11/01/04 04:15 PM
close to you in Footscray Nitro

http://www.mcdonaldsgunshop.com.au/

Sure you can drool on some of Keiths offerings mate esp the pair of H and H`s

NitroXAdministrator
(.700 member)
11/01/04 08:25 PM
Re: close to you in Footscray Nitro

I do like this one. Perfect for a day's walking in country where mixed game could be found.

W.W. Greener shotgun / rifle combo Cape Gun

WW Greener no. 70571 combo 12 bore shotgun by .577 rifle. Originally a 12 ga SxS shotgun, it has been
converted to a Cape gun and is in excellent rebuilt condition. Based on the Empire action with
a new mono block, the work was completed 2 years ago. With 24" barrels with 1 standing rear sight.
Restocked butt and forend with excellent wood.

Weight is 10 lbs, LOP is 14 ¾" over a Silver's pad. DAC is 1 1/8", DAH is 2".

Price US$4,900

These US prices really peeve me though

NONE
(.300 member)
12/01/04 06:09 AM

NitroX

I have previously sent a email regarding the cape gun you posted. It has already sold as of a week ago, It seams the site is a bit out of date in regards of stock.

I to thought the cape gun would have been a nice addition and the price was fair. I of course like the US pricing LOL, it seams a large portion of his sales are to the US market.

James F. Nixon III

gryphon
(.450 member)
12/01/04 08:38 AM

John old mate if it hurts in US bucks mate on todays rate its only $6310.37 AUD now that dont hurt does it hahahahahaa

mickey
(.416 member)
12/01/04 09:09 AM

In reply to:

John old mate if it hurts in US bucks mate on todays rate its only $6310.37 AUD now that dont hurt does it hahahahahaa

Not as bad as this time last year I bet. McDonalds used to be a great place before he found out about the internet.

gryphon
(.450 member)
12/01/04 09:45 AM

IF YOU HAVE BEEN THERE mICKEY YOU WOULD HAVE SEEN SOME OF MY SAMBAR HUNTING PICS ON THE WALL..........DAMN CAPS LOCK GOT ME AGAIN

mickey
(.416 member)
12/01/04 10:02 AM

Yeah, I've been there. I heard Kieth sold the shop and is just doing the internet thing now. He has two rifles of mine there, one I bought from 500Nitro.

I visited your site the other night (I was really bored and enjoyed your pictures. I've hunted Ducks with Georgie Mc Cormick and shot some Goats and Skippys with Mickey.

NitroXAdministrator
(.700 member)
12/01/04 11:32 AM

I've had my eye out for a Greener suitable for a double like Marrakai's 577 for quite a while. Now I need to find two so I can have a double and a cape gun.

Nice rifle and great idea. Wouldn't it be grand to use on pigs in close country? SG/SSGs (or buckshot) in the shottie and a 650 gr .577 in the rifle!

NitroXAdministrator
(.700 member)
12/01/04 11:39 AM
Cape Guns?

What's the usual barrel order of a cape gun?

Right barrel = the shotgun and Left = the rifle ?

ie shottie first and then the rifle.

That's probably the setup I would choose. Qucik firing shotgun and more deliberate choice on the rifle.

NONE
(.300 member)
12/01/04 12:25 PM

What would be the qualification to look for of a suitable Greener for conversion? I would assume any Greener of decent quality chambered in 12GA would be a candidate? Also whom did Marrakai's conversion or, dose conversions in general and what is the going rate for this type of a project?

It would be quite interesting to me as I want a .577 stopper, though the need for one is less then valid, this might be a nice option over buying a full house rifle. I would think just in speculation the former shottie would ring its self apart, I assume a gamete of reinforcing would be needed?

I to would think in a Cape the first trigger would be the 12ga but I in any case would want the .577 on the inside as for me on the .470 I like the inside as my cold shot as the outer barrel seams to be harder to recover from for a quick second, of course on the cape I guess you have no follow up unless to try and turn the beast that required the use of a .577 in the first order.

James F. Nixon III

NitroXAdministrator
(.700 member)
03/06/20 02:10 AM

Tags: "Greener Empire", "Cape Gun", ".577 Light Nitro", ".577 LNE", "Century Arms"

NitroXAdministrator
(.700 member)
29/05/23 01:40 PM

Tags: Rolf Babnick, Cape Gun, Greener Empire, .577 2 3/4" NE

Contact Us NitroExpress.com