Bidyanus1
(.300 member)
02/10/18 03:36 PM
Immitation Swarovski 1-6

Team, knowing exactly what I have done I recently purchased an imitation 1-6 Swarovski. $250. Im pretty sure its made in China. It arrived last night and after checking it out it appears to be surprisingly good. Does anyone know anything about these things, if they are as good as they look or anything at all? All Ive been able to find out so far are ill informed comments like its Chinese so therefore it must be %^#@ but despite this if the Chinese put their minds to it they can make anything as good as anyone. Im yet to put it on top of the 30:06 its destined for, but does anyone know anything at these things at all that not prejudiced or just made up?
Thanks in advance.

Ripp
(.577 member)
02/10/18 11:52 PM
Re: Immitation Swarovski 1-6

Quote:

Team, knowing exactly what I have done I recently purchased an imitation 1-6 Swarovski. $250. Im pretty sure its made in China. It arrived last night and after checking it out it appears to be surprisingly good. Does anyone know anything about these things, if they are as good as they look or anything at all? All Ive been able to find out so far are ill informed comments like its Chinese so therefore it must be %^#@ but despite this if the Chinese put their minds to it they can make anything as good as anyone. Im yet to put it on top of the 30:06 its destined for, but does anyone know anything at these things at all that not prejudiced or just made up?
Thanks in advance.

Best of luck to you on that..hopefully it will work out better for you than my "imitation Rolex"... bought one while in NYC..lasted a month..done...

tinker
(.416 member)
03/10/18 12:14 AM

It could be helpful to others if you take good photos of this counterfeit scope and post them here for all to see.

Postman
(.375 member)
03/10/18 12:30 AM

Quote:

Quote:

Team, knowing exactly what I have done I recently purchased an imitation 1-6 Swarovski. $250. Im pretty sure its made in China. It arrived last night and after checking it out it appears to be surprisingly good. Does anyone know anything about these things, if they are as good as they look or anything at all? All Ive been able to find out so far are ill informed rYcomments like its Chinese so therefore it must be %^#@ but despite this if the Chinese put their minds to it they can make anything as good as anyone. Im yet to put it on top of the 30:06 its destined for, but does anyone know anything at these things at all that not prejudiced or just made up?
Thanks in advance.

roducing
Best of luck to you on that..hopefully it will work out better for you than my "imitation Rolex"... bought one while in NYC..lasted a month..done...

That’s funny!!!! As a much younger man I bought an imitation Platinum President Bracelet Rolex for $35 USD in Chang Mai many years ago. I still have it and it still works although on closer inspection nobody that knows watches would be fooled by it for longer than about 1/2 a second.

The Orient can be very good at producing knockoffs, with quality varying VERY widely. If you want to test your knockoff scope for quality, put it on something that has good recoil and try the “box drill”... Strong recoil will quickly take care of a sub standard scope, and the box drill will quickly identify whether the erector assembly is junk or not. Throw in a cold frosty day and you’ll see if the scope is tight or not and prone to fogging.

Another thought that comes to mind is that I personally would not mount something like this on a rifle destined for any hunt that I even remotely cared about. Failure in the field is unacceptable to me. I would however not be adverse to mounting a scope like this on a plinking .22 for non serious fun target shooting.

tophet1
(.400 member)
03/10/18 07:38 AM

Not everything that comes from China is garbage. Maybe 40 years ago but as Postman states, quality now can vary.

See how it goes. You may have a functional scope that works very well.

NitroXAdministrator
(.700 member)
03/10/18 04:47 PM

Lens quality is probably an issue. No doubt lens quality equivalent, one would hope, at the price you paid for it. And not sub standard to that price. I suppose the only difference is whether you can observe any difference with your own eyes, and in different levels of light and distances.

There is a reason the Austrian and German scopes of these makes are worth so much. And no worker in a knock off factory is going to be able to duplicate the standard.

Hope it works out for you. On what rifle and chambering?

