Home | Ezine | Forums | Links | Contact
NitroExpress.com: AyA #2...Any thoughts about it?

View recent messages : 24 hours | 48 hours | 7 days | 14 days | 30 days | 60 days | More Smilies

*** Enjoy NitroExpress.com? Participate and join in. ***

Shooting & Reloading - Mausers, Big Bores and others >> Shotguns

Pages: 1
Spring
.300 member

Reged: 01/04/04
Loc: Georgia
AyA #2...Any thoughts about it?
      #107718 - 19/06/08 11:41 PM

I made a spur of the moment purchase of an AyA #2 in a 28 gauge last Saturday after spotting one at a gun store when in Atlanta. They said it had upgraded wood.
I love 28s for quail hunting here in South Georgia but I'm not that familiar with AyA's other than having heard they make a nice gun. I've never shot one.
Well, now I own one. It fits me well and I'll be looking forward to having it with me as I follow around some dogs in the fall.
This gun was previously owned, but I could tell it had been used very little. It has "N164" scripted on the bottom of it. Could this be their serial number? Any thoughts on the gun or what that number means?

Post Extras: Print Post   Remind Me!   Notify Moderator  
tinker
.416 member

Reged: 12/03/05
Loc: Nevada
Re: AyA #2...Any thoughts about it? [Re: Spring]
      #107739 - 20/06/08 06:51 AM

Spring-

First things first, you need to adjust the size of the image you have linked here.
The size you have in your post makes it very cumbersome to navigate this thread, anyone who's viewing this needs to pan the image side to side in order to see the gun and to read the messages.

Please edit this right away.

Now, on the gun...

The AYA No2 is a rather high quality piece, an example of some of the best work you'll see out of Eibar in a production gun.
This one appears to be in very good shape, and wonder if it's one of the 'rounded sidelock' models.
When you edit the photo size, also include images of the top of the gun, from the fences back over the wrist.
These guns are built to last a lifetime given they're maintained properly.
What did you pay for it?

--Tinker

--------------------
--Self-Appointed Colonel, DRSS--

"It IS a dangerous game, and so named for a reason, and you can't play from the keyboard. " --Some Old Texan...

jvw
.300 member

Reged: 15/05/08
Loc: Australia
Re: AyA #2...Any thoughts about it? [Re: tinker]
      #107765 - 20/06/08 06:01 PM

You bought a very fine shotgun indeed.

The AyA No 2 was the gun that pretty much put AyA on the map as a major manufacturer of QUALITY shotguns, and was (is?) for years the best-selling sidelock gun in Britain. Virtually the only difference between the No 2 and the top-of-the-line No 1 is hand-engraving and better quality wood. Many of them were made with H&H-style detachable sidelocks, and the action is in fact a virtual carbon copy of the H&H Royal. Your gun looks like a rounded-action model, which makes it even more desirable.

In my opinion you bought a very fine shotgun. It is one "spur of the moment" decision I will be able to live with very comfortably, and so should you!

Congratulations.

JvW

Mike_Bailey
.400 member

Reged: 26/02/07
Loc: GB
Re: AyA #2...Any thoughts about it? [Re: jvw]
      #107766 - 20/06/08 06:02 PM

A lot of gun for the money, best, Mike

Pages: 1

Extra information
0 registered and 4 anonymous users are browsing this forum.

Moderator:  NitroX 

Print Topic

Forum Permissions
      You cannot start new topics
      You cannot reply to topics
      HTML is disabled
      UBBCode is enabled

Rating:
Topic views: 2287

Rate this topic

Jump to

Contact Us NitroExpress.com