Home | Ezine | Forums | Links | Contact
NitroExpress.com: TRADGEDY

View recent messages : 24 hours | 48 hours | 7 days | 14 days | 30 days | 60 days | More Smilies

*** Enjoy NitroExpress.com? Participate and join in. ***

Shooting & Reloading - Mausers, Big Bores and others >> Big Bore Rifles

Pages: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | >> (show all)
JPK
.375 member

Reged: 31/08/04
Loc: Chevy Chase, MD
Re: TRADGEDY [Re: 500grains]
      #54232 - 06/04/06 05:22 AM

bigdog,

No words can express my sorrow for your loss of your son to this tragic accident. My heart and my prayers go out to you and your family. I feel so very deeply for you that mere words fail.

My sympathy and my prayers,

JPK

Post Extras: Print Post   Remind Me!   Notify Moderator  
rigbymauser
.400 member

Reged: 15/05/05
Loc: Denmark
Re: TRADGEDY [Re: bigdog]
      #54233 - 06/04/06 06:07 AM

I have been gone for 2 weeks because of a terrible accident that happened at my house on saturday march 25th. My 14 year old son fell from our loft and got caught up in a rope. He was strangled. I did CPR untill the ambulance got there. We got his pulse back at the hospital and he was flown to childrens hospital in St. Louis. He fought hard for 3 1/2 days before he died on tuesday, march, 28th at 8:00 pm. My family is totally crushed and I have lost my most preciuos shooting buddy of the last 10 years. He started shooting with me when he was 4 years old. I love him so much and I am totally lost without him. Sorry about the bad news, please hug your kids every night. He was an organ doner and saved 4 separate lives on wed. afternoon. I hope every one will consider being an organ doner. You never know when you or your family may need one. Please think about it. I am very proud of my son, Kyle, for what he did. My children are so important to me, I am absolutly devastated at this time..

Dear Mr Big Dog!

hearing this, is "worst case scenario"!!!!!!!!!!!.

Having two boys myself, I must admit reading this Its a nightmare you are going thrue
I`LL be praying for you and your family, and please don`t forget that to our Lord Jesus, your son is still living.....

jens

Rusty
.333 member

Reged: 08/02/03
Loc: Missouri City, Texas
      #54235 - 06/04/06 06:11 AM

Bigdog,
I can only add my deepest regrets to those posted above.
You and your family are in our thoughts and prayers.

--------------------
Rusty
We band of brothers!

DRSS

banzaibird
.333 member

Reged: 18/09/05
Loc: S.C. Pennsylvania, USA
      #54236 - 06/04/06 06:19 AM

Bigdog,

First I'd like to offer my sincerest condolences. This really hit home as my wife is currently in and out of labor with our first child, a son. Unfortunately in my job I see death almost everyday. However a few years ago I lost a family (30 years old) member after a rapid fight with a rare cancer. It was then I truly realized nothing can prepare you for such a loss, no matter what the circumstances.

However that said I'd also like to congratulate you and your departed son on the noble act of organ donation. Through his and your family's tragedy others will live. I'll guarantee that not only will your family remember him but those on the receiving end of his life giving gifts won't ever forget him either.

So I'll be saying a prayer and drinking a toast to you, your family and your departed son.

Best Wishes,

Bill

Boomer
.300 member

Reged: 13/04/05
Loc: The Hudson Bay Coast, Canada
      #54243 - 06/04/06 07:42 AM

Big Dog -

If there were words that would help, this is one place you will read them. I hope the compassion displayed on this site has been of some comfort - our thoughts and prayers are with you.

--------------------

Edited by Boomer (06/04/06 07:44 AM)

JTOMLINSON
.300 member

Reged: 16/02/05
Loc: York, England
Re: TRADGEDY [Re: JPK]
      #54310 - 07/04/06 03:04 AM

bigdog

It is with deep regret that I read of your news and that I write in these terms to you as have so many good people on this forum before me.

Your news and terrbible loss and hurt will have touched and affected all who have read of it. Your hurt and loss is shared by all on this community all over the world.

From England I send you and your family my heartfelt sympathy and my prayers that with God's help you will be able to overcome such a catastrophic loss and hold the memories of the time you had with your son close to your heart for all time, in your heart and mind and those who knew and loved him he will live forever as it will in those others he gave hope of life for after his own had faded away.

Having a son of the same age makes me stop and think that we must take nothing for granted and that we should take your sage advice and cherish and hug our children each day.

May God be with you all at this difficult time.

Best wishes

JT

MRobinson
.275 member

Reged: 29/01/06
Loc: New England
      #54317 - 07/04/06 04:05 AM

Please accept my sympathy and condolences.