Personally I would go for a Zeisss Conquest or a Leupold anyday before any knock off. No idea of what you are buying whether for $100 or $5000.

Talking about watch knock offs, when I visited China, the idiots I travelled with were obsessed with buying the crap and not even believeable knock offs. At the lowest price they would get. Our guide thought there were complete idiots buying that rubbish. One watch one person bought in say a group of twenty watches did not even have anything inside the watch case ... but hey, if you bought a hundred at a time, you got them for US$1 each!!! Fantastic!

Hope the scope works out.

Bidyanus1
(.300 member)
03/10/18 07:26 PM

Team I’ll get some photos up but this far it looks good. It’s going on top of a SAKO 30:06. I know what I bought and if it turns out rubbish I’ll throw it in the bin. But for 250..... well loosing that won’t send me broke.

Ripp
(.577 member)
03/10/18 11:14 PM

Quote:

Team I’ll get some photos up but this far it looks good. It’s going on top of a SAKO 30:06. I know what I bought and if it turns out rubbish I’ll throw it in the bin. But for 250..... well loosing that won’t send me broke.

Please do--really curious how this turns out...

As stated not everything out of CHEENA is rubbish.....but, ....

I have not seen many items that are not... pretty sure China doesn't have the glass thing figured out like they do in other parts of the world..including Japan, who produces some very good glass..

Ripp

DarylS
(.700 member)
04/10/18 02:34 AM

There are knockoff Leupold Scopes made in China that retail for around $35.00 - if you buy 4, shipping to NA is free & only takes a week normally.

Leupold has or had a warning on these on their web site, similar to the warnings WWGreener had on the Belgium English gun Imitations back in 1910.

The scopes look identical on the outside - same markings, gold ring etc & Leupold name stamp.

Couple guys on an air gun forum bought them and liked them. Go figure. They have been listed on E-bay for anywhere from $150.00 to $250.00 in an E-Bay add shown by one of these guys.

Funny, we as private citizens in Canada can buy scopes from China or Europe, but not from the States.

Bidyanus1
(.300 member)
05/10/18 11:07 AM

How do I upload photos from drop box ????

Bidyanus1
(.300 member)
05/10/18 11:50 AM

https://www.dropbox.com/s/7uo77idugiww4by/IMG_2199.JPG?dl=0
https://www.dropbox.com/s/vbbtk3gn43eamwx/IMG_2200.JPG?dl=0
https://www.dropbox.com/s/pdu5tz7j5s86hxd/IMG_2201.JPG?dl=0
https://www.dropbox.com/s/n72dvrnarhhqjb2/IMG_2202.JPG?dl=0
https://www.dropbox.com/s/ge9dk7d4a4otksy/IMG_2203.JPG?dl=0
https://www.dropbox.com/s/a23h4n0gpakogts/IMG_2205.JPG?dl=0
https://www.dropbox.com/s/bgs2prmq1g079i2/IMG_2206.JPG?dl=0
https://www.dropbox.com/s/ftvyq0mb1oiy6k4/IMG_2207.JPG?dl=0
https://www.dropbox.com/s/t44apnu3zikt5bx/IMG_2209.JPG?dl=0
https://www.dropbox.com/s/c8aylb8syc2oibw/IMG_2210.JPG?dl=0
https://www.dropbox.com/s/6353qrvbohrqjqb/IMG_2211.JPG?dl=0
https://www.dropbox.com/s/hei0f63agsdawwf/IMG_2212.JPG?dl=0
https://www.dropbox.com/s/w1j00x4x3fw0mwm/IMG_2213.JPG?dl=0
https://www.dropbox.com/s/9479fb0f48b6xjf/IMG_2214.JPG?dl=0

Ok I think Ive manged to copy the links from Dropbox, if some can let me know if they can see the photos, I explain some more

