spikey
(.224 member)
09/01/21 11:38 AM
Help, please: Pre-WW2 Kahles H/4 x 60 Scope

Hi all,

I have a pre-World War 2 Kahles H/4 x 60 scope with a cross-hair reticule. However, I am not sure what the increments mean when adjusting for elevation. The brass turret on the top of the scope has a "1" and then a gap and then a "2", followed by a larger gap and then a "3". There are no markings to tell me what these numbers correspond to in terms of how far they change the point of impact at (I presume) 100m.

I would be grateful if you could help me, or perhaps suggest who might have any information.

The scope is attached to a Mannlicher-Schoenauer M1952 rifle and members Rothhammer1 and Louis on the Mannlicher Forum have been most helpful in providing me with answers to my other queries. Louis suggested I post here in case anyone can help me with the scope.

Kind regards,

Spikey.

Ripp
(.577 member)
09/01/21 02:58 PM
Re: Help, please: Pre-WW2 Kahles H/4 x 60 Scope

Quote:

Hi all,

I have a pre-World War 2 Kahles H/4 x 60 scope with a cross-hair reticule. However, I am not sure what the increments mean when adjusting for elevation. The brass turret on the top of the scope has a "1" and then a gap and then a "2", followed by a larger gap and then a "3". There are no markings to tell me what these numbers correspond to in terms of how far they change the point of impact at (I presume) 100m.

I would be grateful if you could help me, or perhaps suggest who might have any information.

The scope is attached to a Mannlicher-Schoenauer M1952 rifle and members Rothhammer1 and Louis on the Mannlicher Forum have been most helpful in providing me with answers to my other queries. Louis suggested I post here in case anyone can help me with the scope.

Kind regards,

Spikey.

I have 2 thoughts in reading this.
1. Have you contacted Kahles and asked them?
2. Set up a target at 100M and shoot.. find out how much it actually does move.

Or someone much much smarter than me will post on there and know the answers..

Best of luck

spikey
(.224 member)
09/01/21 06:04 PM

Hi Ripp,

Thanks for the post!

I have contacted Kahles but they didn't seem to know. Unfortunately, I have to drive quite a way to buy ammunition and also to where I can sight in the rifle, so would rather have the increments to hand prior to zeroing it!

I do know it's bore-sighted, but have yet to fire the rifle and zero it precisely.

Best wishes,

Spikey.

Marrakai
(.416 member)
27/02/21 08:53 PM

Just clamp the rifle in front of a vertical scale at 100m and see how far the bore-sight picture moves when you adjust the dial.

No need to use ammo or even go to the range.

tinker
(.416 member)
28/02/21 02:15 AM

Quote:

Just clamp the rifle in front of a vertical scale at 100m and see how far the bore-sight picture moves when you adjust the dial.

Exactly this.

DarylS
(.700 member)
28/02/21 05:07 AM

When looking through the scope, the crosshairs will move in the opposite direction to that of a bullet. Thus, to raise the bullet, you lower the cross hairs.
(just in case what you see if confusing)

NitroXAdministrator
(.700 member)
28/02/21 04:04 PM

Quote:

That's smart!

tinker
(.416 member)
28/02/21 11:51 PM

Quote:

Quote:

That's smart!

It's a common maintenance task for anyone who uses the knobs on their turrets.
Many fellows will call that a tracking test.

Contact Us NitroExpress.com