Buchsemann
(.333 member)
31/01/09 01:35 PM
Schlegel of Munchen .562 cal doppelbuchse

NE,

I was going through some of my gun photos and thought perhaps some of the muzzle-loader folks might get a kick out this one, more so those interested in early German arms.

Marcus

Marrakai
(.416 member)
01/02/09 01:01 PM
Re: Schlegel of Munchen .562 cal doppelbuchse

Damn, that trigger-guard appears to be carved out of the stock! Very nice work indeed.

I don't usually go for tall hammers, but on that example they look quite 'correct'. Very pleasing aesthetics.

mehulkamdar
(.416 member)
14/03/09 03:46 PM

Mark,

This one looks really beautiful! I am a new muzzleloader addict thanks to friends like Steve Zihn and Ka'imiloa. This rifle does deserve to be copied and made again in the future. Thanks for posting this picture and good hunting!

dons
(.333 member)
14/03/09 10:28 PM

The workmanship in these early German pieces never ceases to amaze me. They are truly works of art.

Buchsemann
(.333 member)
15/03/09 04:45 AM

Marrakai, Mehul, and Dons,

Thank you very much for sharing your appreciation of this piece. My father picked this one up at a local gun show about six years ago. Every time I see it and a couple others in particular I'm amazed at the kind of luck he had finding these things, especially in the condition that they're in. A month later he found it's twin in the form of a shotgun, also in excellent original condition. It would be nice if some of that luck would come my way. Of course maybe if I would go to as many shows as he used to the odds would improve.

Marcus

Contact Us NitroExpress.com