NitroXAdministrator
(.700 member)
07/06/20 12:50 AM
Andean Bear and Peruvian White tailed Deer

Andean Bear and Peruvian White tailed Deer

The Andean Bear, also known as the Spectacled bear because of its facial markings, is the only kind of bear that lives in South America. It lives exclusively at high elevations in the Andes Mountains. This bear is listed as vulnerable by the IUCN (The International Union for the Conservation of Nature) mostly due to habitat loss and hunting.
The white tailed deer featured in this film is the same species as the North America white tailed deer. This deer is extremely adaptable. It can be found in a wide variety of habitats from hot and tropical to freezing cold mountains.

https://youtu.be/PPT6aCOpoeg

grandveneur
(.400 member)
07/06/20 01:22 AM
Re: Andean Bear and Peruvian White tailed Deer

I was often in Ecuador for mountaineering. My guide was also a hunter and showed me his White Tail Deer trophies. I was surprised that there was still this deer so far south. Compared to North America , the trophies are a little weaker.

DarylS
(.700 member)
07/06/20 02:01 AM

Yes - smaller it seems. We have them up here in this area now, where there were none just 40 years ago. By the the year 2000 there was a hunt-able population.

Ripp
(.577 member)
07/06/20 01:31 PM

Quote:

I was often in Ecuador for mountaineering. My guide was also a hunter and showed me his White Tail Deer trophies. I was surprised that there was still this deer so far south. Compared to North America , the trophies are a little weaker.

The further north and the colder it gets, the bigger the whitetails get...

We used to shoot bucks that dressed out in excess of 220 lbs..some heavier..

Contact Us NitroExpress.com