--------------------
Mike

bigdog
.375 member

Reged: 05/02/06
Loc: Southern Illinois
Re: TRADGEDY [Re: gryphon]
      #54358 - 07/04/06 01:39 PM

I really appreciate all of the kind words and prayers from everyone. One of my biggest problems is that I have 4 other beautiful wonderful children, and my wife and I are so completly devestated that I don't even know how to console them. My 10 year old daughter has many many questions, and Daddy doesn't have any answers for her. Unfornunatly, I have alot of the same questions that she has, and I am not getting any answers either.

--------------------
Kyle, I love you buddy, Dad

tinker
.416 member

Reged: 12/03/05
Loc: Nevada
      #54360 - 07/04/06 03:43 PM

bigdog-

The day my brother, my sister, and my mother's husband and her twin sister got together to level with her on her condition, I sat with her for some time after the others had gone home.

She told me she was afraid to die. I told her that was a good thing, and that was a time for her to have courage -- to get everything she can out of her fear and accept the situation as it was. She asked me why she had to die. All I could tell her was that there was no why. There wasn't any room in the situation to question, simply to accept it for what was present and to be courageous.

We're mortal, really that's what makes life so precious. We never know when it's going to be time for us to go, or for our loved ones to go. This is what makes each moment we get with our loved ones so wonderful.

I'd want to try to help you get that there is no why in this situation. It was time for your boy to go. It's natural for you and for your family to have a great missing around the loss of your son. Allow yourselves to be vulnerable around each other and be courageous in this space you're sharing.
I'm sorry you had to be present to the scene around your boy's accident, I'm sure he knew you were there working to keep him here...

Stick close to your loved ones.
Listen when they need you, call on them when you're in need.
You'll get through this and my offer stands if you need an objective ear.

--Tinker

--------------------
--Self-Appointed Colonel, DRSS--

"It IS a dangerous game, and so named for a reason, and you can't play from the keyboard. " --Some Old Texan...

AspenHill
Sponsor

Reged: 08/01/03
Loc: Vermont, USA
      #54370 - 07/04/06 11:35 PM

bigdog,

My deepest condolences. I really don't know what else to say. I know your family suffers, yet can be comforted knowing your son really lives on due to your generous donation of his organs.

The living must go on living and keep his memory alive in their hearts and minds.

--------------------
~Ann

Everyday spent outdoors is the best day of my life.

Aspen Hill Adventures

Gibbs505
.333 member

Reged: 09/08/03
Loc: BC, Canada
Re: TRADGEDY [Re: AspenHill]
      #54392 - 08/04/06 05:25 AM

Bigdog, I feel so sorry for you and yours! Words cannot say anymore.

--------------------
So I can't spell, so what?

Those who beat their swords into ploughshares, will plough for those who don't!

Those who fail to learn from history will be doomed to repeat it

k80
.333 member

Reged: 07/05/04
Loc: San Antonio ,Texas, U.S.A.
Re: TRADGEDY [Re: Gibbs505]
      #54633 - 12/04/06 01:03 PM

Our hearts and prayers go out
to you in your time of need.

--------------------
Ken
San Antonio

Welcome to South Texas

clark7781
.375 member

Reged: 28/10/04
Loc: Fairfax County, Virginia, USA
      #54738 - 14/04/06 12:06 AM

Bigdog:

These words seem so insignificant as I sit at my desk and type them, but I wanted to send you my thoughts and prayers during this tragic time. I can not begin to imagine the pain you, your wife and family must be going through right now.

You have my deepest condolences and prayers during this time.

Very respectfully,

Paul

--------------------
Clark

Double Rifle Shooters Society
.500 NE and .577 NE

bigdog
.375 member

Re: TRADGEDY [Re: clark7781]
      #54773 - 14/04/06 09:09 AM

It has been almost 3 weeks since the accident and it seems like my other children are coping with Kyle's death a little better than mom and dad. We are struggling so much and miss him in an undiscribable amount. Our whole world seems to have come to a complete and abrupt halt. The things tthat used to be important basically mean nothing to us right now. Surley, it has to get more bearable sometime! I literaly feel like I have been sucker punched in the stomach and had all the air knocked out of me. I get this nauseating, sickening about every 2 minutes.

--------------------

Grizzly
.333 member

Reged: 05/12/05
Loc: Dallas, Texas, USA
      #54848 - 15/04/06 12:56 AM

My deepest sympathy, and prayers to you and your family.

--------------------
SCI Life Member
DSC Life Member
DRSS Member

tinker
.416 member

Reged: 12/03/05
Loc: Nevada
      #54851 - 15/04/06 01:34 AM

Bigdog-

Hang in there man.
Stick close to your loved ones, make sure you're communicating these kinds of feelings you're having with your people. It's important that you let yourself be vulnerable around your family at this time, you have a lot of healing to go through and the only way it's going to happen is for you to stay clear with yourself about how your heart's doing.

Know for sure that you have an ear out this way if you need someone to talk to.

--Tinker

--------------------
--Self-Appointed Colonel, DRSS--

"It IS a dangerous game, and so named for a reason, and you can't play from the keyboard. " --Some Old Texan...

