EDELWEISS
(.375 member)
16/03/21 07:22 AM
Traditions Express O/U Muzzleloader?

I just stumbled onto an article about the Traditions Express O/U rifle. That lead me to a few others; but they were all from the 2008-2010 era. I cant find anything new or any source for the gun.

I suspect it may have been ahead of its time. Basically it was an O/U rifle with a closed breach that used 209 primers. So it looked like a modern O/U rifle or shotgun. It was supposedly safe to shoot 150grs of BP (hence the Express moniker).

I will admit some interest; but since it doesnt seem to be available I guess it doesnt matter.

TH44
(.375 member)
16/03/21 11:06 AM
Re: Traditions Express O/U Muzzleloader?

Edelweiss
Not sure what you are asking but here is an old French O/U DR as an example I bought many years ago

Bayonet/knife bar??? + very fine Damascus

Ramrod on left

Gastignne Renette, a top French maker

TH44

EDELWEISS
(.375 member)
17/03/21 10:16 AM

Honestly Im not sure where Im going either. I stumbled upon reports of the gun and thought it was kinda cool, then when I tried find one, they are no longer available. Maybe it didnt sell but the decision to cancel it seems like it came quick. I havent found any reports of issues with it either.

IDK maybe it was ahead of its time

DarylS
(.700 member)
18/03/21 06:06 AM

Years ago, in the early 90's maybe, there was an over/under side hammer rifle, put out by Ithaca, seems to me.
The only write-up on it I saw, noted ignition lagging or misfires for the bottom barrel due, I suspect, to the long flash channel from the powder to the cap. Of course, if one loaded the rifle with that in mind, a thump on the ground or with the hand would introduce powder into that channel and solve the ignition problem.

Nice rifle, TH44. Looks like a bayonet mount for sure. Typical "European" design. Seems to me the Baker rifle and the cap-lock Swedish Kongsberg military rifles had very similar bayonet mounts.

Longknife
(.333 member)
24/04/21 11:40 PM

Not a break open but it is O/U. percussion,,,,

https://www.gunbroker.com/item/892954620

Contact Us NitroExpress.com