabela's Double Rifle Re-Regulation Informatio [Re: mstarling]
      #28673 - 31/03/05 06:33 AM

Amen, brother...

--------------------
Clark

Double Rifle Shooters Society
.500 NE and .577 NE

Pages: 1

Extra information
0 registered and 107 anonymous users are browsing this forum.

Moderator:  CptCurl 

Print Topic

Forum Permissions
      You cannot start new topics
      You cannot reply to topics
      HTML is disabled
      UBBCode is enabled

Rating:
Topic views: 2170

Rate this topic

Jump to

Contact Us NitroExpress.com