EDELWEISS
(.375 member)
18/10/12 04:03 PM
Looking for a really BIG BORE

Ive been fighting an itch for a BIG bore muzzle laoder for too long and now I really want one. Ideally Id like a 4bore (really a 2bore; but I suppose I can start with its little brother...). So far Ive seen one new made rifle for sale; but they were asking $5000+. Is this a fair price?

Ive also been toying with the Kodiak 72 caliber DR and possibly the Gibbs single shot, also in 72 caliber. The prices on these are much cheaper; but are they good quality. I keep hearing the Kodiak has accuracy issues. There seems to be little info on the Gibbs.

Any suggests for big bore muzzle loaders?

500Nitro
(.450 member)
18/10/12 04:09 PM
Re: Looking for a really BIG BORE

Might help if you put your location in your profile
as it's no help telling you of one at the South Pole
if you are in Russia !!!

EDELWEISS
(.375 member)
18/10/12 06:35 PM

Sorry, I live in the US

CowboyCS
(.333 member)
19/10/12 01:29 AM

I don't usually outright self promote on the forum like this, but since you are interested in a 2 Bore and there are very few of us building them I'll throw my name out there this time.

Have a look at my website and if anything interests you please email or call me and we can discuss a project for you. My contact information is on my website. www.stolzergunsmithing.com

Colin

DarylS
(.700 member)
19/10/12 03:19 AM

If you decide on a .72 - I'd get the single shot .72 cal. Gibs. They are well made for a factory rifle & actually better than the Kodiak's I've seen. I have not seen a .72 Kodiak, though, only .54's and .58's.

I have a .69 Custom cap-lock designed after an English Sporting rifle, that is wonderfully accurate, as well as a .58 Kodiak which actually regulates well, but only with moderate, 110gr. charges. THAT's the stickler for what is actually an inexpensive double rifle. Will it regulate. A few of the guys here have them in .72.

szihn
(.400 member)
15/11/12 01:09 PM

I have a 12 bore "Rigby" style stalking rifle coming up if you are interested.
It will be some time before I complete it because I have a back log and my customers have to come first. I try to work on them on a first come first served basis, but the lack of barrels these days has screwed up my production schedule some
Anyway, if you are not in a huge hurry I would be happy to build one for you.
I can also do them in any other caliber up to 2 bore, but as I said, barrels are somewhat hard to get. Joe Williams dose my big barrels for me as long as they are not ordered too long for his machines, but in 8 to 2 bore you don't gain a thing with a barrel over 30 inches long.

Contact Us NitroExpress.com