10/06/19 09:37 PM
Re: Pork Fat is one of the World's Most Nutritious Foods

Quote:

but its not vegan so a big NO-NO

aromakr
(.375 member)
11/06/19 01:09 AM

Did you read some of the comments under the article! Wow, if its on youtube its got to be fact!

Bob

Postman
(.375 member)
11/06/19 05:25 AM

Mmmmmmm!!! Vegan Ham!!!!!!

Jim_C
(.300 member)
12/06/19 11:57 AM

Quote:

Mmmmmmm!!! Vegan Ham!!!!!!

Over the years, I've prepared quite a variety of animals for the table, and consumed an even broader variety of foods. That said, there is no way in hell I am going to touch--let alone field dress or butcher--a "vegan".

Yochanan
(.375 member)
20/06/19 07:40 AM

I see a booming market for pork schmaltz...

Many vegans are retards and muppets..no wonder as they lack some of the nutritious stuff in their daily diet..

NitroXAdministrator
(.700 member)
20/06/19 02:42 PM

Pork a mainstay of German and Middle and Eastern European Cuisines for at least a couple of thousand years ...

Plus how many 'native' cultures relied on a pig over the campfire? From the South Pacific, New Guinea, pre Islamist Indonesia, SE Asia, CHINA!, to Africa.

Pigs is some form or species across the world. Along with chicken and ducks, one of the main species supporting human kind since time began, and species were domesticated. Plus wild pork, yum and free!

DarylS
(.700 member)
20/06/19 02:52 PM

Eggs fried over/easy in bacon fat, cannot be beaten for flavour. They even beat eggs fried the same way, in butter.
in my porky opinion, that is.

Huvius
(.416 member)
21/06/19 02:29 AM

Quote:

Eggs fried over/easy in bacon fat, cannot be beaten for flavour. They even beat eggs fried the same way, in butter.
in my porky opinion, that is.

So true.
I like to baste them in fat with a spoon.

DarylS
(.700 member)
21/06/19 02:40 AM

Oh YEAH! - Before heading out on a small game hunt, a very close friend's mother used to make sure we had a GOOD breakfast. Ron's mom would pre-heat a large skillet of bacon fat, then float a piece of white bread (1" of the centre pulled out & eaten), then crack an egg into the hole. Her skillet was large, 2-burner type and held 4 slices of bread at a time. She would spoon bubbling bacon fat over the top surface of the bread and the egg, cooking both bottom and top at the same time. Then - onto our plates - YUMMY!

Before a hunt, whether bunnies, squirrels or ducks, we'd (2 of us) go over to Ron's early, around 7, just for this breakfast.
Ron's mom was a terrific lady.

93x64mm
(.416 member)
21/06/19 06:31 AM

Quote:

Oh YEAH! - Before heading out on a small game hunt, a very close friend's mother used to make sure we had a GOOD breakfast. Ron's mom would pre-heat a large skillet of bacon fat, then float a piece of white bread (1" of the centre pulled out & eaten), then crack an egg into the hole. Her skillet was large, 2-burner type and held 4 slices of bread at a time. She would spoon bubbling bacon fat over the top surface of the bread and the egg, cooking both bottom and top at the same time. Then - onto our plates - YUMMY!

Daryl, this reminded me of my oldest mate's Mum - God bless her she passed away many years ago now!
The meals we would have there, we always having a good laugh with the family, wonderful memories.

DarylS
(.700 member)
21/06/19 06:34 AM

Yeah - good times. The 60's seem a long time away, now. I never got into the drug thing - I had 2 uncles in the Mounted Police and that's where my sights were set. I was also too busy juggling girls with hunting. LOL

Contact Us NitroExpress.com