Home | Ezine | Forums | Links | Contact
NitroExpress.com: Boar Hunting Today

View recent messages : 24 hours | 48 hours | 7 days | 14 days | 30 days | 60 days | More Smilies

*** Enjoy NitroExpress.com? Participate and join in. ***

Hunting >> Hunting in Asia

Pages: 1
Boghossian
.275 member

Reged: 23/01/04
Boar Hunting Today
      #31700 - 22/05/05 02:53 AM

Hi,
Saw a few ads on the net about hunting driven boar in Pakistan and was wondering how popular this is with local hunters?
Are these organised drives with dogs and beaters or more of walking drives with a line of guns?
Also, I read that spotlighting the boar in cane fields is a good method.
Also, what happens to the animals that are shot? Are they thrown away/fed to dogs since most Pakistanis are muslims?

Post Extras: Print Post   Remind Me!   Notify Moderator  
mehulkamdar
.416 member

Reged: 09/01/04
Loc: State of Ill-Annoy USA.
Re: Boar Hunting Today [Re: Boghossian]
      #31727 - 22/05/05 02:02 PM

Boghossian,

Pakistan, Bangladesh and Nepal all offer boar hunts to foreign citizens. There are driven as well as stalking hunts in all countries. It depends on what circles you hunt in.

India opened boar hunting to foreigners in the state of Jharkhand last year and sold permits for $ 50 each. This year there may be more permits for non Indians. Otherwise, of course, locals can hunt on crop protection permits in some states.

--------------------
The Ark was made by amateurs. Experts built the Titanic.

Mehul Kamdar

iqbal
resigned as a member

Reged: 05/02/03
Loc: Karachi,Pakistan
      #31742 - 23/05/05 01:22 AM

There are three types of boar hunts in Pakistan.One is the driven hunt where hunters are placed at the edge of the forest or fields and the boars are driven out by men.The hunter gets a chance to shoot the running boar within the clearing of say a 100 yds.Second is the night hunt with searchlights,where you roam around in a open jeep through fields or tracks in the riverine areas,spot the boar and shoot it.Then there is the hunt with dogs where only the dogs do the hunting and you watch and enjoy the grisly sport.As far as i know there are no hunts where you walk,spot and shoot as the boar cannot be spotted while walking.As for meat it is usually taken away by the non muslim peasents who are mostly hindus(most of the field workers in Sind Province are hindus usually the achoots).

Boghossian
.275 member

Reged: 23/01/04
Re: Boar Hunting Today [Re: iqbal]
      #31753 - 23/05/05 05:04 AM

Sounds good.
Do the dogs kill the boar themselves or does it get stabbed by a huntsman? What breed is used?

http://www.molosserdogs.com/modules.php?name=Encyclopedia&op=content&tid=3195

This website mentions use of the Pakistani Boarhound, are these popular?

iqbal
resigned as a member

Reged: 05/02/03
Loc: Karachi,Pakistan
      #31796 - 23/05/05 10:30 PM

In most of the cases the dogs kill the boar however if the boar is a big one and has killed a few dogs(i have seen big tuskers kill 4 to 5 dogs by ripping them open from throat to crotch)then the huntsman steps in and kills it either with an axe or spear.Regarding the breed all i know is that two kinds of dogs are used,ones which flush the boar out of the bush and the second kind which go for the kill.I will ring up my friend and ask him about the breed and let you know.

Pages: 1

Extra information
0 registered and 5 anonymous users are browsing this forum.

Moderator:   

Print Topic

Forum Permissions
      You cannot start new topics
      You cannot reply to topics
      HTML is disabled
      UBBCode is enabled

Rating:
Topic views: 1747

Rate this topic

Jump to

Contact Us NitroExpress.com