Bidyanus1
(.300 member)
05/10/18 11:55 AM

Ok the scope does not come with a battery no a description of which battery you put in it. Some further homework is required here
all photos taken with my iPhone including those looking through the scope set at 1X. I was holding the scope in one hand and taking photos with other hand while lining the camera up looking through the scope. In this context I think these came our surprising well
Comes with mounts but I dont think Ill use these ones, in fact I know I wont

Rule303
(.416 member)
05/10/18 05:57 PM

As other have said you can get good stuff from China however you normally pay for it. They will make you a Rolex, of S&B scope or Mercedes as good as the actual article but you will be paying nearly the same price. Cheap price is generally and indicator of a cheap build. You may have lucked out.

Let us know how it goes but do as suggested with a heavy recoiling rifle, box test and sticking it in the freezer then onto the rifle.

Ripp
(.577 member)
06/10/18 12:06 AM

Quote:

As other have said you can get good stuff from China however you normally pay for it. They will make you a Rolex, of S&B scope or Mercedes as good as the actual article but you will be paying nearly the same price. Cheap price is generally and indicator of a cheap build. You may have lucked out.

Let us know how it goes but do as suggested with a heavy recoiling rifle, box test and sticking it in the freezer then onto the rifle.

The entire "copying" other companies items, personally, pisses me off...each to their own..BUT, Cheena has made billions by stealing shit, copyright infringement, etc for decades from other companies, individuals, etc with no repercussions of any kind..and so it continues..

As long as people keep buy they will keep stealing.. in this way.. I have done it in the past as well, so not casting any stones..but, will no longer support that den of thieves..

Postman
(.375 member)
06/10/18 12:34 AM

Quote:

Quote:

The entire "copying" other companies items, personally, pisses me off...each to their own..BUT, Cheena has made billions by stealing shit, copyright infringement, etc for decades from other companies, individuals, etc with no repercussions of any kind..and so it continues..

As long as people keep buy they will keep stealing.. in this way.. I have done it in the past as well, so not casting any stones..but, will no longer support that den of thieves..

Ripp is spot on. The good news is that the Chinese knock offs are most always junk and corporate theft should NOT be supported.

The copyight infringement and theft issues aside, the OP has indicated that the scope is for a Sako .30-06 so I’m really curious as to why one would put crap glass on such a quaility and highly accurate rifle? A Sako rifle here starts at a price point of $2k CDN, and there is general shooting sport concensus that suggests one should spend an equivalent amount of money on a scope as one would spend on the rifle. So why would one put a questionable piece of glass on such a nice rifle?

I would agree as has also been suggested that a cost effective and quite field acceptable alternative to the eye popping expensive Euro glass would be to buy a Leupold or a Zeiss Conquest. Being an owner of both I tend to favor Leupold over the cheaper Conquests or even the Swaro Z3 line....

I believe that the Leupold is the more cost effective and higher quality for the money when one isn’t able or willing to buy a good high end Zeiss, Swaro, or Leica scope.

Personally I generally try to buy top end when I can afford it and I buy Leupold as my minimum benchmark for my bush guns, truck guns, .22 rifles and even my new fangled FX pneumatic pellet gun. I simply hate to fight with junk equipment. No different than I hate to fight with junk tools when trying to do a job. Speaking of which, junk in tools = Chinese sourced.

Rule303
(.416 member)
06/10/18 08:43 AM

Quote:

Quote:

Bingo. Spot on Ripp. If I had any say or influence in the matter I would have all countries boycott Chinese made items until such time as China stopped infringing copyright, and stealing technology and state sponsored hacking.

Postman, I agree.

Bidyanus1
(.300 member)
06/10/18 03:56 PM

(Comment edited to remove political comments irrelevant to the "Sporting Goods" forum, the question of sporting goods trademark infringement by China, "test reports" by other owners of fake trademark scopes etc.

Political discussions on Trump, US bases at Guantanamo Bay, Canadadian Eugenics in the past and Illegal Immigrant off shore detention by Australia should ONLY be made on the "Political Forum". And for most of those topics preferably not on the NE forums at all.

