ovis
(.300 member)
22/07/05 04:27 AM
Australian Toaster Biscuits

This morning my wife fixed some American made(I know, I know!)Australian Toaster Biscuits that are said to be reasonable facsimiles of a baking powder biscuits made at a resort in the Coral Sea area of Australia............they were really pretty good.....actually, they resembled an English Muffin.....I was wondering if any of my Australian chums here had any recipes of their own for biscuits of this sort they'd share w/this unknowing Yank............I'll be leaving for 6-7 weeks in sheep & grizzly camp the end of next week and would like to try some on the clients.

Thanks,

Joe

RLI
(.375 member)
22/07/05 04:24 PM
Re: Australian Toaster Biscuits

I can only think of the muffin and crumpet types ,we do not call them biscuits but they are a style of bread. A biscuit here is a cookie in the US , I think you are refering to the crumpet as this is cooked in a toaster and butter, Honey etc. My Mum/Dad runs a Bed & Breakfast and a few Americans have commented on the crumpets so I think this is what you are refering too. I will check with the missus and see if she has any recipes or could FedEx some to you!

Steve

ovis
(.300 member)
23/07/05 03:25 AM

RLI,

THank you for the response...........I'd really appreciate a recipe so I could try them on the clients........the ones we get from the grocery are pretty good..........just thought they'd be something a bit special while in the bush.

Joe

AspenHill
(Sponsor)
29/07/05 03:48 AM

Ovis,

Crumpets in the back country sounds devine. Kind of makes Alaska seem not so rough, eh?

"Hello Joe client, have some crumpets with your sheep tenderloin."

ovis
(.300 member)
29/07/05 10:59 AM

Ann,

The crumpets are a no go this season........they'll have to put up w/hot biscuits and cornbread........and there's always the sheep tenderloins. Just because we're very remote doesn't mean we have to suffer........we even have tortillas and sheep or caribou chili........cheese cake for desert........some mornings it's hot cinamon buns.......it's a tough life, right????? Leavin' in the mornin'.........see you guys in about 7 weeks. Ann, I'll choke down a bit of that sheep loin just for you.

Joe

NitroXAdministrator
(.700 member)
29/07/05 09:47 PM

Ovis

I just buy crumpet from a shop.

AspenHill
(Sponsor)
31/07/05 06:48 AM

Good luck with the season, Ovis, maybe one day I can afford a sheep hunt. If it happens, I want crumpets with strawberry jam.

Contact Us NitroExpress.com