SAHUNT
Sponsor

Reged: 27/12/04
Loc: Centurion, RSA
      #55284 - 20/04/06 07:04 AM

I have only read this post now, I am very sorry to hear about yor family's loss. May the good Lord brings peace to you and your family.

--------------------
Life is how you pass the time between hunting trips.
Sometimes I do not express myself properly in the English language, please forgive me, I am just a boertjie.
Jaco Human
jacohu@mweb.co.za
SA Hunting Experience

Nickudu
.300 member

Reged: 23/07/04
      #55291 - 20/04/06 08:52 AM

Inexpressible pain, to lose a child. May God give your family the strength to endure. My heartfelt condolences ...

bigdog
.375 member

#56021 - 29/04/06 02:49 AM

It has been 1 month since Kyle passed away and we are trying to move ahead 1 step at a time. I have not spent much time on the forum be cause I keep thinking of all the times Kyle and I went shooting. They are good memories, but it breaks my heart, when I think about them. I am going to try to go back to work next week, at least part of the time, can't seem to think of much except for Kyle. I have gone over and over this and can't come up with a way to fix it. It seems like I should be able to come up with a solution, since I fix problems at work every day. We sure do miss him alot. I am going to try to get back into my guns some, just to try to think of something else for at least a few minutes. You all take care. Ken

--------------------

Bwana
.224 member

Reged: 07/03/05
Loc: Monroe, Michigan
      #56024 - 29/04/06 04:14 AM

Bigdog,

I'm sure all of us have your family in our thoughts and prayers. It is a terrible thing that you are going through and I can only hope that the fond memories you have of your son can ease the emotional burden somewhat.

Bwana

bigdog
.375 member

Re: TRADGEDY [Re: Bwana]
      #56523 - 06/05/06 02:55 PM

Saturday it will be 6 weeks since my son,s fatal accident and sometimes it seems like yesterday. I can't believe it has been 42 days since I have been able to have a two way conversation with Kyle. I just can't go shooting yet without him. I guess it is still to soon. While I continue to miss him an indiscribable amount, I realize he would want us to still live life untill we see him again. His stone gets set next week and the cemetary is only 8/10's of a mile from my house. I go there several times a day. Thanks to everyone for the continued prayers and support. Ken

--------------------

SAFARIKID
.275 member

Reged: 08/09/05
Loc: Savannah,Ga. USA
      #56558 - 07/05/06 04:26 AM

Kenny,I am glad to see this post and all the very nice fellow shooters sending their condolences!Again,I feel terrible for you and your family and my thoughts and prayers to ya'll.Though I only met him for a few hours,I feel we were podners too! Good Luck Pal....Tom

--------------------
Lots of BIG Bores!

DoubleD
.400 member

Reged: 23/11/03
Loc: Retired in Oklahoma
      #56589 - 07/05/06 03:50 PM

Ken,

It appears your Son loved to shoot.

You loved to shoot with your Son.

Have you considered that each time you go to the range your Son will be there with you...his memory and his spirit.

The first trip will be the hardest, but make it. Set up at the range and shoot. When you fire that first shot, say how was that Kyle? I bet you feel Kyle say, "Just great Dad, just great."

I was told in grief counsuling some years ago the hardest part of grieving is getting on with life without the person you lost, but get on you must.

--------------------
DD, Ret.

bigdog
.375 member

Re: TRADGEDY [Re: DoubleD]
      #56622 - 08/05/06 01:31 PM

My oldest son, Sean, is 21 and asked when I was going to go shoot again. We may go in a couple of weeks. thanks Ken

--------------------

SAHUNT
Sponsor

Reged: 27/12/04
Loc: Centurion, RSA
      #56650 - 09/05/06 02:23 AM

Ken,
My dad passed away a bit less than a year ago. I was very close to him and we have spent wonderful times together. He was very fond of wood working and I spend many hours with him working with wood. After he passed away I had great difficulty to live with the fact that he is not there anymore. I collected some of his tools from my mother and everytime I worked in my garage I on purpose used his old tools. I found myself going back to the days we did a lot of things together and relived a lot of the good times we had together. It helped me to get to grip with my own life again. Today is his first birthday that he is not with us anymore. I did think of him a lot, working with his tools helped me to put memories into place and cherish the good times we had together. Eventually the pain disapear, but the good memories will last forever.

We pray for you and your family.

--------------------
Life is how you pass the time between hunting trips.
Sometimes I do not express myself properly in the English language, please forgive me, I am just a boertjie.
Jaco Human
jacohu@mweb.co.za
SA Hunting Experience

Pages: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | >> (show all)

Extra information
0 registered and 46 anonymous users are browsing this forum.

Moderator:   

Print Topic

Forum Permissions
      You cannot start new topics
      You cannot reply to topics
      HTML is disabled
      UBBCode is enabled

Rating:
Topic views: 52639

Rate this topic

Jump to

Contact Us NitroExpress.com