Comment edited to avoid the inevitable shit fight that will result.) End of edit.

But never the less as I have posted above I know exactly what I have purchased in that it may well be rubbish, but it may well not be, time will tell and I will keep you all posted. Now moving on I will return to my original question "Does anyone know anything about these things, if they are as good as they look or anything at all" And here is a new question "does anyone else actually have or had one" ?
And again....thanks in advance

NitroXAdministrator
(.700 member)
07/10/18 10:50 PM

Bidyanus,

I understand you are looking for comments from other owners of fake Swarovski scopes. And what their experiences have been. I suggest that it isn't a worthwhile exercise. In that the fake trademark manufacturers often seem to have no consistent quality control. As there is no need to have quality control to protect the brand reputation. As they don't own the brand and suffer no harm from ruining brand reputation. While one scope might be passable and workable, and an owner comment on such, the next buyer might end up with a complete brummy. Remember my "off topic" comment about people buying bucket loads of fake brand watches, and the variation between them from working to even no insides in the watch case at all?

I think the earlier comments on doing your own tests on the scope might be worthwhile ideas from you to try.

Maybe someone else here MIGHT have experiences to share, I think in this forum, I think it might take a long time if at all for someone else to have also purchased such a scope.

NitroXAdministrator
(.700 member)
07/10/18 11:00 PM

Quote:

There are knockoff Leupold Scopes made in China that retail for around $35.00 - if you buy 4, shipping to NA is free & only takes a week normally.

Leupold has or had a warning on these on their web site, similar to the warnings WWGreener had on the Belgium English gun Imitations back in 1910.

The scopes look identical on the outside - same markings, gold ring etc & Leupold name stamp.

Couple guys on an air gun forum bought them and liked them. Go figure. They have been listed on E-bay for anywhere from $150.00 to $250.00 in an E-Bay add shown by one of these guys.

Funny, we as private citizens in Canada can buy scopes from China or Europe, but not from the States.

How annoying that would be. To buy a "pre-owned" scope and find the seller selling it is knowingly flogging off a fake brand scope at a huge profit to the purchase price. A good reason to support good trademark standards. And also actions against anyone selling fake brandname products knowingly without full declaration of what it is, in our countries. (Obviously not referring to bidyanus in this comment, who is not re-selling the scope.)

NitroXAdministrator
(.700 member)
07/10/18 11:15 PM

Quote:

I recently purchased an imitation 1-6 Swarovski. $250. Im pretty sure its made in China.

Bidyanus, I can't tell from the images, but is that scope an illuminated model? For $250?!

Bidyanus1
(.300 member)
08/10/18 01:39 PM

1) In that the fake trademark manufacturers often seem to have no consistent quality control.

Thanks for that comment above, had not even thought about consistency of manufacture.

2) Yes it is the illuminated model for $250

Ripp
(.577 member)
13/10/18 10:44 PM

Speaking of Cheeena stealing things..
https://freebeacon.com/national-security...val-encounters/

Rule303
(.416 member)
14/10/18 10:23 PM

Quote:

I am glad the US Administration is now standing up to the Chinese and telling them where to get off. I hate to say this but if the US does not stand up to China no other country will. Now the rest of us need to support and back the US stance on China while we can.

Ripp
(.577 member)
15/10/18 04:24 AM

Quote:

Quote:

I am glad the US Administration is now standing up to the Chinese and telling them where to get off. I hate to say this but if the US does not stand up to China no other country will. Now the rest of us need to support and back the US stance on China while we can.

Agree---also good to see the US is no longer sending pallets of cash in a cargo plan under the cover of darkness to make a horrible deal look good to the world..such a disgrace..

BUT yes, CHEENA is not a friend.. they are looking for world dominance.. and look out of it ever gets to that point.. everything they come up with is stolen ..from cell phones to nuclear subs...

Contact Us NitroExpress.com